Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106803 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I'm crying slightly inside.
Does this mean you are laughing or mourning something equally important as the emotion? :O
Please don't cry inside, there's no way we can wipe away your tears! :(

I came up with a new plan! Detonate the explosives beneath us, and use the explosive force to propel ourselves up into the airlock! It's genius!
That will kill you! D:
And blow up the ship.
And depressurize the internal atmosphere enough to jolt the Nosoi since it's pretty small and its mass is a lot lesser than the freighter underne-

...Why don't you depressurize the ship and lock yourselves into a smaller area! Climb out due to the ventilation through a freighter being 'pretty much great', then magnetically boot your way across the hull to the Nosoi! :3 The pressurization, given the force of the explosives, would probably affect the Nosoi's bore trajectory and mess it up, maybe even spending its power to maneuvering thrusters back to stability!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:05:00 pm by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Distract Cleaner with delicious bobbleheads, stack crates into Stairway to Brutal Death Freedom?

Really I just want to mess with and study the Cleaner in general. You'd never guess I engineered this confrontation in general and cheered on this situation specifically.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I have consumed too much blue cheese and black beer to come up with a solution. I will try tomorrow.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Well, let's see...

The Cleaner appears to have recovered, so you probably can't do a lot without stunning it again.

It's indiscriminate, so you might be able to buy time hurling debris at it. Whether this would make it larger, more sluggish, if it's smart enough to only eat living allies and not crates of tourist fodder, is all up in the air.

It's probably dumb as a rock, so you can probably lure or otherwise attempt to play it without much incident. I suspect it's too dumb to properly trick, but getting it to favor attacking one of you over the other is probably a simple matter of proximity, for instance.

It has no visible eyes, is covered in a metal shell, and is made entirely of goop. Almost assuredly this thing sees through electromagnetic fields or some other such nonsense. Or its whole body is an optical/chemical/auditory sensor in addition to being resilient murdergoo, in which case external screaming intensifies. But more likely you can blind or lure it with the right electronic fuckery, such as might be found in the ship's engineering or reactor.

Since it scours everything it touches, it probably doesn't have a very good grip, which raises the feasibility of just venting the thing. Also synergizes with presumed dumb-ness in luring/lack of creativity once the suction starts. How bad a grip is up for debate, unfortunately.

We're not sure how the thing handles sturdy materials, like locked ship doors. It might just bore through them, but I suspect it's a little more discriminating to avoid eating the whole ship it's turned loose on. It might ignore them, it quite likely slithers through air ducts looking for delicious meats. Nonetheless, I'd give just running through and shutting a door much better success rates than against more intelligent foes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

I'm currently debating over whether Scarlet should pull out her space cell phone and play some space music that the space whale would have played for the space mantis

i've been watching dbza
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's probably dumb as a rock, so you can probably lure or otherwise attempt to play it without much incident. I suspect it's too dumb to properly trick, but getting it to favor attacking one of you over the other is probably a simple matter of proximity, for instance.
It's like a literal high-tech version of a killything. Something that mashes the 'attack' button at the nearest enemy.

Probably going with Irony's 'unorthodox sensations' kind of sensing, and I bet it's by some kind of vibration or otherwise.

Also please just vent it. If you've magnetic boots, all you've to worry about is the pressurizing, and both Boris and Aubrey are in fully enclosed suits, right?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also please just vent it. If you've magnetic boots, all you've to worry about is the pressurizing, and both Boris and Aubrey are in fully enclosed suits, right?

I'm fairly sure we've been over this. I don't know about magboots, but I'm pretty sure neither of us has any kind of vacuum-proof suit. Boris certainly doesn't.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Nor Aubrey

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Draig! I've just noticed how inefficient what I did for those character links are D:
I've instead relinked it to the posts in this thread rather than an external website. Here are the links for your easy editing. Sorry for that! I've learned about hindsight more, now x.x

Code: [Select]
Crew list, compressed courtesy of Tiruin.

