Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Assymetric or Symmetric Updates? (Theoretical/Opinion poll - not acting immediately on results)

Assymetric (Small actions get responded to individually; large updates with mana income + large actions, etc.)
- 7 (87.5%)
Symmetric (Any and all actions are only responded to in large updates after everyone posts their action)
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Humble Gods [6/6] - U2.1: The First  (Read 4995 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Gods [6/6] - U2: The First
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2016, 07:29:13 pm »

Update 2: The First
First day

Tyr Loknar
Divine Mana: 2/10 mu
-5 mu: 1x Divine Manifestation
+1 mu: Followers
((Just FYI: Your instructions are a bit too grand - updates are done by days, the instructions would unlikely be able to be filled out without any aid if they had enough time, and you'd be relatively hard-pressed to gain more followers with just your mana. I'm not telling you how exactly to play, but I suggest keeping actions to a more day-by-day basis.))

Tyr finds keeping his form to be extremely hard using such small amounts of mana to bind it together. He's able to deliver his message, but not before losing control of the binding mana and witnessing the manifestation collapse into nothingness.
"Bah! I see no reason to follow a god protecting my pitiful brother. But as much as I look down at you, Tyr, I'll leave my brother unharmed." Says the king as he leaves the room, sheathing his sword.
After Barith observes the door shutting, he looks around before his gaze settles on where Tyr's manifestation used to be present.
"I am ever thankful to you, Tyr, the Secretkeeper! I promise to uphold your name, but I'm afraid I'm not proficient at the art of persuasion. You saw how it went with my brother - I doubt I could ever get anyone to follow you.

Spoiler: Tyr Loknar (click to show/hide)

Rouragan
Divine Mana: 7.5/10 mu
+0.5 mu: Followers

The god Rouragan shifted their gaze to the ruins of the village close by. They could observe the dreary mortals walking about, salvaging materials, repairing, and rebuilding. Rouragan could sense somewhere over 20 mortals inhabiting the village. But the ruins of housing point to a larger population before the storm. Each individual appears to be greatly depressed, each mourning the loss of something, and most of the time multiple things.

Spoiler: Rouragan (click to show/hide)

RNG
Divine Mana: 2/10 mu
-8 mu: 1x Simple Transformation
-1 mu: 1x Divine Telepathy
+1 mu: Followers

The god channeled their mana precisely into the head of the man. With enough manipulation, scales started to form from the almost-bubbling skin, forming a small crest. The man noticed this immediately and yelled out in pain.
After hearing the god's words, he started feeling his new crest, and smiled.
"...Thank you. Thank you! I'll worship you to the end of time! You're not like other gods!"
Unaware of the god able to sense his thoughts, he said to himself, "This is going to be amazing.

Spoiler: RNG (click to show/hide)

Polaris
Divine Mana: 10/10 mu

After conversing with their follower, Polaris easily moved their gaze throughout the slaving camp. While they could feel some tension, it was effortless to break without the use of actual energy. The thought of gazing far away did seem tiring, however. But Polaris didn't deem it necessary to do so. They could certainly "scout out" the entire slaver camp without breaking a sweat, and that was all the god needed.

Spoiler: Polaris (click to show/hide)

Cazartanzatreenkaquint
Divine Mana: 9/10 mu
-1 mu: 1x Divine Telepathy

Caz delved into the mind, and with a small effort, introduced their own voice into the prisoner's head.
"I'm finished with these uncaring gods. If you cared, you would have done something by now. And as far as I see, I'm still in chains."

Otigee
Divine Mana: 15/10 mu
A beggar walks through the alleyways of a town, gazing at the night sky. He never did accept his fate - reduced to being nothing but a poor beggar. He always hoped for more from life, but never got an opportunity. But today, that changed. For whatever reason, a small gemstone fell in front of the beggar. He never would learn where it came from; maybe the roof, maybe thrown, maybe some heavenly intervention. Regardless, the beggar recognized something. He recognized an opportunity - an opportunity to finally become someone.
Otigee, floating right beside him, could feel this emotion radiating off of him.

Players:
Spoiler: S34N1C - Tyr Loknar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Roboson - Rouragan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Felissan - Otigee (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ATHATH - RNG (click to show/hide)

IC time is a bit of an issue due to the whole "MP" thing. So starting after this update, all major updates will progress time by a day A major update represents a whole day - meaning that individual gods' actions can take place at different times during the day unless some are directly interacting. I've still applied mana income, though. Also, I'm fine with queuing actions - you don't have to only do one action per major update.
I'm thinking every _th update could be a month passing, however. Or maybe it could be voted on unanimously. But I'll cross that road once initial micromanaging stuff is done.

Two: If you want to label your actions "minor/major", feel free too, but I'm still the ultimate decider of what actions go on what updates and when.

Three, re: Felissan's character/inactivity: No problem. While it's likely actually nothing, I've given you 5 extra mana to make up for starting a turn late.

Four: Let me know when you find my inevitable mistake somewhere in this update, please.

