Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106957 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Right, well I have added some Aubrey questions.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WE ARE DOING THIS*

*this being dying horribly because we're continuously biting off more than we can chew OH BOY

EDIT: Err, so how difficult is it getting to Ka's ship? I'm not sure how to picture the 'cradles' the ships are in, or if there are guards on the way?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 12:17:17 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Would it be sensible for Aubrey to come with King Boris? Perhaps we could have one of the two more fighty dudes fly back the Sled so we can both take on Ka's ship?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I'd definitely recommend storming Ka's ship in force just in case. It'll hopefully be unguarded, but Aubrey is probably best suited to pilot it and poorly suited to taking out stragglers.

Ty and Tagget can almost assuredly "pilot" a ship if you need them to.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Wow. It's 5:48am and...I just had a dream of the combination of Draig's tech and creativity, with the techline of Legend of Korra, in the timeline of AtlA. :I
At least I could manipulate water VERY, VERY WELL. :D
But goodness such a dream--I blame Draig for all of this D:<
It even had zombies [ok not really, but the vampire-esque not-Twilight type], and superheroes [or at least, people who manipulated energy and chi a lot]. >_>

But mostly the existence of individual bore jumpers versus mythological ghosts and drowned souls. :I And traversing the seas in submarines of polished iron and brass. And the skies with bombing airships and fire-ships. And earthbenders versus tech-manipulating archers.

Draignean! D:<
We BETTER do something well in this prologue or else I'm going to roll around in the Reunion and...and not wipe my feet on the "Welcome" doormat!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Right so let's let Ty and Tagget fly the Sled and the shuttle home, and Aubrey and Boris hopefully not die going a (ship's) bridge too far.

edit: I've edited the actions. I'm very sorry Draignean if I've just made a complete and unclear mess... but you get the idea?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 12:04:53 pm by lawastooshort »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right so let's let Ty and Tagget fly the Sled and the shuttle home, and Aubrey and Boris hopefully not die going a (ship's) bridge too far.

edit: I've edited the actions. I'm very sorry Draignean if I've just made a complete and unclear mess... but you get the idea?
I love how nobody tries to contact Kes because she has info on the ship, at least in general, and can focus the scanners to check it out since Ka-T is probably space taffy'ing right now to hang onto something and probably stick somewhere. :P
Hopefully he doesn't have an automatic 'get this ship to my position' encoder, because my AIDS is still ringing and I've made it a note in Kesari's current priority to 'forget' to make a quick-shutoff. So it'll be about a half-action to get that without any trace of our meddling.

Maybe time to enter the timeslip again with me on ship and my action :P

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I think because we've discussed at length in the OOC we've probably forgotten that extra detail...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think because we've discussed at length in the OOC we've probably forgotten that extra detail...
Don't worry about it c: I bet I'm in a timeslip again anyway :P
I mean Boris got there in one 'turn' so...cheers! :3

Since Kes' mentioned way back in the IC that she linked up your comms with the Reunion, she kinda knows what's going on if she noticed--so she's feeding the information to you while you go.

...Err, presuming that one action in the bunch. I'll edit that in, in a new post to try and scan and check around instead.

I feel like I'm overwhelming Draig's generosity with tons of actions :S

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

No one but Sadish has ever been in a timeslip. No. In general principle, I dislike them because they knot up my causality.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No one but Sadish has ever been in a timeslip. No. In general principle, I dislike them because they knot up my causality.
Can I assume or add my scanning actions to my action back there? :D

And!
Draig: Compared to the Reunion, what can you say about the Al-Loy security ship if it faced off against us?
If I missed any response back in the day about this.

Because I tried searching and can't find it. :-[ Want to run the Reunion in and bomb the ship.
Also! :O
Can we get a general location of us in the star system + relevant entities? I'm thinking in a model of -'s + tt tags. Like:

System Edge - - - - - - - - !!! - - - - - [Probably the System Sun/Center]
Reunion - - - - - - Flounder - - - - - - - - - -** - - Cloaked Ship

!!! and *** have alt-text; I can't see the underline due to being on Chrome. Mobile users won't see that dotted underline either.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I keep wanting to poke Draig but it'd feel hypocritical for certain reasons.

So instead I'll ask how Ka is going to explain losing not only the panther but possibly his ship to the superior(s) Mickaw implied he has.

"There must have been quite a number of them to overwhelm your forces."
"I... may have only ever seen three at a time, but one can assume."
"They must have had the finest equipment and training to best our operatives!"
"'Equipment' and 'training' might be strong words, but yes, clearly."
"Truly we face a deliberate and coordinated assault from cunning professionals deeply aware of our plans!"
"I am not... entirely certain they know the meaning of any of the words in that sentence."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

I literally just popped the turn out of my inbox to continue working on it. The guilt has admittedly been chewing at me.

EDIT: Ugh. By the power of the cheesemeister, we're getting there. I really should have done a couple little micro-turns right after the last one.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:12:07 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So instead I'll ask how Ka is going to explain losing not only the panther but possibly his ship to the superior(s) Mickaw implied he has.

"There must have been quite a number of them to overwhelm your forces."
"I... may have only ever seen three at a time, but one can assume."
"'Equipment' and 'training' might be strong words, but yes, clearly."
"Truly we face a deliberate and coordinated assault from cunning professionals deeply aware of our plans!"
"I am not... entirely certain they know the meaning of any of the words in that sentence."
I like how--given darkling format--the darkblue to purple bits seem to mean 'embarassment' and it jives with how it is the hardest to see in this forum format :P

I sorely wish to know how good our C&C area is, from "Civilian" to "Military" to "Alpha" :P

I literally just popped the turn out of my inbox to continue working on it. The guilt has admittedly been chewing at me.

EDIT: Ugh. By the power of the cheesemeister, we're getting there. I really should have done a couple little micro-turns right after the last one.
Goodness when I read your post, I felt a flashback of nostalgia as I did my game...sorry, it always keeps popping up whenever :-\
But big support to you. You're consistent (and have many obstacles from anxiety cleared \o/)

Also I remember that one response to a PM; thanks for the kindness c:

...if Ka-T doesn't have bore jumping powers, who will pick him up? Some poor ship wondering what this rainbow taffy is? :P
One can only imagine! (and then find out later through GM prologue-ish powers)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I am having some major gm guilt too... 10 weeks and counting...? :( Pretty excited at the idea of this game being resurrected though!!1!

(sorry should have waited till tomorrow for that)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 71