Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2: DBZXV2LMNOPQRSTUVW. That's Time Travel baby.  (Read 10476 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/10/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-change-clothing-statsattributes-expert-missions-tutorial/

Yeah, forgot to mention that. It's not the whole story though.

Things called QQ Bangs (weird name, perhaps stop QQing players?) can overwrite the stats on gear with a more preferred set of stats. You can create a QQ Bang by mixing in different clothing pieces or other items, which I guess gives you a single QQ Bang with all the stats rolled in, that you then equip in a slot which totally overwrites all the other gear values of what you're wearing. Costume rarity and other materials all affect the final power level of the resulting QQ Bang.

You can potentially end up with higher overall stats from your QQ Bang than the actual combined stats of the clothing items that went into it. However all your other equipped items (excluding Super Souls) are considered disabled.

So in a way....it's kind of like leveled crafting mechanic that lets you continue to hone in on the stat set you want, built on but divorced from the game's gear system. It's...kinda weird but appreciated just for the customization options. Essentially you'll probably make a QQ Bang early on and so you can wear whatever you want, and buy or acquire more stuff and make improved QQ Bangs as time goes on.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:06:52 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's release day!

Unfortunately, I'm on the road and won't get to play until tomorrow. But I assume release day will be a trainwreck for the servers just like DBZXV1 Day Zero was.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:53:56 am by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanted this, I wanted this so bad... but it is just too expensive...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wouldn't be surprised to see it on sale during the Steam XMas sale.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

* IronTomato impatiently awaits his chance to indiscriminately whoop asses

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Steam says the release date is tomorrow, not today. Pre-loading is available, but that's it ;~;
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My phone says the game will unlock in approximately an hour. The page has said game releases the 27th for days. Not sure why you're seeing something different than I am.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 04:56:52 pm by nenjin »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I saw a community update that said Friday the 28th. Of course, I assumed that would be Steam Local Time, which is my time. Apparently not. It's unlocked now :D

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Welp, apparently the game is still pretty good, but Bandai is still getting a ton of shit because they changed the thing on the page saying that it would get post-launch support for a year and changed it to just 6 months like an hour before release.

Thanks Obandai.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PFT given how they are SERIOUSLY nickel and diming their DLC (Seriously... a whole ark and their big release are TWO characters... If this was a fighting game with some quality assurance I MIGHT buy why they couldn't add more)

Should anyone be surprised?

Ohh well Dragon Ball Fusions is still where I am at

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was already wary when they pitched "a year of support and updates" as a bullet point feature. Wonder what happened. Did they cancel some DLC or lose part of the support budget? Maybe they're already planning DBZXV3!

Anyways, how's the game? Servers doing ok?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was already wary when they pitched "a year of support and updates" as a bullet point feature

And that is technically true. You get six months of support within a year.

rule of advertising always think of anything in the dinkiest possible form.

---

Man I must resist buying this game... I really can't afford it...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:53:57 am by Neonivek »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was already wary when they pitched "a year of support and updates" as a bullet point feature. Wonder what happened. Did they cancel some DLC or lose part of the support budget? Maybe they're already planning DBZXV3!

Anyways, how's the game? Servers doing ok?
Servers were, incredibly enough, quite stable yesterday just after launch. Maybe they aren't anymore, maybe they got slammed, but unlike when XV1 was released I had absolutely no issues with connectivity on launch.

I love how they revamped basic combat. It feels far more energetic and fluid now, and scoring a nice sequence of hits is less about exploiting infinite combos and more about proper timing while switching between fast and heavy attacks. Ki blasts, which in XV1 were basically rangespam and did very little damage, now feel as though they matter. You can even charge up your ki blasts, which gives them different effects depending on your "super soul". Now everyone can have paralysis attacks, or explosives, or homing. It's very cool. The AI seems less prone to spamming them as well, thank Kami.

Training's been improved. Now the trainers are just standing around on the map, and you can easily learn new moves from all of them. No more loading and reloading the hub world, hoping that the trainer you want will randomly spawn!

Story is weak, rehashing some of XV1's so far. Most of the time patrols so far are nearly identical to the first game's, with one notable exception:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I feel it's worth noting that I only beat the Saiyan saga so far, so perhaps Namek will bring in some new surprises.

Basically, it's "more of the same but better". That's basically all I was hoping for, but if you weren't all that fond of XV1 you probably won't be too fond of this either.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will say this game does suffer IMMENSELY from "I don't want you to be the bad guy" :P (The game that gets this the worst is Xcom 2)

There are so many points where Towa could have won with impunity if she... say... Super powered Goku during the Raditz fight.

It is one of the two ways the story is kind of weak.

The other is it REALLY doesn't allow the gravity of the characters to hit you. For example! (early game spoilers!)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They kind of totally waste their one gimmick by removing any gravitas they might have.

---

Well ok that... and it wastes its time travel / alternate history plotline immensely...

Since I know MOST people who play it were hoping alternate timelines would open up.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 02:27:56 pm by Neonivek »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Wait, they still kept Towa in? No Zamasu or anything?
._.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7