Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50

Author Topic: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)  (Read 58329 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)
« Reply #300 on: October 22, 2016, 09:22:17 am »

The party follows the white rabbit, barring any complaints, and the white rabbit follows the green frog.

Since the frog doesn't seem inclined to go anywhere right away, I suppose you're voting for staying near the quicksand clearing?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 22, 2016, 09:31:24 am »

”See? Such glorp. Perhaps we should sleep? At next sun see your tribe?”

"No leave sun! Glorp sun fly, sun fall! Small sleep, Howlop hungrop blorp big sleep!" He seems quite emphatic about not being around when the sun comes up.

Even as dense as Jao is, he finally gets the idea that the word howlop refers to the hover chimps.
I was basing that the frog would go somewhere on this.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 22, 2016, 09:32:52 am »

* Criptfeind shrugs.
According to options list apparently the frogs default is to sleep here and leave before dawn? Certainly he's not leading us anywhere at this moment.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 22, 2016, 09:34:09 am »

I guess we could head back to the beach and stay there for the night, where it might be safer and less likely to wake up to facefull of harambees.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 22, 2016, 09:35:21 am »

* Criptfeind shrugs.
According to options list apparently the frogs default is to sleep here and leave before dawn? Certainly he's not leading us anywhere at this moment.

Indeed.

I guess we could head back to the beach and stay there for the night, where it might be safer and less likely to wake up to facefull of harambees.

Too soon.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 22, 2016, 09:36:47 am »

Stingers out for harambee.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 23, 2016, 02:17:42 pm »

Time to hand all these RP rewards.

Hope I didn't forget anyone... *whistle*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 23, 2016, 02:26:57 pm »

Btw, my thoughts were

Anders: Made a good deal about using his existing perks, so I wanted to see if wanted to expand on them. Also tells me which 'side' he wants to be on. Humanish, Deep One, or Elder Thing? :P

Wen-Tsu: Allow her to continue as a pure support (good combo if Moubu goes for cooking), or let her wade into combat directly.

Jao: Bonuses to either his main bardic abilities (which he hasn't had good chance to use yet), or main combat ability, which seems to be...lacking.

Emilia: Pretty much a decent defense buff (she seems to be off-tank), or something to accentuate her aerial mobility, which she put to good and cinematic use in the first fight.

Moubu: I figured by his comments in this thread he was intending to go berserker build, so both his perks will help that. Also, he asked me to describe the taste of food, so I assume he wanted to be a chef.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 23, 2016, 02:27:47 pm »

How long does it take to grow vegetables?
Is it a pretty instant thing, wot with 'er magic?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 23, 2016, 02:46:45 pm »

Anders: Made a good deal about using his existing perks, so I wanted to see if wanted to expand on them. Also tells me which 'side' he wants to be on. Humanish, Deep One, or Elder Thing? :P

Oh, Mother, I do love you, but my Father's path calls me. Great perks for Anders, but he's going full Elder Thing if he can. Hell, who wouldn't go full Elder Thing? Definitely taking Dark and Deep.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 23, 2016, 02:47:14 pm »

How long does it take to grow vegetables?
Is it a pretty instant thing, wot with 'er magic?

Well, lets make it fun-say you get 12 hours of 'crafting' time a day with 12 TU, 1 TU=Hour. Though your power is supernatural, so you could use it all up in one big shot, more or less instantly. That's more cinematic!

If you wanna mimic a boon or bane, it'll take 1 TU per power level. Averaged out for wild fruits I generate, so they will be sort of better-but with more random effects tacked on. So you pop out 4 Lampsur fruits a day, at 3 TU each one. Or maybe a big bush that gives 12xFruits that benefit you with regeneration I, 1 TU each. At some point you'll be able to do, for example, a food that gives invisibility when you get alteration level 6. You can grow two of those a day. If you really like crafting, I could maybe boost up your TU with later perk bonuses.

I'll also let you make a 'flowering' plant that replenishes itself-essentially, you spend the normal TU cost on one day, and on the next day it matures and produces the fruit you indicated, and pretty much continues to do so every day. On the downside of being immobile and vulnerable.

I'll have to adjust the durations of the effects based on whatever your imagination creates. And the terrain you grow things on may increase or decrease the TU cost, depending on the nutrition in the soil.

Sound cool? It should allow you to really spread your support powers around, as usually you only get as much as you can concentrate on, which is one ability at a time.

Also, I literally am just thinking it up as I write. :V

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 23, 2016, 03:21:30 pm »

Hmm.
They're both pretty tempting, to be honest.

Plant growing one sounds like it has the most utility, but I do like the hammer one.
Hmm...

What you going for, Mr Orc?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 23, 2016, 03:28:11 pm »

I have to admit, I'm really not sure. Both are really good. The endurance one is, as Dwarmin has sussed out, exactly what I was going for with my character. But iron chief is very very cool. So. Uh. Basically, tough choice, idk.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 23, 2016, 03:43:46 pm »

Hard choices mean I did it right.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 23, 2016, 03:48:42 pm »

See, this is what happens when I can't update my own game. I write a bloody illustrated mini-story instead of a turn. Sorry. At least I put it in a spoiler.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50