Poll

A or B?

A
- 2 (22.2%)
B
- 7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30

Author Topic: You are an Independent Scientist! (Nov 12, 2016)  (Read 36793 times)

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Independent Scientist!
« Reply #195 on: October 10, 2016, 07:18:34 pm »

Shelve the baton for later development, but get to work on a more powerful fuel cell, focusing on providing larger amounts of energy in shorter times, with greater short term levelness.
Also, even though the thought pains you, get a job. Contracts for building design seem scientific enough, won't be full time, and opens up some of that sweet, sweet cash for projects.
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 10, 2016, 09:31:57 pm »

Small thing I've noticed recently, you aren't updating 19's incubation dates.  I'd recommend moving to a flat numeric calendar, ( so thing would look like, "day xx, month yy, year zz" and say "19 will have kids/scorion kits on xx+25.")  It might help you, it might not. 

PTW as well.  This is great.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 10, 2016, 09:38:07 pm »

Shelve the baton for later development, but get to work on a more powerful fuel cell, focusing on providing larger amounts of energy in shorter times, with greater short term levelness.
Also, even though the thought pains you, get a job. Contracts for building design seem scientific enough, won't be full time, and opens up some of that sweet, sweet cash for projects.

If we want money we can probably sell the fuel cells (either as actual units or just pawning off the plans) to somebody. It's pretty cool as it is, and it's not even as effective as it could be with the tech we currently have. +1 to everything else though.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 10, 2016, 10:30:01 pm »

Yeah, let's improve the cell as best we can and then try to sell it to some company or other interested parties.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 10, 2016, 10:36:53 pm »

Sigh and wallow in pasta-crafting.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 11, 2016, 04:53:08 am »

Sigh and wallow in pasta-crafting.
+1, but first download recipes at the university and see what the internet has to say about water temperature and cooking times.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 11, 2016, 10:29:02 pm »

October 23, 2016

Yes.
You can do this.
You can make the perfect pasta.

You spend hours at the university researching over such things such as "cooking times" and "pots" and "pasta". Eventually you think you may actually have it. You spend $10 on some pasta and get to work using your chemistry set.
You taste some of the pasta now containing your blood, sweat, and tears.
It tastes...
Good. It's tasty. Unfortunately you end up eating all of it.

Okay, now that your life's work side experiment is complete, you can focus on other things. Such as the Fuel Cell MK3. After $60 worth of materials (and enough catalyst) and 1 scrap metal and 1 scrap electronic, you lift up your fictional welding mask as you start to analyze the day's work.
The first thing to note is the size - it hasn't changed at all. Second aspect is fuel usage. This thing should last about a day after being refueled. Not bad, but not particularly great.
Finally, there's the power generation. This thing is actually fairly impressive - it could probably power a regular-sized car without being particularly strained. It's not amazing, of course, but it's still great. Hell, with such a small amount of electronic devices in this garage, you may even be able to power the garage if you wanted to.

So say hello to the Hydrogen Fuel Cell MK3, replacing the Hydrogen Fuel Cell MK2 that was used in the MK3's creation. After finishing this up, you sigh, knowing that your worst fear was about to come true.
It's time to get a job.

The job search actually goes amazingly well. Somehow. You guess that bragging about creating a series of fusion (okay, maybe you exaggerated) cells helped you?
Regardless, welcome to your new job at Trademart for the amazing wage of $60 a day at the expense of some time.

You harvested 3 ml and sold 3 ml of venom today for $60.
Tomorrow, you'll get $60 at your new part-time job.

Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)
Makeshift Data Terminal
Spoiler: Contacts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 11, 2016, 10:46:26 pm »

Search for nearby government or military offices that we can enter using our ID. See if we could enter their databases, catalogs, etc. To see if we can find any information that could help our development of our hydrogen cell
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 11, 2016, 11:48:00 pm »

It might be possible to use a government I.D. to improve our resistance to background checks...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 12, 2016, 06:30:55 am »

Minor side activity: see if we can find a better monitor for our computer.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 12, 2016, 06:43:20 am »

that fuel cell could be a great cash cow, solving money problems for a long time. one day autonomy and the power of a car in a fairly compact package. Plus, if it is 24h of full power use, it actually would last a few days, if used for cars.

With this idea, we could probably try to gather some venture capital. With that, start selling fuel cells and establish an hydrogen fuel station.
Or sell to a car manufacturer, that would be less cash in the long run, but it would be immediate and low effort. ( need to patent it before selling however).

After cash is solved, we can get better equipment and hideout.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 12, 2016, 07:03:08 am »

Go out to the local recycling center, and scavenge some metal. If at all possible, keep an eye out for broken phones.
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 12, 2016, 04:46:32 pm »

Can we design things without actually having to build them?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 12, 2016, 08:43:55 pm »

To what end? To advance knowledge without expending resources? The nature of science is to test...
Read the First Post!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 12, 2016, 10:04:37 pm »

To what end? To advance knowledge without expending resources? The nature of science is to test...

But if we design something first we know what resources we need to steal acquire to build it.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30