[center][size=14pt][b][font=georgia]The Mercies[/font][/b][/size][/center]
[b]Current Crew:[/b][b]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160871.msg7195942#msg7195942]Digital Hellhound | Boris Mundus, the Scavenger King of Strenger (Human)[/url]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160871.msg7196223#msg7196223]lawastooshort | Ms Aubrey Brakhadakh (Neo-Crow)[/url]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160871.msg7196250#msg7196250]Dwarmin | Sadish (Neo-Dolphin)[/url]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160871.msg7196989#msg7196989]KingMurdoc | Scarlet (Human)[/url]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160871.msg7197492;topicseen#msg7197492]Tiruin | Kesari Alessaei (Neo-Dog)[/url]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160871.msg7197929#msg7197929]IronyOwl | Khate "Gunpuppy" Rhigg; Happiest Bounty Hunter (Neo-Dog)[/url]
[/b]

[b]Potential Characters[/b]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160871.msg7195897#msg7195897]DigitalDemon | Tsekia Nauto (Neo-Crow)[/url]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160871.msg7196353;topicseen#msg7196353]Harry Baldman | Giuseppe Della Casagrande (Human)[/url]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160871.msg7198576#msg7198576]Cinder | Cari Nar Lys (Neo-Cat)[/url]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160871.msg7197079;topicseen#msg7197079]Pencil_Art | Feral Hops (Human)[/url]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160871.msg7195681#msg7195681]TheBiggerFish | Senna Theremis (Human)[/url]

[center][size=14pt][b][font=georgia]The Ship[/font][/b][/size][/center]
[b]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160871.msg7199546;topicseen#msg7199546]Ship: "HMS Merciful Reunion" | Converted Solar Orbital Resort and Spa[/url]
[/b]

Nor Aubrey
So I guess the current plan is 'take cover and live' because I do bet that Draig can provide awesome flavor to cinematic quality (like barring a few second timing of 'holding those doors' against a ravenous blob shredder beast); take cover until the Nosoi and its freighter (which won't blow up now) bores in, and await me establishing contact with you again.

Preferably also try to disrupt the power grid of the Nosoi. Patch yourself into the ship system, Aubrey, while Boris takes...err, all the attention of the blobbity Cleaner! D:

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

it occurs to me, i never asked what we were using for mobile comms; is it safe to assume that they're basically cell phones but IN SPAAAAACE? Hell, would they still be called cell phones even if they worked off of some entirely different system of communication simply out of linguistic inertia?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it occurs to me, i never asked what we were using for mobile comms; is it safe to assume that they're basically cell phones but IN SPAAAAACE? Hell, would they still be called cell phones even if they worked off of some entirely different system of communication simply out of linguistic inertia?
That's for Draig to mention, but given what you're sensing in the science lab--all it takes is either you to sing yourself, or to send me a message about playing some rather soothing music. :3

I feel like those comms are anything futuristic or at least XCOM-level technology that it lets us both view things through others' situations, at least given the Reunion's command and control center (given that we can sense both visually and...err, detect a lot as if 'we're present' in playing XCOM that isn't visible as cameras or otherwise on the soldiers)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not leaving this mission without blowing something up, damnit! The two bad guys were only partly my doing, and the Cleaner refused to explode completely. Freighter it is. The hope here being that blowing up the freighter will also hurt the attached Nosoi.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not leaving this mission without blowing something up, damnit! The two bad guys were only partly my doing, and the Cleaner refused to explode completely. Freighter it is. The hope here being that blowing up the freighter will also hurt the attached Nosoi.
"Boris, you can blow something up when you're not in its radius of 'being affected'. Get in one of its shielded storerooms or anyplace you can use your environment and stay safe.

"You'll have your explosions for later. [:D]"

B-but yeah. We can't stop it boring in, BUT Aubrey being on board can help hack into their weapon systems or at least make a flux in the power, even probably make it continuous! :3
And you could lead that Cleaner to the airlock, clamp down on something with your mining suit (do some hacking for it Aubrey?), and then have it woosh out.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

That's for Draig to mention, but given what you're sensing in the science lab--all it takes is either you to sing yourself, or to send me a message about playing some rather soothing music. :3

I feel like those comms are anything futuristic or at least XCOM-level technology that it lets us both view things through others' situations, at least given the Reunion's command and control center (given that we can sense both visually and...err, detect a lot as if 'we're present' in playing XCOM that isn't visible as cameras or otherwise on the soldiers)
THe plan was to play some music off my cellphone or something, I literally just got hung up on terminology :v
GM of Trespassers V2.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Right I have posted an action as good, and physically possible, as I can make it. Let's flee, brave brave brave brave King Boris.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71