Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159494 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad Leg breaking and Vlad hunting, oh my!
« Reply #2341 on: November 01, 2016, 02:14:01 pm »

The Flares are attached to the lizards. They move into formation.

The group waits on Khaiden.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: November 01, 2016, 04:55:53 pm »

Khaiden points towards where he senses the souls. "They're that way. I'd advise extreme caution."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: November 01, 2016, 04:57:13 pm »

I'm ready to continue when ever you are comrade.

"Then let's finish up and get moving."

To Khaiden: Ratodx speaks in a calm manner. "That was a Yuyu, by description and behavior. Why didn't you notice it?"
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: November 01, 2016, 10:59:48 pm »

To Khaiden: Ratodx speaks in a calm manner. "That was a Yuyu, by description and behavior. Why didn't you notice it?"

"It had no soul, so my magic didn't sense it. Which is why I told the rest of you to be wary. I see no reason for alarm. (Speaking in a stage whisper) Except for the gullibility demon on Dhan's shoulder."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: November 01, 2016, 11:25:35 pm »

"It had no soul, so my magic didn't sense it. Which is why I told the rest of you to be wary. I see no reason for alarm. (Speaking in a stage whisper) Except for the gullibility demon on Dhan's shoulder."

To Khaiden: "So what you're saying is that either Bob is lying or you're lying. As one of you operates off of Rules, let's follow the reasoning of the other. Either you did notice the Yuyu and didn't call it out, which suggests malevolence, or you didn't notice it, which suggests inexperience. I'm going to guess the latter, for your sake and the sake of the mission. You know what this means? Absolutely Mad God damn nothing. You're still our only Necromancer and you're still the only one who can give us a heading in this Necromancy based Storm. And when we get back to base? All it means is that we're going to make sure that you get the time and resources to practice and experiment so you have a wider variety of uses in field. That's it. You're on this squad, and as long as I'm Squad Lead, I'm going to make sure that every part of this squad has use and function. It's why I put up with Reserti's shit and naivety, it's why we consulted with Bob, and it's why I distracted E003 long enough for everyone to get the fuck away."

Still to Khaiden: "If it turns out that you lied twice rather than once, and it was malevolence, I will have you shot where you stand. We can't afford for false intel to be provided and if we can't rely on you for honesty, in the field at the very least, then you become nothing but a liability. So, let's move on shall we?"

To Squad: "Alright, let's move out."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2346 on: November 01, 2016, 11:28:21 pm »

-snipped cuz I didnt realise it was on a private channel-
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:58:08 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: November 01, 2016, 11:33:46 pm »

"No soul means I can't see it. If your lack of knowledge means you kill me, then Akras is coming after your head. I'll also remind you that I'm your only means of finding your way at least somewhat safely through this storm. I have no reason to cause you harm, and I am not the type to kill over hurt feelings. Since Bill works on exact words and has shown itself to be able to 'lie with truth,' I'd advise trusting me. Or did Bill not pay Dhan's debts with our money despite an agreement that seemed to indicate otherwise? I'll remind you again: I have no reason to want to harm the squad and a lot of motivation to see it succeed. Namely a new body, because this one is failing."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: November 01, 2016, 11:38:17 pm »

The Party trudges onward. Towards the Center. Bickering as they go.

The flares grow dim as time goes on. Far dimmer than they should.

The flares flicker for a moment in unison. Plunging the group into Darkness for a split second before flaring up to their original strength.

A CrackcrackCRACKCrack rings out. Growing louder and Shattering the Silence.

Something Big just cropped up on IR. About 200 yards out and closing rapidly.

Think Fast.

Two Turns Till Contact
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:47:36 pm by Kevak »

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: November 01, 2016, 11:38:52 pm »

"So yera nekromanser dat can't even sense da mana dat yu use? Zoggin' useless."
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: November 01, 2016, 11:40:36 pm »

Regon raises his sword and assumes a combat stance, with one hand grasping his totems for courage.
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: November 01, 2016, 11:44:53 pm »

"Useless? (Said incredibly sarcastically) Well you can feel free to let Akras know that you have an issue with the assimilated Gaian who is very willing to work for them. I'm sure they'll take the word of a Gaian Orc who lets his prejudices inform his behavior over such a being, especially since that Orc balks at their own methods."

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: November 01, 2016, 11:47:02 pm »

"Kizz assez loik yu eill get fa', i 'ope yu can foight as well as yu gab."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: November 01, 2016, 11:54:29 pm »

"No soul means I can't see it. If your lack of knowledge means you kill me, then Akras is coming after your head. I'll also remind you that I'm your only means of finding your way at least somewhat safely through this storm. I have no reason to cause you harm, and I am not the type to kill over hurt feelings. Since Bill works on exact words and has shown itself to be able to 'lie with truth,' I'd advise trusting me. Or did Bill not pay Dhan's debts with our money despite an agreement that seemed to indicate otherwise? I'll remind you again: I have no reason to want to harm the squad and a lot of motivation to see it succeed. Namely a new body, because this one is failing."

To Khaiden: "It was Bob that provided the intel, not E003, but we'll deal with this later."

To Squad: "Squad, this is likely either Teeth or some other thing. Melnakos, have one Lizard advance on it so that we can get eyes on it. If it is Teeth, bail on the Lizard. If it looks humanoid but you can't  identify it beyond that, bail on the Lizard. Squad, we're halting our forward movement and are immediately moving to our left now at a hustle. No rotating or shit, just immediately turn to face left of where we were moving and hustle that way. If it pursues past the Lizard or is Teeth, we're running. Anyone who lags behind, hop on a Lizard. Move out."

((The conversation with Khaiden was on a private channel, and confirmed over Discord that unless Khaiden was speaking on general comms, no one else heard anything.))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:35:57 am by somemildmanneredidiot »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2354 on: November 02, 2016, 12:00:06 am »

((I edited that. I didn't get the memo that it was on a private channel until you PM'd me))
"Damn it!" Reserti hustles.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 201