Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: ASOF (Game Thread) Day 1-Jao is useful  (Read 29617 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: A Star once Fallen (Game Thread) Day 1-A menacing string of 'O's
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2016, 03:54:24 pm »

"You woke us up for these bleeding eejits? Aye, we'd better go, eh. Although you have to wonder how come they haven't killed the big wotnot already. Too bloody stony, I imagine."

Well, Jao will also follow, hopefully towards the middle with Grik, asking him what the hell these massive army fingery things might be and why is his country so bloody awful. Even back home I never had to sleep in a marsh, not even after the hardest busking gig and even if I'd had to you can bet I wouldn't have been woken up by massive army fingery things, it's probably not even past 4am for goodness sake, not even cockerels get up this early.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2016, 04:04:16 pm »

"You woke us up for these bleeding eejits? Aye, we'd better go, eh. Although you have to wonder how come they haven't killed the big wotnot already. Too bloody stony, I imagine."

Well, Jao will also follow, hopefully towards the middle with Grik, asking him what the hell these massive army fingery things might be and why is his country so bloody awful. Even back home I never had to sleep in a marsh, not even after the hardest busking gig and even if I'd had to you can bet I wouldn't have been woken up by massive army fingery things, it's probably not even past 4am for goodness sake, not even cockerels get up this early.

Grik explains that these are the smelly green folks he was talking about earlier.

Prodding seems to indicate that there are some sort of small groups of humanoid creatures that reside in this swamp and hunt only at night, hiding under the ground during day. He suggests they are not made of flesh like other beings (being very bad to eat), are afraid of light and heat, and that the sun actually kills them. He says they usually try to capture their victims alive, but he has no idea why-and no idea to find out firsthand.

Grik picks up his equipment, since the GM decided that sidequest was never going anywhere. He seems more curious than afraid...

"Nasty monsters! Eat everything they can get claws on! Skin made of swamp slime, so very tough to fighting! But, really stupid.

You sure you trust them?"
He asks. "Stinky green long-legs Tribe do make deals, but usually only for food."

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2016, 04:51:25 pm »

((Wen-Tsu is pretty much vegetarian; instead, could she have had the swamp hot pot?))

The Moon rabbit woke easily and motionlessly, remaining still and curled up at the base of a tree.

"Oh, oh!" she suddenly chimed up.
"What if it's a trap to get us to lower our guard, before they eat us!"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2016, 04:54:10 pm »

((I think I don't know how to make the hotpot, I assumed it was an example of a level two recipe I can unlock later on down the line in some way.))

Moubu nods his head to the rabbits words. "Indeed. That makes the most sense to me. In that case I purpose that we rip them apart once they show their ill intentions. Or, failing that, if they are truly some unkillable monsters, rescue Caern and flee."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 04:58:30 pm by Criptfeind »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2016, 04:56:57 pm »

((Wen-Tsu is pretty much vegetarian; instead, could she have had the swamp hot pot?))

((You could have had the sunrise soup. Same diff.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2016, 06:23:59 pm »

((You could have had the sunrise soup. Same diff.))
((Good enough.))

"Maybe I could charm them around..."

She waved to the creatures from the black lagoon.

"Helloooo! I'm not a man, I'm a Moon Rabbit, thank you very much! I'm Wen-Tsu - what are your names?"
She beamed at the dripping swamp horrors, as if they weren't, well, dripping swamp horrors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2016, 08:31:16 am »

"Helloooo! I'm not a man, I'm a Moon Rabbit, thank you very much! I'm Wen-Tsu - what are your names?"
She beamed at the dripping swamp horrors, as if they weren't, well, dripping swamp horrors.

The beings seem very confused. After a minute, each one responds in kind.

"Toooooom!"

"Booooort!"

"...And Bill!"

They seem so much more trustworthy now.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2016, 08:35:56 am »

"We could offer to trade them Balecar for our other companion"

Seeing as how things didn't appear to be immediately hostile, Anders settled back and let others do the talking. Negotiations weren't his strong suit, but he'd observe the newcomers for any apparent signs of wealth and/or weakness.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2016, 08:56:47 am »

Emilia had been silent since she awoke, and remained silent still. She was even only partially aware of the strange swamp people. What she was focusing on was her own body.

It felt... Different. Lighter, somehow. Springier. Almost like she could fly away, but of course she knew she could not do that, as she had no wings. Maybe the fight with the monkeywasps had strengthened her, somehow. She no longer even felt afraid of heights (though she had never been particularly fearful to begin with), even standing at the top of the tallest spire she could imagine would not daunt her in the slightest now now.

It was odd. 
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2016, 10:25:03 am »

"Nasty monsters! Eat everything they can get claws on! Skin made of swamp slime, so very tough to fighting! But, really stupid.

You sure you trust them?"
He asks. "Stinky green long-legs Tribe do make deals, but usually only for food."

"Well. If they're as stupid as you say, they won't be cunning enough for us. Look, we can deceive them with a shiny bloody bunny rabbit trying to make friends, and then after - BAM!"

Jao smashes his fist into his palm, totally symbolising what he was going to watch his comrades do from the safety of behind a rock or something should the foul beasts make a wrong move.

He comes forward, past the bunny rabbit.

"Here, let me handle this. I speak foreign and eejit. TOOOOOOM. BOOOOOOOOOOORT. BILLLLLLLLL. Let's GO. WHAT TRADE. I SAID, WHAT TRADE. Bloody hell. WHAT TRADE. WE FOLLOW. NO FUNNY BUSINESS. MOUBOU STRENGTH OF MANY GODS."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2016, 12:36:15 pm »

"There's no need to be rude..." the shiny bloody bunny rabbit muttered quietly.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2016, 01:10:57 pm »

"Here, let me handle this. I speak foreign and eejit. TOOOOOOM. BOOOOOOOOOOORT. BILLLLLLLLL. Let's GO. WHAT TRADE. I SAID, WHAT TRADE. Bloody hell. WHAT TRADE. WE FOLLOW. NO FUNNY BUSINESS. MOUBOU STRENGTH OF MANY GODS."

The beings seem to converse amongst one another.

"Trade....shiny goooold?"

It's not like you'll use your wealth score in this campaign anyway, right?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2016, 03:59:08 pm »

"There's no need to be rude..." the shiny bloody bunny rabbit muttered quietly.

"What, they're foreign and they're eejits, right? That's just facts, not rude."

And turning to the marsh-eejits.

"Yes. GOLD. Shiny GOLD. Absolutely."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2016, 04:00:37 pm »

Is there any objections to following the horrible swamp creatures into their obvious trap?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2016, 04:55:03 pm »

"MOUBOU STRENGTH OF MANY GODS."

Moubu raises his eyebrow at this. But otherwise doesn't object to falling for this obvious trap. He might not literally have the strength of many gods, but saying that these beasts are scarily powerful is more of a challenge then a threat to him, one that he's willing meet head on!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23