Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106869 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Ka is done with Scarlet and Vark may have dealt with Wilcox, so "Khate runs away and Ka follows" might be a semivalid plan.

But again, Vark complicates all this. Hopefully in a good way, but I suspect he's got eyes on Khate getting within melee range of our rainbow friend.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Ka is done with Scarlet and Vark may have dealt with Wilcox, so "Khate runs away and Ka follows" might be a semivalid plan.

But again, Vark complicates all this. Hopefully in a good way, but I suspect he's got eyes on Khate getting within melee range of our rainbow friend.
Tell Vark to get his kitty or somehow get the kitty yourself and arrange a meeting point--or tell him to contact us on the ship from his ship (basically tell him to scram to his ship and maybe even add a nice note on 'hey nice ship defense systems, I love the decor') :3

Sounds like a nice guy really. Aside from the really jaded tough cynical craziness.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Totally did not see your post in the IC thread. Sorry about that.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've read through the IC thread and the ONLY measure of suppression is in Sadish's knowledge of whatever those tentacles did to Scarlet. :I
@Dwarmin: Do we know of what you did with whatever you had?
Euuuuuuuh

Crikey

Um

So Scarlet needs to slice her arms off and we need to flee hard?

The only useful thing I can think of for Aubrey to do right now is keep up the interdiction of the interdiction from as far as possible and lock them all in.
All I need is a bore jump to anywhere near our Toriad Carrier's range. :P I can handle the re-entry bits.
I don't suppose Varkonius is kind enough to carry y'all on his ship? :D

...Actually I've been finding myself wondering 'how do we save people who have been EVA'd into space', and then wondering if I'm gleaning all the info as vivid as Khate and the rest are seeing things. So we can thoroughly inspect this regeneration filter more. I do suspect given Mickaw's words on it that there's some kind of attrition over time but that'll be disclosed later.

Now to get out :3
...And wonder if I know if Sadish has had anything about that, because planning to load a bomb with what she made and bore it in sounds like it could work too.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

@Dwarmin: Do we know of what you did with whatever you had?

That's an extremely vague question! Can you clarify? Whatever did I have that I would have you let you know what I have did with of with? :3

If you're talking about the Virus, I addressed the crew on the topic quite succinctly here.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160944.msg7236315;topicseen#msg7236315

I have probably made a shield that could defend against some airborne viral threats. But it probably wouldn't have defended against a physical attack by the John Carpenter monster anyway.

If Sadish was around, she would put Scarlet (and everyone else who came into contact with her) into strict quarantine outside the ship, not allowing them to possibly infect the ship until she was sure they were non-contagious.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"So once we enable the serial killer how do we stop him from murdering everyone and thing on board the station?"
*curious head tilt*
*nose pinching, deep sigh*
*grunt of approval*
*incoherent rage*

No problem!

So! How long would Kesari need to open a really precise bore exactly where we need it to suck a hostage ball into the Reunion as they're hurled screaming into the cold void? Does Aubrey (or anyone else) have any space propulsion options? What's the shelf life for hostage balls in space?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So once we enable the serial killer how do we stop him from murdering everyone and thing on board the station?"
*curious head tilt*
*grunt of approval*
*incoherent rage*

No problem!

So! How long would Kesari need to open a really precise bore exactly where we need it to suck a hostage ball into the Reunion as they're hurled screaming into the cold void? Does Aubrey (or anyone else) have any space propulsion options? What's the shelf life for hostage balls in space?

Well, the thing is it gets exponentially harder to open a bore the more distant you are. Unless Kesari can get control of something on-board, or attached to, the Flounder that get generate a bore of sufficient size, there's not much she can do.

You'd need some sort of suicidally insane engineer willing to completely violate a bore drive in order to do it if you couldn't manage it from your end.

The average hostage, after expelling their lungs of air, can survive for about 1 minute and 15 seconds in the cold vacuum of space. Granted, only 15 seconds of that is conscious, and it shortens to about 3 if they don't exhale fully.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:13:44 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Well, the thing is it gets exponentially harder to open a bore the more distant you are. Unless Kesari can get control of something on-board, or attached to, the Flounder that get generate a bore of sufficient size, there's not much she can do.
What are the odds/times on that and can Aubrey help from here? What if she was given more time to physically get to a more relevant area?

