Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: The Pillared Garden: A Miracle of Rare Device  (Read 25542 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: The Pillared Garden: Banjaxed On The Big Water
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2016, 11:42:31 am »

Eccentrica sort of wished that the tearaway clothes were as easy to put on as they were to take off, but it was damn hard to get clothing that form fitting to go on properly at the best of times. Still, this was good. Rescued by sailors, honestly, things could not be much better.

Hold my torn garments to myself artfully as the sailors get nearer, making sure to expose tantalizing slivers of 'the goods' by 'accident' as I call out to our saviors. Damsel in Distress is  fun act, particularly when in dis dress.

//
Wait for the frogs to arrive. Are there any minerals that I can emphasize with on their ship?

What is my mineral empathy, exactly? Can I speak to minerals? Can I control them?

You can be a shoulder to cry on for tectonic plates when they go through break-ups.

"I knew there was a fault line between us, it had been there for a long time... but, but... I didn't expected to be so sudden. A billion years of inseparable union, all snuffed out in an epoch..."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2016, 12:23:23 pm »

((So, will all action having to do with using the spider people's racial ability to make spider threads use mind? Becuase if so, I may have made a bit of a mistake during character creation.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2016, 12:36:53 pm »

((So, will all action having to do with using the spider people's racial ability to make spider threads use mind? Becuase if so, I may have made a bit of a mistake during character creation.))

Mind means you're getting creative, regular webs use finesse.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2016, 01:10:32 pm »

((Hmm, will it also be mind if I'm trying to repair stuff? Because if so, I may have a bit of a problem.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Darn. Well, since we're waiting for the frog people to arrive anyway, use this time to calm down and stop being delirious.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2016, 02:36:19 pm »

Does that mean that a spider-person with low finesse and high mind can create unusual webs more consistently than it can make normal webs?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2016, 03:07:21 pm »

Help Eccentrica with hailing the ship
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:27:37 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2016, 03:08:11 pm »

((Hmm, will it also be mind if I'm trying to repair stuff? Because if so, I may have a bit of a problem.))

You'd still get a +1 if you were repairing janitorial equipment. Beyond that, well, guess there's a reason fixing up complex machines isn't actually part of your job description.

Does that mean that a spider-person with low finesse and high mind can create unusual webs more consistently than it can make normal webs?

Yeah. It's actually the topic of the critically acclaimed Spider People coming of age holofilm and box office bomb, "Doily". You've seen it - not sure you get what the cult hype was about, really.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2016, 03:25:44 pm »

Hold on to my net, but don't do anything with it quite yet. Try to get a better look at the approaching frog people.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2016, 03:38:02 pm »

You'd still get a +1 if you were repairing janitorial equipment. Beyond that, well, guess there's a reason fixing up complex machines isn't actually part of your job description.
((Well, that's going to get interesting. Let's hope there's lot of borked janitorial equipment around.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2016, 04:46:12 am »

Wait for the frogs to arrive. Are there any minerals that I can emphasize with on their ship?

You don't think there are - they don't seem to have bothered with having an anchor on it, and you're not sure where else they'd have rocks on there.

But in any case, they arrive, and seem to pay no attention to you whatsoever in favor of turning all their eyes on Eccentrica, who takes mostly naked charge on what you suppose are negotiations, gesturing and making noises while the Frog People do the same.

Eccentrica sort of wished that the tearaway clothes were as easy to put on as they were to take off, but it was damn hard to get clothing that form fitting to go on properly at the best of times. Still, this was good. Rescued by sailors, honestly, things could not be much better.

Hold my torn garments to myself artfully as the sailors get nearer, making sure to expose tantalizing slivers of 'the goods' by 'accident' as I call out to our saviors. Damsel in Distress is  fun act, particularly when in dis dress.

[Finesse: 8+4]

They don't speak your language, and you sure as hell don't speak theirs, but you make up the difference with carefully measured exposure as you barely cover yourself up as the frog boat approaches closer, the Frog People on board staring transfixed at your antics, the goods on display sufficiently recognizable to cross the visual language barrier. They start conferring with each other in their croaking language, a particularly large one holding the oars stealing glances at you, eyes swiveling as he gulps.

