Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: [FEF:] The Broken Circle [IC] (Chapter 0: Getting to Know One Another a Bit.)  (Read 12868 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Enjald meanwhile looked at Dalaach.

"Haven't I see you somewhere before?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Jasmine shrugged dismissively at the woman's question.

: "Just a metalworking apron. Good leather, doesn't burn easily. Nice if you don't want molten metal splashing on you. The rest is just normal clothes like anyone's."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Arachne looked towards the empty seat.
"E-excuse me for asking, but are we waiting for anyone in particular?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Haven't I see you somewhere before?"

"..."

After the question, Dalaach brought a hand to his chin and stared at Enjald in contemplative silence for a few seconds.

"No, not at all."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Liz still seemed a bit confused about Jazz's attire, but eventually appeared to brush it off.

"I suppose I'm just not used to such things. I don't have any idea how forging and metalsmithing works. It must be hard."

She then sighed softly before responding to Arachne.

"We're waiting for one more person, god only knows why we need them. I thought ten seemed like a perfectly fine number, but Sebastian insisted that it had to be exactly eleven. Something about group organization or work distribution, I didn't really understand it very well."
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Will the details be given after the missing person arrives?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Must've seen him on the streets then. Enjald turned his attention to the lady, but said nothing.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

"Of course. I'm not so scatter-brained as to totally forget I need to explain what I actually need all of you for, no matter how it might sometimes appear. It's just a waste of time if I go through things fully with someone missing so it's better to just wait. If you want a hasty and somewhat simplified "to-do" list, lacking context, it would be:
One. Clear old castle of criminal infestation.
Two. Inspect old castle for something important my father thought he was close to finding.
Three. Begin refurbishment of castle. After about a week's worth of time has passed, in case the previous occupants attempt to return, those of you who wish to leave will be paid for your time and sent on your way."

"What happens from that point on would take too long to explain multiple times, but needless to say I have several ideas for where things might head in the future and intend to take the opinions of those who remain as my retainers into consideration. Is that enough of an explanation for now... Dalaach, I believe?"

The explanation 'Liz gave was delivered in a surprisingly serious manner contrary to her earlier demeanor. It seemed fairly obvious that she'd thought things through (or her butler had, at least) quite a lot, and knew exactly how she wanted things to proceed. How her decision making fared when presented with an unforeseen situation -or if her plans actually lead to favorable results- remained to be seen, but it looked like she could actually be focused when it was necessary. Which was a relief.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:14:32 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

"A payment! And some criminals to get squashed! That's all I need to know."
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"At least two of us are in agreement then. I'll be perfectly happy to take away a stronghold from some lawless cretins."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

"Yes, I suppose they're lawless criminals, aren't they."

There seems to be something Liz isn't telling you yet, but you sense that she probably won't talk about it until you've actually started travelling. She might spill a few beans if you push hard, but she will undoubtedly not be very happy. She looks to move the discussion elsewhere.

How about a more cheerful topic? What are all your skills? Just in case you got the wrong impression of me, I'm not some distressed little damsel who can't protect herself. I'm nowhere close to being a master yet, but I can at least wield a sword or sidearm decently enough"

With a scandalous wink, she also adds a little bit more to her description.

"Oh, and I've acquired the ability to make things mysteriously unlock themselves. Though the, er, implement I use, that is definitely not in any way shape or form a lockpick, may be extremely worn from practice. It's probably about to become useless, come to think of it... I should ask Sebastian about finding a new one."

~~~Meanwhile, Really Close By~~~

By the door outside where the emphatic meeting is taking place, the lady's butler believes he spies a small figure off in the distance with a curved sword slung across her back. She seemed to be in quite a hurry, or possibly relaxed, she might have been flustered, or completely oblivious to her untimely arrival. He couldn't really say, his eyesight wasn't what it used to be after all. Still, she was definitely heading towards him.

The last one arrives.

// Tiruin is in.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:25:58 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I'm a swordswoman by trade, though I also have a little herbalism knowledge. I originally worked with a militia to eliminate bandits, but for the past few years I've mainly been hunting bounties on my own to pay for equipment maintenance."

She laughed ruefully at the thick stick slung over her back.

"Though, sometimes one must make do with whatever is at hand."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"I too have practice sword, and I'm studying the holy ancient magic, but I... I, er, haven't quite, well, got it good enough to use in battle. It's just, like, little prayers and stuff at the moment."
She reached up a hand to nervously play with a horn.
"I-I, also... can pick locks."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, I am a forest guard. So I prefer to go for ambushes in said element, as for my weapon of choice..."
The armored man pointed to an axe with a long haft.
"...Throwing axes."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Is that enough of an explanation for now... Dalaach, I believe?"

"Yes."

"I wield Light magic and I am also in a quest for knowledge."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16