Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Fleshmancy (4/4)  (Read 6649 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy (4/4)
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2016, 02:40:08 pm »

I Take the Second Path.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2016, 02:45:32 pm »

Delector takes the first path, so his creature has enough room for its strange gait.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2016, 02:47:22 pm »

"It's ok boy I heal you so just focus on going full speed ahead" Azura said to her flesh raptor.

Tell my raptor to charge through the large tunnel route, while focusing on using fleshmancy to try aid the healing.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2016, 03:02:30 pm »

Arys allowed herself a brief smile. It was nice to be in the lead for once...some people had put such high expectations on her, due to nothing more than a trick of her birth, perhaps...ah, but the race wasn't over yet.

She figured either of the paths wouldn't be difficult to handle for her mount-it was amazingly stable, even over rough terrain. Her hard work on the skeletal system had paid off. But which path? The smooth one was obviously well traveled, maybe by water, perhaps by something else...she had heard never to take the primrose path, the one that seemed too perfect...she figured this path was no doubt traveled often by other villagers, or trainees like her. Her mount would make excellent speed if he didn't have to make too many turns...a smooth path was just too inviting to pass up, but...the rough path would be no serious obstacle, and why not test her creation...?

With no right choice, she still made one. In the end, she admitted she had not greatly hardened the creatures skin-which would have slowed it down, somewhat. It could probably handle the rough terrain, but it would be injured by the rough stones, lacking scales. She didn't want her beast to suffer, even if it was a simple minded thing...it was still a living being. And you couldn't have it dying on you before it finished the race.

Action: I take the smooth path!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2016, 08:27:03 pm »

Arys allowed herself a brief smile. It was nice to be in the lead for once...some people had put such high expectations on her, due to nothing more than a trick of her birth, perhaps...ah, but the race wasn't over yet.

She figured either of the paths wouldn't be difficult to handle for her mount-it was amazingly stable, even over rough terrain. Her hard work on the skeletal system had paid off. But which path? The smooth one was obviously well traveled, maybe by water, perhaps by something else...she had heard never to take the primrose path, the one that seemed too perfect...she figured this path was no doubt traveled often by other villagers, or trainees like her. Her mount would make excellent speed if he didn't have to make too many turns...a smooth path was just too inviting to pass up, but...the rough path would be no serious obstacle, and why not test her creation...?

With no right choice, she still made one. In the end, she admitted she had not greatly hardened the creatures skin-which would have slowed it down, somewhat. It could probably handle the rough terrain, but it would be injured by the rough stones, lacking scales. She didn't want her beast to suffer, even if it was a simple minded thing...it was still a living being. And you couldn't have it dying on you before it finished the race.

Action: I take the smooth path!

You take the more distant path, which slightly lessens your lead. However you are able to quickly regain it over the smooth terrain. You burst into a cavern that is filled with purplish mushrooms. There is a still pool of water at the center of the room. The far wall has several large cracks wide enough to walk through. There is a second smooth tunnel off to your left.

I Take the Second Path.

The second path is smaller and incredibly smooth. It looks like it was bored into the rock in one swift motion and not by the working of water or by the strike of a pick. Rather strange, but it doesn't seem to be dangerous. After a short while it opens into a small cavern filled with mushrooms. There is a small still pool in the center, a crevice in the far wall, and a similar tunnel to the one you entered in off on the left wall.

Delector takes the first path, so his creature has enough room for its strange gait.

Loping forward you continue down the larger tunnel. Its floor is rough and there are many loose rocks about. This slows your mount down significantly because it makes finding proper footing for a good leap difficult. Yet you manage and eventually reach a decent speed. Your creature continues to grumble as you go. You begin to notice small earthquakes shaking the loose stones on the ground. There is a smooth tunnel off to the right and the tunnel your in continues onward.

"It's ok boy I heal you so just focus on going full speed ahead" Azura said to her flesh raptor.

Tell my raptor to charge through the large tunnel route, while focusing on using fleshmancy to try aid the healing.

Your raptor moves across the uneven and loose terrain with moderate ease. Its not as fast as it was over the normal tunnel, but its not terribly slow either. As you go you try to fix the leg, but every time you attempt to heal it, your raptor starts loosing control of the leg. You could try to heal it quickly, but it may cause the raptor to collapse. Small earthquakes begin to shaking the cavern. There is a smooth tunnel off to the right and this tunnel continues onward.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2016, 08:40:16 pm »

I Head To The next Tunnel, and Wonder Whether these Smooth Tunnels were the Work of Some Great Worm...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2016, 01:14:34 am »

I Delector goes to the right.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:17:39 am by vishdafish »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2016, 06:37:02 am »

Azura has her raptor continue onwards.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2016, 08:41:37 am »

Action: Off to the smooth tunnel on the left!