They take turns in asking you halting, awkward questions, and you respond with sweeping gestures and endearingly distressed noises (you don't bother coming up with actual words), making a show of barely holding together the fleeting remains of your modesty. You think you arrive at some measure of primitive dialogue by the end of it, or at least you think you do, as the really large frog makes a little room on the boat, looking at you with a toothless open mouth that it takes you a moment to recognize as the frog version of an enthused grin while the others croak and gesture at you, then at the capsule, probably quite interested in what it might be but not at all able to articulate how exactly.

Darn. Well, since we're waiting for the frog people to arrive anyway, use this time to calm down and stop being delirious.

[Mind: 10-1]

You'd love not being delirious, but to be honest it's not like you get a conscious say in the matter as the room spins about, your vision darkens at random intervals and you see faces of the people you once knew swim around the conical ceiling of the pod, the feeling of space cockroaches nipping at you on the floor failing to leave you.

You think you've spent too much time in here, and so you decide to clamber on out past the good doctor and rest your carcass on the side of the capsule, hanging on the side as you suck air and try to not lose it or at least lose it at a manageable pace.

Wound Changed: Delirious -> Weak

Help Eccentrica with hailing the ship

You feel like Eccentrica doesn't really need any help in getting the attention of these Frog People, as the boat gets ever closer and the half a dozen crew gape at her peculiar, shapely form.

[Mind: 9-1]

You observe as she manages through a series of hoots and other noises you didn't know she could make to successfully negotiate a spot for herself on the boat straight out of here right next to the very largest of the frog sailors, and it's about at the point when some of the others start to get a better sense of the capsule that you get the feeling that they're not necessarily committed to bringing any of you along at this point, though the capsule definitely seems like something they'd love to get their grubby froggy hands on.

Hold on to my net, but don't do anything with it quite yet. Try to get a better look at the approaching frog people.

[Mind: 12+1]

You poke your head slowly out the hatch as the goings-on evolve up top, and examine the Frog People, scanning them with a predatory precision, sizing them up.

Hm. They seem to be about what you'd expect of the natives - metal knives and swords, rather colorful clothing optimized for lightness so that they can leap and swim with little difficulty. As they speak, you spot the glint of a heavy metal stud in some of their tongues, less of an aesthetic element and more of a weighting measure. They speak enthusiastically among themselves in one of their frog languages - you pick up light influences of Simple Galactic for certain things like the capsule when they finally manage to take their eyes off Eccentrica long enough to look at the rest of this seaborne loot they've found.

Your eyes are also drawn to some of the things in their possession. The largest of them has half of a set of binoculars, broken in half to make for two looking glasses, and their knives appear to be made of worked circuit boards, sharp as all hell, and a number of other technological odds and ends adorn each of them as minor decorations - a bit of high-grade glass here, some unconventional plastics there. These seem to be rather prestigious sea trawlers, you would guess. The large one in particular is probably important.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2016, 02:46:04 pm »

Use that silk rope that another member of the team made to tie the capsule to the frog's boat for towing. Tell Eccentrica what I'm doing so that she can communicate it to the frog people.

Are we using d10s or d12s?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2016, 03:06:48 pm »

Are we using d10s or d12s?

//OP says it's a D12, but personally I think he's lying and it's actually a D13. Clever bastard.

Eccentrica made several plaintive gestures towards the other members of the crew, particularly the one with the plasma machete. She was a look, but don't touch, kind of girl, and there was a fine line you had to walk in this game. Still, she'd definitely go with the big guy. It made things a lot easier to have the big boss eyeing you like that. Unless he had a wife. In which case it made things interesting.

Try to get the other members of the crew invited, or at least OK'd to bind the boats together, but go with the chief regardless.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:08:38 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2016, 03:29:23 pm »

Just relax for now. Go with the flow. All will be just fine.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2016, 03:32:16 pm »

Try to look nice or something. Play along with Eccentrica.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2016, 03:39:30 pm »

Stand around and watch how the other interact with the Frog People. If they get allowed aboard the Frog boat, follow them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12