Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the Solution to the No-Healer problem?

NPC Healer. (Priest Trainee -> Priest -> Saint)
- 5 (41.7%)
Buffed and/or Cheap Vulneraries.
- 2 (16.7%)
Other (please post suggestion in thread.)
- 0 (0%)
I understand that I am not a player in this game, and if I vote for any other option UXLZ will tear my testicles and/or mammaries free from my soft, mortal body.
- 0 (0%)
I am Tiruin and have biased desires due to my own ideas for a game I wish to run, and desire this game to be my guinea pig. =P
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32

Author Topic: [FEF:] The Broken Circle [OOC] [Signups Closed]  (Read 27094 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Broken Circle [OOC] [Signups Closed]
« Reply #360 on: October 22, 2016, 01:53:59 am »

Tiruin, at least a short post would be ok. Then let your character vegetate for a while.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 22, 2016, 02:06:33 am »

Well, I don't really like playing other people's characters, and I can't even begin to English the way Tir does, but I guess I can give it a shot after I get home.
Tiruin, at least a short post would be ok. Then let your character vegetate for a while.
Thanks dudes c: I really appreciate the thoughtfulness. This playerbase is ♥!

* Tiruin pastes a ♥ on Sentient Bowtie.

Done my post! (It's in the typing at this moment--also my sheet isn't in the OP yet :O)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 22, 2016, 02:12:27 am »

Because I haven't put it in there yet. I'm waiting to see your text color.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 22, 2016, 08:30:55 am »

who's inido
Black lives matter.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 22, 2016, 08:40:50 am »

who's inido

You know who I'm talking about. =P

Anyway, point being, while I wouldn't suggest it I'm perfectly fine with his bow being fluffed as a longbow if you also fluff in a reason why it can only shoot as far as a recurve.
The circle is complete.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 22, 2016, 08:45:21 am »

Honestly I don't know why the differentiation needed to be made in the first place. It's not actually a longbow, I realize that. Just let me make throwaway comments ;-;
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 22, 2016, 08:49:23 am »

SRS BSNS
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 22, 2016, 09:00:53 am »

NEVER. >=x

And the reason why the distinction is made is because a longbow is a distinctly different to a recurve bow. The other option is to have the other characters ask why your range is so shitty. =P
The circle is complete.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 22, 2016, 09:02:44 am »

Frankly I don't mind the idea of a character having a personal weapon that just so happens to have the stats of whatever they're actually fighting with. It's nice flavor.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 22, 2016, 09:10:15 am »

But then you run into the same problems ("why does that longbow not shoot as far as your other longbows?").

It also seems just a bit pointless when all of these weapons will eventually break anyway and have to be replaced.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 22, 2016, 09:15:32 am »

Allow me to smooth over these plot holes.

1. Longbow not shooting as far: character is just choosing not to shoot as far for reasons. Say, the wind is bad, or he can't see that far into the woods. :P
2. Flavor weapon never actually breaks; if the actual stat weapon breaks, then the flavor weapon will just use the stats of whatever weapon said character next equips.

It's not my decision on whether it's cool or not to do that, but if I ever ran an FEF I'd allow it. I guess I'm just a fan of weapons like the Galestrike Ketsuki has over in FH - not necessarily the same mechanics, but just the idea that this is the character's signature weapon and it's what they 'always' use/always shows up in cutscenes. For example, Cloud is always portrayed with the buster sword. Even though it's the weakest sword he can get, it's still 'his' sword. I'm not sure I'm explaining myself well, but you get what I'm trying to say, right?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 22, 2016, 09:21:05 am »

I do get what you're saying, but...
A) Flavor only goes so far. If you make excuses often enough it just seems weird.
B) Then you have the issue of your personal weapon's stats changing, sometimes drastically, and even gaining and losing abilities in the cases of reaver and slayer weapons.

Galestrike at least has the advantage of being a unique and physical weapon; if Ketsuki were to equip, say, an Armorslayer, she would no longer be using Galestrike and it would return to her inventory. Galestrike does not magically take on the identity of whatever sword Ketsuki's using (unless I'm badly misremembering).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 22, 2016, 09:26:21 am »

"This is my favourite bow. I've replaced the string 12 times, and the bow 7 times, but it's still my favourite old bow."

I do get what you're saying, but...
A) Flavor only goes so far. If you make excuses often enough it just seems weird.
B) Then you have the issue of your personal weapon's stats changing, sometimes drastically, and even gaining and losing abilities in the cases of reaver and slayer weapons.

Galestrike at least has the advantage of being a unique and physical weapon; if Ketsuki were to equip, say, an Armorslayer, she would no longer be using Galestrike and it would return to her inventory. Galestrike does not magically take on the identity of whatever sword Ketsuki's using (unless I'm badly misremembering).
Galeforce is the name. :P
But yeah. Galeforce is a specific sword. If I equip a bow, it's not just a very odd way of using a sword :P
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 22, 2016, 09:34:29 am »

I would call gameplay and story segregation on the second. Yes, we the players know the weapon's stats change, but why would the characters be aware of it? Why would they think 'wow, that sword is suddenly and mysteriously awesome against knights' instead of 'that was good work, attacking the weak point of that guy's armor'?

And no, Galestrike Galeforce (thanks, ninja Gig) doesn't. It powers up a random stat it has every time it kills an enemy. My point was more that Galeforce is Ketsuki's sword. She may use other weapons when she needs to, but that one is now her signature sword.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree if you'd like Sirus, because I don't think I'm going to budge you and I can state flat out you're not going to change my mind, so further debate would be pointless and just clutter up the OOC. :P

Also @Gig: ...I never suggested using a sword's stats for a signature bow man, come on. You would need some kind of weapon like Squall's gunblade to pull that off. :P

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF:] The Broken Circle [OOC] [Signups Closed]
« Reply #374 on: November 02, 2016, 06:53:23 am »

Everything's finally starting to move. =3

Though it'll probably still be a few days before we reach the first combat encounter, especially if you guys still want roadside RP.

Also, #SemiTitleDrop
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 07:13:13 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32