But first, can I identify these mushrooms as safe to eat? If so, I lead my mount over for a quick snack.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2016, 12:40:33 pm »

I Head To The next Tunnel, and Wonder Whether these Smooth Tunnels were the Work of Some Great Worm...

You head to the tunnel on the left and quickly get your answer. There is a giant worm butt blocking the tunnel! It seems to be facing away from you, but man it is big. There doesn't seem to be a way to get past it and through the tunnel. Its moving forward though, perhaps you can just sneak behind it if it goes onward. Of course, you could always try to nudge it forward.

I Delector goes to the right.

You start going to the right, but as you look into the tunnel you see the large waiting mouth of a giant worm! It lunges forward at you and your new friend, and you only manage to avoid its snapping maw by a few inches. Its slithering out of the tunnel at you now!

Azura has her raptor continue onwards.

Onwards you go! A giant worm seems to be slithering into the cavern after Deflector, but you speed by. The tunnel ahead seems to open up  into a cavern in the distance, but you heisitate for a moment. Do you go back and make sure your tribesman is ok, or do you take this opportunity to gain an advantage in the race?

Action: Off to the smooth tunnel on the left!

But first, can I identify these mushrooms as safe to eat? If so, I lead my mount over for a quick snack.

You inspect the mushrooms and they aren't any of the poisonous species that you know of. Your mount seems rather interested in them, but it tried to eat a rock earlier so you're going to take it's opinion with a grain of salt. One of your fellows is already at the left tunnel, but he doesn't seem to be going inside it for some reason.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2016, 01:01:34 pm »

Action: Lead my mount to some of the safer looking mushrooms for a nice meal.

Then ride toward the left tunnel, and see what the holdup is.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2016, 01:31:32 pm »

"Damn him,why does he have to get chased by damn worm" Azura sighs to herself

Azura nudges on her raptor to turn turnaround and to focus on attracting the worm attention to lure into chasing her through the cavern.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2016, 04:09:41 pm »

"Damn it, that elder never told us we would have to deal with oversized worms as well as shitty caverns."

Delector goes back to the rough tunnel he was originally in.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2016, 04:37:34 pm »

I Follow Along Behind it at a Relativity Leisurely Pace.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2016, 11:28:36 am »

"Damn it, that elder never told us we would have to deal with oversized worms as well as shitty caverns."

Delector goes back to the rough tunnel he was originally in.

You quickly back track into the larger cavern. Worm following at your heels. Jaws snapping, spittle oozing from the mouth. It slithers quickly, after you with surprising speed. You think that it's upon you and that you're surely doomed. But then it just goes past you. It seems that Azura has done something to seriously piss off this ten foot worm.

"Damn him,why does he have to get chased by damn worm" Azura sighs to herself

Azura nudges on her raptor to turn turnaround and to focus on attracting the worm attention to lure into chasing her through the cavern.

You turn back to attract the worm's attention, and with a few good shouts and several well thrown rocks, you have it. You really have it. It looks pissed. And its fast! It speeds past Deflector and his tripod and goes directly after you!!! You turn to run, because to do otherwise would surely mean death. You're raptor breaks into the next cavern and you're surprised by what you see. There are several glowing crystals inside of the room, small reptilian creatures bask in the gentle magenta light that the covers the cavern. There is a sign post in the center of the cavern, and tunnels in each cardinal direction. You could take the time to read the faded letters, but with a monster on your tail, it may cause some serious issues.

I Follow Along Behind it at a Relativity Leisurely Pace.

The worm heaves forward as if it was snatching at something in front of it. Then it slithers out of its hole and you follow behind it at a rather comfortable pace. Once it gets into the cavern however, it starts outpacing you significantly. Seems like you're free and clear here, at least from the worm.

Action: Lead my mount to some of the safer looking mushrooms for a nice meal.

Then ride toward the left tunnel, and see what the holdup is.

You move over towards the pool and you serpentine creature munches on a few mushrooms. Small froglike creatures jump into the still pool, disturbing the surface. And several semi-aquatic and very large slugs can be seen grazing on the mushrooms. The water seems surprisingly fresh and clean, you can see all the way down into a flooded cavern beneath. It seems illuminated from below.

You see the worm begin to vacate its tunnel and one of your classmates start to follow it into its hole.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4