Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159726 times)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1845 on: October 24, 2016, 07:39:42 pm »

Khaiden sends his senses toward the storm, trying to separate the storm from the creatures within in his Soul Sight. He also tests his power by trying to separate a part of the storm to shape and move according to his will. This could be a source of power.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: October 24, 2016, 07:42:14 pm »

(I dont think in ancient times all elves spoke a magical language, just nit picking)
((True, but I'm not sure what else to say he would be chanting in. Plus, given the elves inborn talent with magic, I figured its a good assumption. Sure maybe the regular Gaean language isn't magical, but in a lot of fantasy settings, Elvish is tied in with magic))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: October 24, 2016, 08:24:27 pm »

That seems to get his attention for a bit. Maybe it's because you're not wearing the uniform too?
"They.. killed my wife.. destroyed my village.. I wanted to hurt them back.. but I couldn't.. they were bad shots, but there were too many..
and now.. because of me.. Anna is dead too.." The man said slowly, each word pained him. His shaking hand caresses his daughter's hair lightly as she continues to hold her close, sitting there pitifully.
"Look, when I heard her call for you last night, my heart bled. I planned to take her on a flight so she wouldn't have to witness the execution of her father. Frankly, I could live with myself if you had been executed. But the execution of an innocent child? I had no idea that it was their intention to execute her, and if I had known, I would have tried to stop it."

Reserti sighs, "When you went at them with a knife, what did you think was going to happen? You can't be stupid enough to think that you'd get away with it scot-free. Yes, Akras destroyed everything you knew. Yes, your wife was killed. And yes, I do feel sorrow for you on both of those points. However, what you did was wrong, even if it was ineffective. You did need to be punished; pacified, even, but I think that this was the wrong way to do it. Are you hearing what I'm saying?"

Reserti looks at Anna's face, struggling not to vomit. "This is sick. The murder of an innocent, let alone a child, is never justifiable. And even if it's not right, you had a part in your daughter's murder. So here's what I'm proposing."
Reserti pauses, "I'll pay as much as I can to have Anna resurrected on a number of circumstances. Number one: You owe me. You repay me the total amount of money that this is going to cost me. You will work for Akras to raise the funds for this debt. Number two: In no way, shape or form are you to sabotage, attack, assault or insult Akras or their assets, nor will you initiate or follow any movement which does so. You will be subject to surveillance to this effect. Number three: If something were to happen to you, whatever family of yours remains and her godparents, I am to be named as the next in line for the possession of the child. Number four: If, at any time, you are found to breach this agreement, Anna will be taken from you and relocated to another family and you will be forbidden from being within a twenty-meter radius of her. I will personally assure her safety in the event of her confiscation."

Reserti stops for breath, "Do you find these terms agreeable? In short, if I pay for Anna's resurrection, you work your arse off and keep your nose clean or she'll be taken away. If she's got nowhere else to go in times of need, she can come to me. I am no professional at contracts, and as such I will be getting one of the Akras professionals to draft a formal contract up to the effect of the terms stated."

The man's face scrunched up in a hint of anger. "Fuck you, elf. I will not let you take my daughter away nor will I owe you anything. You're just like them, worse, probably!

I will work on my own and pay them to get both my wife and child back, you and your shitty contract will have nothing to do with it!"
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: October 24, 2016, 08:26:02 pm »

(I personally wouldn't say many fantasy settings, sure in a lot of fantasy settings elves tend to be magical, but not specifically their language, imagine having a regular conversations where you'd be constantly casting spells?)
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: October 24, 2016, 08:34:34 pm »

((You have to channel mana/magika/whateverthefuck into a spell for it to work, so normal conversation wouldn't trigger it. Anyway, I'm tired of arguing about it, he chants in whatever language is needed to cast the spell))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1850 on: October 24, 2016, 08:35:20 pm »

Reserti scowls at the man, "You could have her back within the week as opposed to a few years. Your wife, too. Seeing as though you don't seem to be grasping the concept..." Reserti pulls out five credits, "I have half what I need with me, nearly three times as much back in my dorm. Do you understand me? I can pay for your daughter's resurrection and your wife's."
"Look, I'm not even going to ask for the full price back. I'm not even charging interest, nor am I designating a deadline. Functionally, you don't even need to pay me back. Why are you hostile towards me? I understand your loss, I really do."

((Toyed with in Eragon. The Ancient elven language has the power to do a ton of things in ordinary conversation))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: October 24, 2016, 08:37:11 pm »

(semantics)
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: October 24, 2016, 10:30:37 pm »

Reserti scowls at the man, "You could have her back within the week as opposed to a few years. Your wife, too. Seeing as though you don't seem to be grasping the concept..." Reserti pulls out five credits, "I have half what I need with me, nearly three times as much back in my dorm. Do you understand me? I can pay for your daughter's resurrection and your wife's."
"Look, I'm not even going to ask for the full price back. I'm not even charging interest, nor am I designating a deadline. Functionally, you don't even need to pay me back. Why are you hostile towards me? I understand your loss, I really do."

