Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 50

Author Topic: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)  (Read 58333 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)
« Reply #390 on: October 31, 2016, 01:53:30 pm »

I can't see the map so I can't give any coordinates. I also have no idea if Restoration applies here to get rid of the little parasite, so GM opinion would be appreciated.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 31, 2016, 01:59:40 pm »

I can't see the map so I can't give any coordinates. I also have no idea if Restoration applies here to get rid of the little parasite, so GM opinion would be appreciated.

I guess I'll post all the information again! I thought we wouldn't need it till we started combat. Also I didn't update the map because we're not in combat mode yet...and you're probably all going to want to move around before the boss battle starts.

Caern 2 is in the hut at C15 btw

Also, it didn't get a chance to really hurt you yet, so no malus applies.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 31, 2016, 02:54:21 pm »

Does the shield count as armor when it comes to cancelling the natural armor and berserking bonuses?
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 31, 2016, 02:57:17 pm »

Does the shield count as armor when it comes to cancelling the natural armor and berserking bonuses?

Shields are specifically listed as not counting against berserking bonuses.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 31, 2016, 03:54:49 pm »

Oh yeah, I meant to ask only about the Berserker feat. The Natural Defense feat is the one that specifically says that using a shield doesn't cancel the bonus. I do think there's a point to be made about the whole "wearing armor" point when it comes to shields, though.

And you can use my text color for Caern's icon.

And I guess I'll change my Major Action for the turn.
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 01, 2016, 11:51:33 am »

Oh yeah, I meant to ask only about the Berserker feat. The Natural Defense feat is the one that specifically says that using a shield doesn't cancel the bonus. I do think there's a point to be made about the whole "wearing armor" point when it comes to shields, though.

And you can use my text color for Caern's icon.

And I guess I'll change my Major Action for the turn.

Yeah, oops. I just mentally applied the natural armor feat as a rule base for berserking, when it relates to shields.

I guess there's some merit to 'How would he block precise attacks when he's mindlessly raging?', but I figure you'd just end up using your shield as a big off-hand club. It's essentially a giant board on the end of your arm, right-be like another layer of armor, in that it would deter enemy attacks just by being wielded, even if you didn't intend to do so. Wouldn't extend to actual armor, I think, as the idea is all that weight keeps you from acting 'barbarically'. Or whatever.

Also, the exact definition of 'berserking' is a bit vague. Are you frothing at the mouth and bleeding from the eyes, or have you entered a state of perfect combat zen tranquility? I dunno. :P

In the end, the 'best' rule would be to reduce the armor penalty by 1 (making it useless to wield a small shield), but I don't wanna bother with such nitpicky rules, so I'll leave it alone.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:53:18 am by Dwarmin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 03, 2016, 12:48:35 pm »

That turn was alot more annoying to put out than I thought it would be.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 03, 2016, 01:04:23 pm »

I thought OH GOD WHY EXCEPT FOR ME and then I read on.

So, can I scream in terror before my turn?

Jao wants to tell everyone to run like buggery and don't let them touch you.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 03, 2016, 01:05:52 pm »

I thought OH GOD WHY EXCEPT FOR ME and then I read on.

So, can I scream in terror before my turn?

Jao wants to tell everyone to run like buggery and don't let them touch you.

I'm going to rule Screaming in Terror is a minor action you can perform anytime.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 03, 2016, 01:07:38 pm »

Spookie ghosties. And spookie ghostie heroes. Time for a spookie ghosty war.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 03, 2016, 01:21:34 pm »

Looking at the map... are there three caerns now?
He's spreading like mold!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 03, 2016, 01:24:07 pm »

Looking at the map... are there three caerns now?
He's spreading like mold!

Please ignore the amorphous horror blob of your characters fused bodies, because God was too lazy to erase character units from the maps. :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 03, 2016, 01:32:55 pm »

Is it possible to invoke more than one Boon per turn if their actions are different? I've been searching for a ruling on that, and since I didn't find anything that's why I spent a Minor Action on Light and a Major on Regeneration last turn (and forgot to have the illusion Caern cast the latter too).

Edit: And is it deliberate that the bonus from Natural defense isn't showing on Caern's Defenses?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 01:42:07 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 03, 2016, 01:44:05 pm »

Is it possible to invoke more than one Boon per turn if their actions are different? I've been searching for a ruling on that, and since I didn't find anything that's why I spent a Minor Action on Light and a Major on Regeneration last turn (and forgot to have the illusion Caern cast the latter too).

Edit: And is it deliberate that the bonus from Natural defense isn't showing on Caern's Defenses?

Yeah.

Also no, I didn't add that yet.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 03, 2016, 02:20:39 pm »

Aw man what. I know what feat I am taking next if he lives long enough.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 50