Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Fleshmancy (4/4)  (Read 6638 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fleshmancy (4/4)
« on: September 29, 2016, 11:43:09 am »

Deep bellow the world there exists a large and ever changing network of tunnels and caverns. Only a few rare Nodes remain constant and unmoving in this twisted world. Filled with strange and dangerous beasts, this is not a safe place for mortals. Yet mortals manage yet, especially one tribe of humans with a particular kind of magic. Fleshmancy. Unlike other magics it must be precise and controlled, or untold horrible effects may occur. And unlike necromancy, the subject in question must remain alive for the magic to work. Truly a specific and careful sort of magic, yet this tribe has used it to survive this harsh world for millennia.

You are a member of that tribe, living in a village in a Node cavern. You have now come of age and will begin to learn the art of fleshmancy.

The elder fleshmancer poses three questions for each of you:

What is your name?
What do you look like? (Must be unmoddified human to start)
What is your personality?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:46:37 pm by Roboson »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy (Revival)(0/4)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 11:49:04 am »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:27:34 pm by flazeo25 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 11:53:31 am »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 12:53:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 01:29:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy (4/4)
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 07:13:36 pm »

The elder takes the four of you to the Hut of Ceremonies in order to teach you basics of fleshmancy. Hours go by as he slowly begins explaining the fundamentals of life and magic and flesh. Ultimately he is rather boring and uninspiring. As a member of the tribe you've heard all of this a million times at the various annual holidays. Only when he gets to the actual magic section do you start paying more attention.

...that is why we are who we are and how we do what we do. Now, we will begin to try to mance. He retreats to a room in the back and brings forth 4 small sacs. He hands each of you a sac. Contained within is a small creature, a fleshball. Each one has had several parts added to it for your use. They make wonderful training dummies because they are incredibly easy to mance. Please, attempt to shape each one into a new creature of your own design. As you work, narrate your actions and feelings. Tell us what your creature will be as it comes into being.

Spoiler:  Fleshball (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 07:29:10 pm by Roboson »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 08:05:36 pm »

PTW
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 10:29:56 pm »

Damn! I didn't even notice this until it was full...

Is there any sort of way I could get it? Upon player death, when the party gains a member, or - hell - as an NPC/enemy?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 12:55:01 am »

Waitlist please?

What is your name? Dresda
What do you look like? Short, thin albino woman with violet eyes.
What is your personality? Inquisitive and shy.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 02:58:04 am »

"I hope that the esteemed elder finds my humble work satisfactory."

Delector shapes one unit of flesh into the outer skin, and two units of flesh into wings. He puts one unit of bones inside, to prevent it from collapsing, and one unit of bone on the outside, shaped into armor. The mouth is placed in the middle. The organs are positioned inside the ball.

((So basically, a ball with wings and bone armor and a mouth to attack. An example would be cool, to help us on how to do it.))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:04:52 am by vishdafish »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 08:41:39 am »

"Right elder, I will try my best."

Azura focuses on shaping one of the pieces of flesh into 8 tiny tendrils, another piece into small roundish body and final one to make the outer skin. She then focuses on placing one unit of bone to be placed into the tendrils while the last into the body to support it from collapsing. The mouth is then reshaped more into a beak and placed closer to the top of the body. While she trys to finish it off by putting thr organs inside the body.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 09:06:08 am »

"Indeed...I was born for this, after all, wasnt I?" Alys says quietly.

"I believe the simplest creations work best, to start. But is there not a hidden complexity in even the simplest things? Let me look upon the phylum Annelida in my minds eye. External segmentation to aid in mobility, invertebrate biology, multiple redundant organs to aid in survival, a closed circulatory system-relatively simple binary mental processes, easy to replicate. It is said the annelids have remain relatively unchanged for untold eons of time, while mans great towers rose and fell-they persisted, having no need to change. I feel a certain awe at the elegance of their design, the fundamental perfection. The worm has no more need to evolve-it is a flawless biological design. Only adaptation needed is to environmental constraints. ...I now feel slightly judged, unworthy of my gifts. Simple is not beautiful, nor is it wonderous, will it impress? Yes, I do not feel I am not making art. I prefer function, over form. This creature will merely survive, because logic dictates it must survive. It's survival is the only end I aim for...now, I will shape this flesh as I will, for I am Alys the Blue, One Reborn as Another."

Action: Shape portions flesh into a long, segmented worm shape. Integrate simple closed circulatory system, redundant organs, invertebrate biology, segmentation, a simplistic mind, and a mouth at one end. Leave the bones out, and any unneeded flesh-I try not to use any more resources than I have to.

((OOC: I wonder if I took the GM too literally? :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 11:09:48 am »

"I will Do What I can."
I Begin by Shaping it into A Three Legged Shape, and Placing Bones within The Legs so it Doesn't Collapse, Afterwards I move onto Other Things, Such as Mouth Position, Which I Move to the Bottom. Finally I Shape A Few Bone Blades upon the Top and Make Sure the Stomach is Within.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 12:09:40 pm »

Is there any sort of way I could get it? Upon player death, when the party gains a member, or - hell - as an NPC/enemy?
Ditto.

Didn't there use to be a game with this same premise/name? Are you reviving/reincarnating it?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 03:20:21 pm »

Ditto.

Didn't there use to be a game with this same premise/name? Are you reviving/reincarnating it?
That's what I thought! Perhaps it's the one with the necromancy element in it? You know, where there  was the flesh-wagon or something?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4