You'd need some sort of suicidally insane engineer willing to completely violate a bore drive in order to do it if you couldn't manage it from your end.
What would our escape options be once Boris had done that? Would the drive be completely shot or just... complicated?

The average hostage, after expelling their lungs of air, can survive for about 1 minute and 15 seconds in the cold vacuum of space. Granted, only 15 seconds of that is conscious, and it shortens to about 3 if they don't exhale fully.
It's almost like these squishy cupcakes didn't intend to get into a station-shredding firefight today.

Are Aubrey, Scarlet, and Tagget in the same boat or do they have some kind of don't-die-in-space gear?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*curious head tilt*
*grunt of approval*
*incoherent rage*

No problem!

This imagery just hit my thinking.
Aubrey, try to get a bore working your side--as our systems back on ship are linked into the communication (visual/audio), I think all Kes needs is a bore on YOUR side of any size near any space the ship is...because it was a carrier--it can sense oncoming projectiles and stuff; treating you/your people/ejected into space folks who won't die instantly because that's a scientific fact as projectiles could really work with the computer.
Just unsure about the radiation part Draig mentioned.
Another problem is 'making it marketing' or something ._. The only way I can find to subvert this eccentrism is to catalogue it as 'military transport testing' with some advertising.

I just hope my last action isn't too crazy with Draignean. I mean it is marketing right? :D

Oooh, and are we timeskipped in the future :3
I'd love to try negotiating TO GET A SHUTTLE from one of these crewdudes and shooting it in there.
Probably sending in a false flag that 'we signed up with Wilcox!' and 'this cloaked ship is hindering our comms!' and basically blaming everyone else for information as a reaction.

Obviously the same problem is getting the away team and other personnel into something space-worthy (even a container jettisoned by an outcoming explosion works!) and something to computer it there.
I just wish the Reunion's systems could search for any viable bore-generating device on station and communicate or use it >_> and as far as I know, I can't hail any nearby civilian vessel under standard emergency protocol! Because there don't seem to BE ANY other than the not-cloaked ship nearby that blew up local security.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Er

I guess I need to post an action

Say, tomorrow

Um, I need to think about what it is.

ninjamyselfedit
Damn, it's been a month since I updated my game. Again.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

This imagery just hit my thinking.
Aubrey, try to get a bore working your side--as our systems back on ship are linked into the communication (visual/audio), I think all Kes needs is a bore on YOUR side of any size near any space the ship is...because it was a carrier--it can sense oncoming projectiles and stuff; treating you/your people/ejected into space folks who won't die instantly because that's a scientific fact as projectiles could really work with the computer.
Just unsure about the radiation part Draig mentioned.
Another problem is 'making it marketing' or something ._. The only way I can find to subvert this eccentrism is to catalogue it as 'military transport testing' with some advertising.

I just hope my last action isn't too crazy with Draignean. I mean it is marketing right? :D

I just wish the Reunion's systems could search for any viable bore-generating device on station and communicate or use it >_> and as far as I know, I can't hail any nearby civilian vessel under standard emergency protocol! Because there don't seem to BE ANY other than the not-cloaked ship nearby that blew up local security.
I'm not sure the Reunion being a carrier specifically is going to help with our current problem, but yes, if we can get the station to bore us very close to the Reunion, it could probably open a second bore to transport us inside the hangar.

The question is whether you/Aubrey have enough time to do that. None of our current problems are likely to wait very long.

If you need a way to trick the computer into doing something advertising-related, I assume at least looking at the bore drive would be handy for context-sensitive advertisements ("Heading into the Death Nebula? Give your loved ones something to remember you by with our affordable spa treatments!"). Actually taking control of it would be rather aggressive from a marketing standpoint, but you just need a shell of an excuse to prod it along, right?

Oooh, and are we timeskipped in the future :3
I'd love to try negotiating TO GET A SHUTTLE from one of these crewdudes and shooting it in there.
Probably sending in a false flag that 'we signed up with Wilcox!' and 'this cloaked ship is hindering our comms!' and basically blaming everyone else for information as a reaction.
Sadly, I doubt the regular mercies are that gullible, if any are even still alive. The elite, possibly Apex troopers are almost certainly not going to buy it.

