Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: [FEF:] The Broken Circle [IC] (Chapter 0: Getting to Know One Another a Bit.)  (Read 12889 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"I'm still one of the chosen of the Weaver of Fate, so I'd become something like a Blessed Wife, until I had children, whereupon I'd be a Blessed Matron. That's if I didn't become something in the meantime that would change my title, such as a priestess."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Does your group view dark magic as holy Instead of light magic then?"

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

"Chosen, huh..."

Liz shakes her head slightly.

"No, that's for another time. I'm of the same mind as Chesed. Usually Dark Magic as seen as the opposite of holy, though I was personally taught that no magic is above another. All forms are simply tools. Not that it matters to me, I've got absolutely no talent with it. I could never learn magic, no matter how hard I tried."

"Not that I need it."

[[Clarification here. Roughly 70% of the population cannot use magic at all, and only 40% can use it at a strength sufficient enough for combat. The remaining can use it at a level that can assist with treating wounds, or start fires, but not to the extent of instantaneous reparation like in battles, or intense enough flames to cause major harm to a human. Magic is currently petering out in the world. Gradually becoming less common. Records stretching back a few hundreds show that it was at that point it started to decrease in abundance due to unknown reasons. It's probably not going to be a plot point, but it's an interesting thing.]]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:46:19 pm by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, it is. Humanity was born in the dark, even if most have... forgotten."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"An appropriate observation." he commented, his tone changing for the first time in the conversation.

"I know the meaning of the word 'maiden', if that is your source of worry. Why and how are you blessed?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

"On the skills discussion, I'm rather skilled with lances, and have a lot of armor."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Jasmine pondered for a few moments before directing her next question at the only other redhead in the room.

: "So, just how much do you know about herbalism? Because while it's nice that we've got a good range of magic in this room, I can't help but notice that no one's mentioned anything about the healing arts."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, there's the Base Blessings. I am alive, and healthy, not born crippled or rendered unwhole by disease, sickness or accident. I was born to those who know of the Divine Truth, so I have knowledge of the Weaver of Fate."
"Furthermore, there's the Greater Blessings - I have a talent for holy magic I'm cultivating, and there's... something else. I-I'm not sure I can really talk about it, though, to the uninitiated, but it's to do with my horns."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Well, I was adopted and raised by a family of alchemists - my foster father was friends with my real father, and when I was orphaned they took me in. I didn't start helping in the shop until I was thirteen, but I stuck with it for three years and knew enough to be taken on as a healer - that's how I got my start with Bradaniel Salim's militia. The weapon training came later."

"I haven't had much call to use my knowledge recently, but I'm sure with a little practice it will come back to me."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

: "Guess that'll have to do, unless the tardy party can use healing magic. Or that butler fella."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I haven't needed to rely on others or herbalism for healing in a long time."

Ashlyssa raised her left hand, clenching it into a fist to display the glowing mark etched on the back of her hand.

"I have this. I rescued a sorceress from bandits once and nursed her back to health; this was her way to 'repay the debt'. I have - or rather, had - the potential to do magic. What this rune does is feed from my natural power and use it to continually heal my wounds at the cost of never being able to use that potential for anything else. I consider it a fair trade, though I imagine someone like yourself or Arachne wouldn't appreciate the handicap."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quite the contrary. Jasmine's eyes lit up at the sight.

: "Whoa! Let me see that." She made a grab for Ashlyssa's glowy hand.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Ash shrugged and leaned over the table, extending her left hand so Jasmine could see it.

"Go ahead. Take as long as you'd like."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The mage examined the rune carefully, turning Ash's hand about to catch all of the angles. Eventually she let go.

: "Well, I have no idea what this means or how it works. But it's interesting!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Magic is hardly my specialty, but I have the idea that the ability to inscribe... arcane tattoos, I suppose one could call them, might well be a unique talent. I imagine that magic being as rare as it is, there are few who know how to inscribe these and fewer still who would take one on; completely losing one's ability for magic is not something I imagine many mages are inclined to do, even for some sort of small gain."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16