Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106928 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Haha I thougt you meant rescured.

I won't correct myself.

*Eyelid Twitch*

Homicidal urges aside...

There are two shuttles that quasi-belong to you guys. There's the Sled, and the one that you've borrowed from Mickaw's people. Neither one is really capable of fitting all your hostages, so you kind of need two pilots to get both shuttles out.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I was gonna mention they were leaving the Sled behind, but I thought they were already underway and it's a relatively small matter given the circumstances.

...how many shuttles are there that do not in any way belong to us?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Oh bother. Let's not leave any shuttle behind!

Also, tiredness is responsible for any typing errors. Not me.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, there are 10 craft currently docked at the Flounder. Two belong to you, one belongs to Ka, and one belongs to Vark.

All the other ships are small craft of varying size, probably having between 1-4 shuttles of their own apiece.

Surely you're not thinking of committing grand theft spaceship on your way out? Not after I just told Tiruin that the Reunion has enough space in the hangar to comfortably fit most of those vessels and run away with them, were they to mysteriously end up docked there. Truly, 'twould be scandalous.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure we want to take the time to steal each and every one of those ships. That might be, err, a little too much. Though stealing Ka's ship seems like an amazing final touch to this whole thing oh god let's do it
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure we want to take the time to steal each and every one of those ships. That might be, err, a little too much. Though stealing Ka's ship seems like an amazing final touch to this whole thing oh god let's do it

I know, but it's my job to make really bad ideas seem attractive.

Also, Ka's ship is in the cradle directly adjacent to the sled- hence the patrolling guards.
---

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Okay, well, we need to edit actions to at least pilot two ships out of there to fit all the rescuees on board, if I understand?

Would King Boris like to steal Ka tuean's ship? There might be... countermeasures?

But it would be fun.

Perhaps one of the hostages can fly the Sled back while we steal it together?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Well, there are 10 craft currently docked at the Flounder. Two belong to you, one belongs to Ka, and one belongs to Vark.

All the other ships are small craft of varying size, probably having between 1-4 shuttles of their own apiece.

Surely you're not thinking of committing grand theft spaceship on your way out? Not after I just told Tiruin that the Reunion has enough space in the hangar to comfortably fit most of those vessels and run away with them, were they to mysteriously end up docked there. Truly, 'twould be scandalous.
Can...can you guys sabotage that one thing? ._.;

DO IT SO WE HAVE ESCAPE PODS IN THE FORM OF TINY SHIPS :D

Quick query.
DRAIGNEAN: IS THE BUYER'S SHIP, KA-T'S SHIP?
Because wow that one ship has a heck of a hold.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Buyer's vessel is a light transport, Ka's ship was riding piggy-back. So the flounder is linked to the little transport, which is then linked to Ka's ship.

---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are two shuttles that quasi-belong to you guys. There's the Sled, and the one that you've borrowed from Mickaw's people. Neither one is really capable of fitting all your hostages, so you kind of need two pilots to get both shuttles out.
...We lack pilots :I
A- oh!
Right!
We FORGOT THE SLED. :P

Ahah, when I read two shuttles that quasi-belong, I thought 'wait the second shuttle HAS A BOMB IN IT and is still on the Reunion.'

Buyer's vessel is a light transport, Ka's ship was riding piggy-back. So the flounder is linked to the little transport, which is then linked to Ka's ship.
Anyway I can bomb that? ._.

Also I do believe that if we initiate a mass escape--there WILL BE ONE SHIP to be firing at us. >_>
While I may be asking Draig for more tips on the Reunion (because I'm new to all this and being in the command center), surely there's a manual someone left behind or I can recall because of my forgetfulness on what I could possibly do .-.;

I'm wondering if we can reasonably infer that Ka-T's ship is riddled with worse things than Varky's. :P
Probably the virus being widespread--although it would be GOLD to hit it and notice that HE was the last defense. It'd also show a lack of foresight and an actual [possibly egoistic] thing about him. :P
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:30:36 pm by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Also, Ka's ship is in the cradle directly adjacent to the sled- hence the patrolling guards.
We're neighbors?

I'm not sure we can afford not to do this.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We're neighbors?

I'm not sure we can afford not to do this.
The double negatives make me thing you all want to do this. :P
Because...really, seeing that one rainbow line WAAAAY back in the thread and the time it took? I think we ARE neighbors, but they're that one docked ship neighbor far down the line, near the end.

I'm tempted to just drive the Reunion in and bomb that ship to pieces >_>
Can't have a taffy killing rainbow at you if they can't move!

[Cue a good story for sci-fi wherein a passing ship notices some taffy rainbow blob, ALA Dead Space, and then takes it in for 'salvage']
._.
Although this is why I did that one action in the IC. REALLY want to make sure if there's no dangers nearby. I haven't heard from the cloaked ship in ages.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:56:37 pm by Tiruin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Sooo... do we edit actions to steal ships, or not?

Either way, I have to edit Aubrey's action to make it clear that we also take the Sled back home.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I'm the one who got us into this mess so my opinion might be slightly suspect, but I'm personally in favor of stealing a number of ships equal to the number of people physically capable of navigating one back to the Reunion.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm the one who got us into this mess so my opinion might be slightly suspect, but I'm personally in favor of stealing a number of ships equal to the number of people physically capable of navigating one back to the Reunion.
I suggest a DO IT.
Of course fill the ships the away team is on with the most folks :3 The rest can pilot their way.

I mean I'm picturing a Star Wars I escapade but we're not exactly piloting royal fighters against a somehow relative base-reconfigured AA platform.

Just a cloaked ship which we've no idea are on our side--but cloaking tech usually indicates military value.
And they blew up a security ship. And they're in the middle of the system, the Flounder is in between them and us. And as far as I know, I haven't checked it lately but it was uncloaked o_O

Draig: Compared to the Reunion, what can you say about the Al-Loy security ship if it faced off against us?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 71