Obviously the same problem is getting the away team and other personnel into something space-worthy (even a container jettisoned by an outcoming explosion works!) and something to computer it there.
Hm, hadn't thought of stuffing everyone into an airtight container for the trip. I don't think we'll have anything airtight in a hotel, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Retrieval would still be a major problem, though. Keeping everyone alive for a few minutes gives the Reunion crew a few more minutes to come rescue us, but it doesn't solve our immediate problem.

Er

I guess I need to post an action

Say, tomorrow

Um, I need to think about what it is.

ninjamyselfedit
Damn, it's been a month since I updated my game. Again.
Given that Khate is largely responsible for everyone being seconds away from being sucked into space, it might also make sense to wait for Khate to figure out what happens now.

I mean, I could try to just stop Varky, but that's a tall order and it doesn't solve our other problems. I feel like space riding is our best bet if we can pull it off.

Also: As has always been and shall always be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[...]
I'm not sure the Reunion being a carrier specifically is going to help with our current problem, but yes, if we can get the station to bore us very close to the Reunion, it could probably open a second bore to transport us inside the hangar.

The question is whether you/Aubrey have enough time to do that. None of our current problems are likely to wait very long.

If you need a way to trick the computer into doing something advertising-related, I assume at least looking at the bore drive would be handy for context-sensitive advertisements ("Heading into the Death Nebula? Give your loved ones something to remember you by with our affordable spa treatments!"). Actually taking control of it would be rather aggressive from a marketing standpoint, but you just need a shell of an excuse to prod it along, right?[...]
Good point >_> I forget that we're limited to our ORIGINAL advertising.
Note to self--remember the many notes Kes has made herself and placed all over the place. Remember that you are forgetful <_<

But yes. Exactly as mentioned, being a carrier links up our systems to what's going to be needed--all we need is an incoming bore towards us.
If y'all can hop onto Varkonius' ship too, that'd be a GREAT thing. :V
Then we'll have mercenary party in the hangar that'd probably be filled with a gruff atmosphere and people glaring daggers at each other. While Kesari eats popcorn.

Sadly, I doubt the regular mercies are that gullible, if any are even still alive. The elite, possibly Apex troopers are almost certainly not going to buy it.
Sadly, I agree :/ but in the least buying time is what we need when we've got a rampaging Ka-Taeun on our hands.
...That and I never checked if the station has blast doors or something that can help you--wait, it does, but y'all should be cloistered so I can take control that way.

Draig: Mini-turn for us on ship please? :3 I do hope I've worded my action as specifically vague as possible to allow freedom of GMing ._.; in...the timeskip.

Also away team, Sadish has mentioned Vera/Ka-Taeun's effects, and I've sent via message Mickaw's story so consider your background flavor fulfilled on everything :O
Please live! :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 11:02:51 pm by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I feel like we really need to know the viability of hijacking the Flounder's bore capabilities, but double checking the range on Vark's plan shouldn't hurt. I'd say couldn't but this is a very creative serial killer.

Also: Our current location is directly adjacent to a gift shop. This may not sound especially relevant, but jackasses in dire situations can find useful things in all kinds of places.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel like we really need to know the viability of hijacking the Flounder's bore capabilities, but double checking the range on Vark's plan shouldn't hurt. I'd say couldn't but this is a very creative serial killer.

Also: Our current location is directly adjacent to a gift shop. This may not sound especially relevant, but jackasses in dire situations can find useful things in all kinds of places.
H-...w- where did this gift shop become apparent? :P
I am both surprised and amused. Hopefully we can save the station staff though! :X

And...did anyone try it? The bore capabilities anyway or at least teaming up with Vark here? :P We can issue a distress signal and make an emergency bore or something.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Draig: Mini-turn for us on ship please? :3 I do hope I've worded my action as specifically vague as possible to allow freedom of GMing ._.; in...the timeskip.

Absolutely!

When I have the action for Boris.
---
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 71