Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge: In Space!!  (Read 4867 times)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Roll to Dodge: In Space!!
« on: October 13, 2016, 03:13:59 pm »

Just a simple, space themed RTD game. I'm looking for between 4 and 8 people, though I'm sure we can make it work with more.

As a refresher, here is how the dice rolls will look:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I originally had a thrilling backstory, with a list of classes and skills you could pick and choose from, but that just seems...boring. Instead, I'm going to take your character submissions, use your character biography to give you stats and skills, and then build a world around all of your submissions. Should be a lot of work fun!

Without further ado:
Spoiler: Character Application (click to show/hide)

Turns will last between 24 and 48 hours, depending on the amount of players. Of course, if everyone submits their action I might go ahead and post the next one early. I personally prefer if people post a chain of actions, so you don't have to spend a full turn just running to where you want to go. It's always better to submit too much than too little. Talking is a free action, so feel free to monologue if you want, without fear of having your turn cut short. If you miss a turn, I'll allow your next turn to be slightly longer.

Feel free to ask questions here, or message me.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge: In Space!!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 03:14:16 pm »

[Reserved]

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 04:49:07 pm »

I suppose this is a little off from what you want, but since it is well past midnight already here and I'm tired, I might as well post it. Egan_BW is making me invent new various forms of horrors and insanity so blame him.

Name: Mr Fluffy Night Terror
Species: A nightmare kitten. Eldritch nightmare beasts who lure their pray in by looking adorable cute kittens and then turning into horrifying monsters when alone with their prey.
Appearance: Tabby kitten, mostly. Except when eating your dreams and hopes, then he looks like this, this, this or maybe like this. You know, whatever scares the prey most.
Biography: Mr Fluffy has spent last two centuries eating sapient beings' dreams, hopes and fears, so he got quite good hunch what to expect from any individual he comes across. But lately he has gotten bored with that job description and is expanding his borders by focusing more on other parts of the waking world.
Additional notes: Technically he doesn't exist physically. He's only a shared hallucination in minds of any being capable of dreaming. That also means he has almost no physical strength beyond what tiny tired kitten could muster and he cannot exists in area where there are no beings capable of dreaming. Whether they are conscious or not doesn't matter.

Co-op or party, I don't care as long as it isn't solo.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:34:28 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 04:49:54 pm »

Spoiler: Divine Punishment (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:32:24 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Best Digi-Tamer EVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 06:23:16 pm »

NAME: Six
SPECIES: Humanoid. Six seems to be some kind of humanoid/near-human alien. Though her build is more delicate than your average human's, and she has an extra set of limbs.
APPEARANCE: Six wears a bright yellow raincoat with a (sometimes) matching poncho. The hood obscures all but her mouth, nose, and cheeks, casting a strange shadow over her eyes.
BIOGRAPHY: A member of the mysterious fraternity known as the Ponchos. Not much is known about them, as is the same with Six. But Six in particular takes more of a scientist/inventor role within the society. Though every Poncho learns basic survival skills, navigation, ship maintenance, common languages, and self-defence. The Ponchos are forever neutral, and only involve themselves when it comes to the collection of advanced technology and artefacts, as well as (obviously) any hostile action taken against them. Some admire their adventurous society, some respect their bravery, some marvel at their innovation, some fear them for not much is known about them, and others hate them for getting in the way of their plans.

ADDITIONAL NOTES
- Six uses an advanced card system which functions as her "everything". Inventory, weapons, items, ship parts; even clothing, money and storage.
- Six communicates through text, gesturing, and facial expressions using her mouth, nose and cheek muscles. Her voice is heard only when she reacts to stimuli.

SOLO story path only, please!

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 06:04:55 pm by Weirdo »
I came this far. Erase my scars.

With enough duct tape you could fix anything. In Mother Russia duct tape fixes YOU!
SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 07:01:18 pm »

Name: Skeliborn
Species: Tiefling
Appearance: Basically a human in appearance but with horns on head.
Biography: You originally came from a campaign in a fantasy role playing game but your other party members got annoyed with you so they pushed you thru a portal and trapped you in you know, this Sci-fi based campaign. When you first emerged from the portal you saw a guy with a dark hood and a red sword that emerged from a small metal cylinder and could cut thru anything. You decided that this guy was a kindred spirit and became his apprentice for a few years until you got bored with him. At this point you killed him and took his cloak and overpowered sword. You were told that you were strong in the force by your former master but you have no idea wjhat this force is that he spoke of before his untimely demise at your hands. All you know is that while he said that together we can rule the galaxy, you think you can, and would rather rule the galaxy on your own. Thank you very much.
Additional notes:
As stated in the biography, Equipment{1 dark cloak; 1 red lightsaber}
Edit:
Game mode:
Solo
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 01:42:19 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 09:57:44 pm »

