Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 1: Of Kings and Monks  (Read 32187 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 0: Seekers of Light
« Reply #360 on: September 30, 2016, 08:43:14 pm »

Sera pockets the remaining gold, and tries to find somewhere to sit and wait for the battle to begin.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 30, 2016, 08:44:03 pm »

>"So what might we be up against? Think they'd misuse it?"
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:03:03 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #362 on: September 30, 2016, 09:57:17 pm »

"I had hoped that she hadn't, but I lost contact with her years ago. I'm afraid that she must have misused it.

As for what we may be up against, I am not an expert in dark magic. I know it can be used to enhance one's physical prowess, as well as the more standard sorts of curses and such you might expect."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 30, 2016, 10:02:47 pm »

>"So we've got nothing on her then. Damn it. Okay, I'll go ask around, if the Fiends have been here, people must've seen them."
>Return to the tent.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 30, 2016, 10:26:22 pm »

The newly-named Valor turns to Nobunaga as Joseph leaves. "Lord Sasaki... if I may." He kneels down once again, still looking at him in the eye. "Though I have no memories of my past, I still hold closely to heart one thing: Loyalty. I believe that loyalty to one's allies is truly the greatest of virtues. That is why, I must ask you..." He plants his sword on the ground dramatically.
"Let me pledge allegiance to you, Lord Sasaki. I may not have known you long, but even the small amount I have seen has shown that you are truly noble and pure of heart. Let me atone for my past negligence by following you for the battles to come."
>"So we've got nothing on her then. Damn it. Okay, I'll go ask around, if the Fiends have been here, people must've seen them."
>Return to the tent.
There, he sees Angelo finally attempting to buy some books. He's noticeably tight-lipped about the whole affair, and slams his gold down on the old man's hand quite harshly. When the teen spots Joseph, he glares. "Look - I have the books. Now can you leave me alone?"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 30, 2016, 10:44:44 pm »

>Grin.  "I'm not actually here for that. I'm here to speak to the shopkeeper", nod at him "if he wouldn't mind, to discuss the Fiends. Because I have a feeling they showed up here before us."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 30, 2016, 11:28:57 pm »

(Nah, it'll just be an accessory :P)
"Enough to last you for until you come back, I'm sure... but if you come back at all, we'll probably have upgraded our wares by then..."

Nagisa eyes the box. The volume seems to match up.
"Alright then." Go for it.

Nagisa isn't too worried about being broke after this...
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #367 on: October 01, 2016, 01:11:52 am »

Nobunaga leaned back a bit in startlement, blinking a few times. "Valor, I am truly honored, but you know that I'm no real lord, right? I do my best to behave as one, and I will accept the responsibility of leadership if I must, but I am not much more than a hermit."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 01, 2016, 02:23:32 am »

>Grin.  "I'm not actually here for that. I'm here to speak to the shopkeeper", nod at him "if he wouldn't mind, to discuss the Fiends. Because I have a feeling they showed up here before us."
He makes a "Tch" sound again and walks off, tomes in hand.

"Wh-what? I... I know nothing of them!" says the frightened shopkeeper.
Nagisa eyes the box. The volume seems to match up.
"Alright then."

Nagisa isn't too worried about being broke after this...
He hands her the box, taking her gold. "Thank you for your patronage..."
Nobunaga leaned back a bit in startlement, blinking a few times. "Valor, I am truly honored, but you know that I'm no real lord, right? I do my best to behave as one, and I will accept the responsibility of leadership if I must, but I am not much more than a hermit."
"Even so... you have the will of someone I would follow into battle, title or no."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 02:37:45 am by Sl4cker »
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 01, 2016, 02:25:38 am »

Truthfully, Obito was almost tempted to ignore that slightly strange pair.
Almost, but not quite.
"Hello," she says to the duo as she walks up to them.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 01, 2016, 02:27:08 am »

>"Sorry then. It seems that they've gotten a headstart on us, and I was hoping you've seen some of them around."
>Walk off to somewhere and examine what the townsfolk are wearing from a distance.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 01, 2016, 03:58:04 am »

Truthfully, Obito was almost tempted to ignore that slightly strange pair.
Almost, but not quite.
"Hello," she says to the duo as she walks up to them.
"Well, hello, there! Are you one of our new allies?"
>"Sorry then. It seems that they've gotten a headstart on us, and I was hoping you've seen some of them around."
>Walk off to somewhere and examine what the townsfolk are wearing from a distance.
The man seems glad he leaves.

The townspeople seem to be wearing completely random clothing, it seems - medieval clothes there, modern ones there, oriental-looking, sci-fi looking...
carrot cakeu

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 01, 2016, 04:47:37 am »

"Perhaps. Who are you?"
Obito looks over the two in slightly more detail. Anything of note she would notice? Weapons, items, whether or not there is someone inside that armor or not, that's the kind of thing she's looking for.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 01, 2016, 04:51:15 am »

The armored man, at least, seems to have no visible weapons or items on him. Looking inside the T-shaped slit in his helmet yields no results but pure darkness. "I am known as Fredrich Faulkner. My power is to rule over very fabric of space!"
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #374 on: October 01, 2016, 09:29:48 am »

"Well... I accept your oath, then, Sir Valor."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40