And departing comment: Please PM me if you have any kind of question regarding mana costs for a theoretical action, mechanics, etc...
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2016, 07:38:05 pm »

I Channel my Energy into Setting one or two of his Capters Hair/hats/Heads (in order of preference) on fire.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2016, 07:40:45 pm »

<Can you tell me anything about the particular slavers?>

Inspect the tavern, and the slavers.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2016, 08:04:46 pm »

Rouragan: Seek out the leader of the village via observation. If the leader has died, seek out the most leaderlike of the survivors. If it isn't the mother I already talked to, whisper to them: A great storm has wrongfully destroyed your village. It has take from you much, and returned nothing. This unbalance has drawn me out of the ocean. I am Rouragan, a god of the sea. While I cannot return what the winds have taken from you, I will do my best to aid your village. I am truly sorry for your loss, and will do what I can to help right this wrong.

Speak to the mother (if free): The great winds have taken your son and this village from you and tossed them into the ocean. This has angered and saddened the ocean. This is what lead me here. There is nothing I can do to undo what has been done, but I come to do what can be done. Please, tell me how you'd have me aid this village.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:29:37 pm by Roboson »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2016, 08:23:41 pm »

Oh,I'm gonna smite that king so hard when I get stronger. He'll regret spurning my embrace

Now then, let's find someone new to entice

Take my servant and find someone with a secret to hide.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 09:47:07 am by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2016, 08:27:48 pm »

Do I get some mu for bringing more chaos into the world?

"Just give me a call the next time you need some change. I need a cooldown period between chaotic bursts, so try not to spam your ability to call upon me. Bye!"

Fly away through the ceiling (intangibly, of course). Search for some animals that I can easily mutate into rampaging monsters.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 10:25:28 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2016, 08:45:11 pm »

This is just purely an informative post - no actual update-related stuff here.
Topic number one is seeking new followers. Now, I'm not one who likes to railroad people so this is really just a suggestion. The starting events/callings are fairly unique in that each god happened to be drawn to the one place where they could sense the most "need" for themselves.
So people anywhere on the same continent will likely not present as easy or fruitful opportunities as the ones presented in U1. There's still situations nearby you could probably participate in, but it's not going to be anywhere near as effective as the ones just encountered.

What I'm saying is that you're not going to have too much luck finding new followers just by yourself - keep in mind that most of you have a strong (which is fairly rare) follower by now. That you can communicate with for free.
Hint, hint. (But once again, you can definitely still progress through looking yourself - I just believe that pursuing your goal via other methods would be more conductive to gameplay).

Number two is a response to S34N1C:
Yup. You already got one point of MU this update and your followers are tracked in the spoiler in your "section" of the update.

And finally, a response to ATHATH:
Nope. Sorry. Think of MU as basically "life"(/other fantasy hand-wavey thing) energy given to you by other beings. You can gain MU through ways other than them simply worshipping you, but they all come from other beings. For the most part, but the alternative methods are fairly "secret"-ish (not a plot-kind of secret, really), are rarer and less effective, and aren't relevant now or maybe ever.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2016, 09:53:59 pm »

Well, I don't really just want to sit around and wait for my mu to recharge, so I figured that I should try to do something productive (i.e. scope out the town, look for things that I can easily mutate into rampaging monsters so that my follower will look like a hero when he defeats them, etc.).

Do I get an mu-cost reduction on actions that I've done before? Waiting around for 8 turns or so (at least until I get more followers) before I can randomly mutate/cast a spell on something is going to be a bit boring.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2016, 10:50:07 am »

You're not likely going to find anyone who desires change as much as your current follower. And you can convert people to your cause while being conservative with mana using your follower. And as for waiting/cost reductions: Cost reductions aren't going to happen, but as you expand you'll also greatly expand your mana storage and income.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Gods [6/6] - U2.1: The First
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2016, 09:45:53 pm »

Polaris
Polaris moved their divine view to the tavern while maintaining a connection with Elizabeth. While they searched the area for the tavern, they heard Elizabeth intently thinking.
"I believe they take slaves purely for working at their camp - I haven't heard of any others being sold away. I saw homes torched and looted in their raid that took me. Slaves like me weren't their primary goal."
At the tavern, Polaris could see a handful of slaves acting as serving staff at the tavern, while more bandits were behind the tables. The tavern was packed with carefree bandits, appearing to have just come from some kind of raid or operation.

Rouragan
The mother, upon once again hearing Rouragan's heavenly voice in their head, sighed, and said to the sky once more:
"...Fine. I believe that you can prevent this from happening again. For the rest of my people. I can tell them of you, but I wish to know your name."
I'm not certain how you could help my village, but you're a god, so surely it can't be complicated? There's not many left, and we barely have roofs over our heads, let alone food."

Since it seems I didn't make it obvious, I want to reconfirm that talking to followers is completely free.
And if I don't include someone's action in a minor update (and haven't mentioned it otherwise), it means I deemed that action not minor-enough.

Last comment: Regarding workload, this has been fairly more tasking than I expected. It's completely of my own doing, but this turned out to be less casual than expected - I was originally planning on keeping things more impersonal like starting it off with "You have a single follower located in the town. What now?" and doing it in a more simple almost RTD-like format. But this works too.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2016, 10:25:40 pm »

Action edited.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2016, 09:11:27 pm »

Bump
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2016, 11:54:58 pm »

Right now there aren't any actions applicable for a non-major update, and there's still one more person who needs to post their action before said major update.
(S34N1C, your action is just you talking, but there's not really anything for them to respond - your orders are basically the major action)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2016, 12:00:40 am »

<Hm.>

Trip a bandit with another bandit.  Let's see if we can get a nice tavern brawl going.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2016, 09:47:25 am »

Edited

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5