In. Working on sheet

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 06:54:44 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 10:47:11 pm »

Name: Whisper

Species: Whisper is a shifter, an extremely rare species of secretive aliens that usually assume the form of other humanoid creatures thanks to their unique ability to shift their own anatomy and morph it's composition. Every shifter looks different in their true form than the others, and they rarely congregate with their own kind. Some shifters can warp other organic matter as well, albeit much much less precisely and of no conscious choice over what the target matter is changed into. These special kind of Shifters are referred to by their own as only "Anomalies" and are avoided even more than the average Shifter.

Appearance: Whisper appears to be covered from head to toe in a long, yellow-colored cloak and a stark white mouthless mask with two holes for his seemingly nonexistant eyes that completely covers where it's face should be, but in reality these clothes are a shifted exstension of Whisper's body. Their only revealed skin is on their hands, and is scarily pale and marked with strange tattoos.

Biography: As a Shifter, Whisper is naturally very stealthy and generally sneaky from his race's natural tendency to hide amongst others. Whisper shows a particularly strange pattern of behaviors by Shifter standards however, as they spend a significant portion in his natural form, and as such has adjusted his efforts towards being even more persuasive than most shifters in order to assure his own safety. Despite his tendency to solve things through words and more intellectual methods, he is a force to be reckoned with in hand to hand combat- Morphing part of his body into a natural weapon and fighting with it and the occassional employment of his Anomaly ability being his key strategy.

Additional notes: Whisper has a tendency towards betrayal in dire situations, an impulse that is only natural amongst his simultaneously advanced and primtive kind.

Story Path:Solo or Party, as long as it's one of those
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:03:27 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 10:56:07 pm »

So I modified my old character a bit. Same abilities, completely different backstory.

Spoiler: New Old Character (click to show/hide)

Story Path: Don't Care (prefer Group to Solo)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:45:33 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 10:58:33 pm »

I'ma make a dude.

Done!

Spoiler: Nayrous (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 12:11:34 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 01:52:14 am »

dammit. first RTD in a while and I'm too late. if one of the reserves don't show up, I'll jump in
What do you think? Yes? No?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2016, 04:42:39 am »

Can I get a spot on the waitlist
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 10:17:11 am »

Well, guess there were a few people interested in this.

[snip]
Approval pending. I like it, a lot, but I need to work some things out on my end.
[Snap]
Approved.
[snip]
Are you working on some alternative characters? Also, I'm not sure I understand this "advanced card system" thing you are going for with Six.
[snap]
Approved.
[snip]
Approved
[snap]
Approved

dammit. first RTD in a while and I'm too late. if one of the reserves don't show up, I'll jump in
Can I get a spot on the waitlist
Make a character sheet, and I might be able to fit you in, or at the very least put you on the waiting list.

To everyone else, I await your character sheets!

Slight edit. When making a character sheet, I want you to include one or more of these four options, with the one you prefer the most first:
Solo: You'll start with your own storyline, but your path will still cross with other players, directly or at least indirectly,
Co-op: You will be paired up with or two other players (message me if you and someone else want to be together) although you may have different goals.
Party: Unforseen circumstances will pair you with the big group. Drama and clashing personalities will be abundant, but at least it will be fun.
Don't care: Self explanatory.

You aren't stuck in these selection, and even if you pick solo, you might end up working with NPCs, but at least it gives me an idea of what you are looking for, and let's me place you in a situation that will give you the most enjoyment.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:28:49 am by Wozzy »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 10:20:35 am »

As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 10:37:15 am »

[snip]
Approval pending. I like it, a lot, but I need to work some things out on my end.

Cool, I guess tired rambling sometimes works out.

[quote author=AoshimaMichio Slight edit. When making a character sheet, I want you to include one or more of these four options, with the one you prefer the most first:
Solo: You'll start with your own storyline, but your path will still cross with other players, directly or at least indirectly,
Co-op: You will be paired up with or two other players (message me if you and someone else want to be together) although you may have different goals.
Party: Unforseen circumstances will pair you with the big group. Drama and clashing personalities will be abundant, but at least it will be fun.
Don't care: Self explanatory.

You aren't stuck in these selections, but at least it gives me an idea of what you are looking for, and let's me place you in a situation that will give you the most enjoyment.

Added my choices into my post.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4