Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Assymetric or Symmetric Updates? (Theoretical/Opinion poll - not acting immediately on results)

Assymetric (Small actions get responded to individually; large updates with mana income + large actions, etc.)
- 7 (87.5%)
Symmetric (Any and all actions are only responded to in large updates after everyone posts their action)
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Humble Gods [6/6] - U2.1: The First  (Read 4998 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Gods [6/6] - U1: Sparks
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2016, 08:55:51 pm »

"Hello, mortal! I am xfjnvsvdkjvn, the god of change! I heard that you're feeling a little bored, so I've come to add a little more spice to your life! Behold my magnificent powers!"
[Source of Random Effect Roll: 1d4: Metamorphica]
[Random Mutation Roll: 1d1000: 39: Crest]
[Type of Crest: 1d6: 6: Scales]
sfvnsvdvelgvn gives this guy a crest.

"There's more where that came from if you worship me! Future mutations will probably be more beneficial than that one, of course."

Description of the crest mutation: "This mutant has a crest on top of its head, made of rigid flesh, bone, cartilage, feathers, horn, scales, or other material."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2016, 09:02:35 pm »

((I voted for asymmetric updates only because we should be able to talk and plan things with our followers before committing to a course of action.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2016, 10:05:25 pm »

Whisper to the mortal: The sea gives, and the sea takes. Such is the tides of life. Yet worry not, I have seen your strife and come to aid you. Take several pearls from the nearby ocean and make them glow with my mana. Give them to the mother. Take these pearls back to your people and tell them what you've heard today. Have your people pray to me and I will return your village to prosperity.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2016, 10:34:27 pm »

Whisper to the mortal: The sea gives, and the sea takes. Such is the tides of life. Yet worry not, I have seen your strife and come to aid you. Take several pearls from the nearby ocean and make them glow with my mana. Give them to the mother. Take these pearls back to your people and tell them what you've heard today. Have your people pray to me and I will return your village to prosperity.
Psst. You might need to tell her who/what you are. "A glowing ball of light" isn't much to go on.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Gods [6/6] - U1.1: Sparks
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2016, 10:53:39 pm »

Polaris
-1 mu: Divine Telepathy x1
"I-I, yes! If it means freedom for the others and myself, I'd be your faithful servant! Please, tell me what I can do!"
Polaris gained 1 Strong follower; +1 mu income gained.

Tyr Loknar
-2 mu: Divine Telepathy x2
"I've had enough of your lies. You've been nothing but a pest - a plague - on this castle as long as I can remember."
"I swear, brother! I'm simply telling the truth, and nothing more!"
"Enough is enough."
Tyr Loknar can sense an extreme outrage swell up in the king as he approaches his brother, unsheathing his sword.

Rouragan
-1 mu: Divine Telepathy x1
-1 mu: Divine Manipulation x1
-1 mu: Mana Infusion x1

The woman is taken aback by the gloating pearls approaching her. She looks up into the sky.
"The sea took my life and my son away. He can't come back. I want the best for my town, so I will tell them of you, but pearls don't return him."
Rouragan gained: 1 half-devoted Strong follower. +0.5 mu income gained.

Poll was of course to help me decide if asymmetrical updates were "fair". I was already leaning towards Assymetric, but I've decided now; talking and other small actions will qualify for minor updates between the actual updates. Most things won't change between updates other than the occasional gained follower.
And there will also be a limit of 1 minor update per person. As well as more consequences happening in the large updates. And don't worry if you don't want to try and min/max by always talking then doing an action: I'll ultimately try and keep the effects of minor and major updates balanced.

If you think it's unfair, please do PM me.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2016, 10:59:05 pm »

<Think of the slavers.  What can we do with the least effort to destabilize them?  Where are their weak points?  How do they keep you here?  Simply, think of everything you know of these slavers.  Knowledge is a power all its own, one which I am lacking in as of yet.

