Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106893 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

But I'd prefer Plan B: not die.
Oh that's sigged.

Right DH let's fight our way to the bridge then, lock the door, and then vent every other fucker into space.
FTL: Benny Hill Music Edition

EDIT: I forgot to note my amusement at Khate being 'Daughter of the Rifle' as an attmpted translation of 'Gunpuppy'. This seems to imply Sadish is 'Lightbringer' as an attempted translation of 'Restless', since you can't sleep with light around.

If so, this raises questions for Aubrey and Kesari, since the former has no nickname and the latter's nicknames are just abbreviations and slight twistings (akin, I imagine, to Robert->Bob or Richard->Dick style conversions).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 08:48:13 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

EDIT: I forgot to note my amusement at Khate being 'Daughter of the Rifle' as an attmpted translation of 'Gunpuppy'. This seems to imply Sadish is 'Lightbringer' as an attempted translation of 'Restless', since you can't sleep with light around.

If so, this raises questions for Aubrey and Kesari, since the former has no nickname and the latter's nicknames are just abbreviations and slight twistings (akin, I imagine, to Robert->Bob or Richard->Dick style conversions).
I wonder how they envisioned the rest of us given the names seem more like themes that are consistent with our personalities, traits, or characteristics. Like, Lightbringer is comparative to knowledge, as these folks have been...pretty much downcast and otherwise, and she WAS as I assume the first they found 'hey our Gods are okay with us :D [/but I'm still anxious]'

Khate is a very awesome gunpuppy (gunslinger but for doggos? :P), and I'd rather just say that that 'laundry prison room' is less torture and otherwise and more 'just seemingly torture but for better stuff' as Khate doesn't really seem the evil/malicious type. More like a punk girl. X3

Also FINALLY making my post now. Would really like update by Draig but I believe all I've asked is plausible. :-[ :-\
Sorry for my lacking posts lately.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Also FINALLY making my post now.

Did you?

;)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also FINALLY making my post now.

Did you?

;)
I was silently waiting on Draig confirmations but I did nao ._.

Thanks for the kindness, La, and sorry Draig/others for the hold-up x.x I'm sick and currently having bad connection once more, but not bad enough to destabilize me from playing.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:33:48 am by Tiruin »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

'Nah, I've been part of the hold-up. Life is rather exhausting at the moment, and I keep spending my writing time on other projects.

DH, Law: So, are you just going to try and bypass the newly shrunk cleaner and King-Kong jump your way up to the hole in the ceiling of the cargo hold?

For scale reference, think the cargo hold of the Firefly, top to bottom.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DH, Law: So, are you just going to try and bypass the newly shrunk cleaner and King-Kong jump your way up to the hole in the ceiling of the cargo hold?
Blow it up dudes, or at least find a way to attack it--an organic creature without eyes has some other method of sensing its surroundings; vibrations and otherwise, or heat signatures, I'm fairly sure that if you hold it off in ONE possibility, and post-bore, I can finally reconnect with you with good signal reception and see what's going on, sense that "Cleaner" through a quick scan, and pinpoint a way for you to take it down or raid the Nosoi.

But that quickturn may be nice, because there's only one (I'm using Irony's map) way into the Nosoi... .-.;

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

That is an amazing message backlog.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

I wrote those notes myself. :P Sadish believes caps lock is cruise control for cool.

Edit: Also totally not a typo Sadish keeps switching between calling it 'animation amber' and 'preservation amber'.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 12:50:04 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wrote those notes myself. :P Sadish believes caps lock is cruise control for cool.

Edit: Also totally not a typo Sadish keeps switching between calling it 'animation amber' and 'preservation amber'.
Sadish writes at a degree to her size, because she's larger than everyone on board due to her being a Fin, so what we're seeing is actually just size 72 words rather than the common size 24. :P

Also now I look sillier with my vocal comms through Scarlet to Varky. :-[

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

That is an amazing message backlog.

yes it is, damn

The cargo hold of the what?

Er, are we just what? Erm, yes? Or more probably no.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The cargo hold of the what?

Er, are we just what? Erm, yes? Or more probably no.
You're still in the bowels of a pretty big freighter which is now messier with a ton of body-bits splattered around. :P
So I'm guessing you both secretly have magnetic boots to stick to the ceilings, which is pretty cool as I don't think that's standard issue.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah yes well I imagined there was some way up. How the hell did these people we brutally murdered just now get down here? Could they all fly? Were they at zero G? Trying to reverse-engineer their tech from their bits might be a bit tricky.

I'm not sure how to proceed here. Throw the explosives at the airlock, hope they are enough to hurt the Nosoi from the outside, somehow find an escape on this freighter? Construct stairs from the body parts of our victims and proceed as before? Blow a hole in the wall, hold our breath really well, and swim back to the Nosoi?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is not an obvious way up to the hole in the ceiling.  Behind you is the bridge/crew quarters/etc. Above you is the Nosoi. Around you is cargo. Ahead of you is engineering and the reactor.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I came up with a new plan! Detonate the explosives beneath us, and use the explosive force to propel ourselves up into the airlock! It's genius!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm crying slightly inside.
---
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 71