What is your name?>

Polaris is looking for least-effort ways to pit the slavers against themselves.

((I'd just like to point out that conversations are hard to do with just one update.))
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 11:01:22 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2016, 11:12:58 pm »

Polaris - Conversation
"My name is Elizabeth. But I really don't know much about the slavers..."
"They're just regular humans. I was taken as a slave two years ago; when my village was raided. As far as I know they just use us as labor for goods to sell."
She seems to realize that she's not actively working as she thinks, and takes a second to make herself appear busy.
"I really don't know much else; they have some kind of pub or tavern at the camp that the ones that aren't working meet at? I don't think I know anything else. I am sorry."

Fine.
New 100% final rules:
1.) Major update. Big things happen.
2.) Minor update. Conversation things happen, some small effects can happen.
3.) Conversation - Absolutely no effective changes until next actual update.

It's not complicated at all. I don't know what you're talking about. Major update is like a regular FG update. Minor updates are basically just conversation but with some possible effects. And conversation is standard RP-like conversation.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 11:49:01 pm by Chiefwaffles »
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2016, 07:25:53 am »

Oh my. . .

((Speaking to the brothers now))

To the king:
If you kill him, you'll never know for sure. . .

To the brother:
Stay calm. . . He only suspects you. . . He doesn't truly know. . .
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2016, 08:19:07 am »

<It is not a failing, Elizabeth.

Do slaves work in the tavern?>
Sigtext

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2016, 06:04:19 pm »

Polaris - Conversation
"I think some slaves work there, but I don't believe enough slaves to fully man the tavern?"

Tyr Loknar - Conversation
((I deducted the divine telepathy cost because I saw that as equivalent to encouragement.))
-2 mu: Divine Telepathy x2

"What? What was that? Barith, what trickery is this?!"
"Whatever you're talking about, I haven't done it!"

"Whoever you are, can't you show yourself if you intend to help me? My brother is going to kill me!"

Italic speech = thought, by the way.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 06:44:57 pm by Chiefwaffles »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2016, 06:23:57 pm »

Search out other members of the coastal village.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2016, 06:33:33 pm »

((Hmm, I seem to have worked my way into a corner. I was hoping to resolve this without actually picking a side, seeing as they are both within my realm of influence, but I suppose I should have known that this was inevitable))

I suppose action will be necessary. . .

Tyr reveals himself to the brothers as a vague humanoid figure made of dark purple smoke with reddish-purple eyes.

"Enough! I am Tyr, the Secretkeeper! I have lead you both to this, the Balance of secrets. You, the King who suspects his brother of bedding thine wife; and you, who has sinned and wishes to remain hidden! I am intrigued by the pair of you, and wish you to do as I ask. You," he beckons to the King,You will endeavor to uncover the secrets which threaten to endanger the people, and put an end to them. And you,he turns to the brother, you will search the land for forbidden knowledge, and hide it away, so that mankind can never find them again.

I must depart your presence now, for I grow weak. I would implore you, spread my teachings, so that I may regain my strength, and grant the faithful the boons they deserve. . .

As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2016, 10:32:04 pm »

<I do not know the extent of my reach, Elizabeth.  I may be bound to you, or to here.  If the former, which I will test in a moment, I may need your help to get within the slavers' sanctum and disrupt them.  I will stay with you after I have tested this.  Please do not let on about me unless you are sure the other can be trusted, and sure you can trust your trust of them.  The time will come, but not yet.>

Polaris methodically tests their limits re:moving about, without spending any mana, and always keeping in mind Elizabeth's position to return to.
Sigtext

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2016, 02:42:22 pm »

Sorry about being inactive! I thought there were too many other guys for me to get in. I'll post a sheet/action once I read up.

EDIT:
Spoiler: Otigee (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:02:21 pm by Felissan »
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2016, 07:12:10 pm »

I Send a message to the Prisoner...
I Will Free you, If you Agree to worship me.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5