((Toyed with in Eragon. The Ancient elven language has the power to do a ton of things in ordinary conversation))

"Oh I understand exactly what you mean, Elf." The man hissed back poisonously. "Your 'contract' would allow you to take my daughter away from me, claim her as your own to do with as you please, don't take me for a Fool, Elf. I may be broken now, but I'll get up, I'll get them back and without your god-awful contract peeking over my shoulders looking to take my daughter away at any moment. If you wanted to help, you could just give the money.. But you're not, are you? you want to bind me, bind my family to your Contract, to your rule, to become the master of our lives..

If you've no real intention to help then leave, Elf."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: October 25, 2016, 02:56:46 am »

((Elves in Castle do not communicate nor have they ever communicated in the Tongue and Song of Arcane. It's p damned hard to communicate when you're singtalking in a manner that sounds like five different people are saying completely different things.))

((Anyways. Mind quoting anything that needs me to give input on, such as castings/other stuff?))

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1854 on: October 25, 2016, 03:04:38 am »

"If you will not listen to reason, then listen to logic. You saw what happened with your attempt, and I doubt you'd be put into any position where you could 'get them' after last night's events. I'm not trying to take Anna from you. All I'm saying is that if I pay for her resurrection, and you pull another scheme like last night, she'll go to any remaining family, godparents if that fails, then to me as a last resort. I am an elf, yes, and you are a human. That makes no difference to me. What I do care about is ensuring that I'm not paying for Anna to be executed a second time because you didn't learn from the first. The life of a child is sacred to my people. Innocence is a virtue you'll not find anywhere else but a child."
Reserti continues glaring, "And I don't want her to be murdered a second time because someone couldn't set aside a petty grievance. I am only involving myself in that contract to ensure Anna is properly taken care of. I know that nothing means more to you than Anna, or we wouldn't be sitting here having this chat. I will do everything in my power to ensure Anna is able to live life. I would lay down my life for that of a child. Do not scold me on the basis of my race when I am trying to ensure we don't need to have this chat again."
"Let me be clear once again, human. I have no intention of stealing Anna from you. Giving you the money straight up is the fastest way to get my head on the chopping block for underminng the effectiveness of last night's execution. I am not doing this for you, I am doing this for Anna. She deserves life."
Reserti can see that the man has become very worked up over this. He stands up and steps back.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 03:48:53 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: October 25, 2016, 03:09:36 am »

Khaiden sends his senses toward the storm, trying to separate the storm from the creatures within in his Soul Sight. He also tests his power by trying to separate a part of the storm to shape and move according to his will. This could be a source of power.

Regon goes back to his garden and begins his ritual, carefully placing his totems in each corner of the circle, he marks each one with his own blood before turning to himself and beginning to trace his runes with blood, once he finishes the preparations he begins to chant, drawing life into his body and using it to strengthen his mind and body.

(This will go on until someone interrupts him or it's time to set out)

Dexter takes out his knife and begins carving the summoning circle into the ground. It will be ably 20 meters from the VTOL and roughly 10 meters in diameter.

Once the circle is complete, he will begin the spell. He begins chanting in traditional Elvish, asking a demon to appear before them in exchange for mana. For now he puts  40 20 monkeys worth of mana into the spell.
Melnakos begins to put wards around the ritual circle. He puts 25 monkeys worth of mana into it.
Danh inhales, puffing his chest out, before exhaling, agitated.
"Fine." He says through clenched teeth.
"This time only." Danh finishes, voice filled with angry venom. And with that, he begins walking off.
Thank you sir, you won't regret it.

To Ratodx:

What's his problem ? Every time we even mention magic - or get anywhere near him, for that matter - he blows up in our faces.

"I don't know and sincerely thought we wouldn't get that much. Alright, Dexter, Melnakos, let's go make some bargains."

Assuming Melnakos consents to doing general safety  Warding and specific Being Warding for Dexter's AOE, we'll go through the local low power Unholies and Undead that Dexter feels comfortable Summoning. Using VTOL mana to fuel all the things, we will offer them mana for compliance, mana for relevant information, mana for another source of information on the subject, and mana for another source of information that is as powerful as the summoned subject. We will be asking about the Vampire, the Manor, the contents there within, the Storm, and the contents there within.

Also we still need the Gauss Rifle, Flares, 2 Tranq rifles and a spare mag for each to be delivered.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 03:12:01 am by somemildmanneredidiot »
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: October 25, 2016, 03:19:07 am »

[Roll Hidden] You gaze towards the Storm. It's pretty far away but you Think you can detect a few souls in the dead center. You are unsure about size.

You attempt to reach towards the storm to harvest it as energy. It.. Doesn't really work. You're pretty sure it's actively tugging its strands out of the way. Must be a damn strong Foci if it's aware enough to defend itself.

Regon goes back to his garden and begins his ritual, carefully placing his totems in each corner of the circle, he marks each one with his own blood before turning to himself and beginning to trace his runes with blood, once he finishes the preparations he begins to chant, drawing life into his body and using it to strengthen his mind and body.

(This will go on until someone interrupts him or it's time to set out)
[18+2(Skill/stats)+4(Prep)=24] You begin strengthening your body and senses. x0.2 modifier to physical stats for 28 hours.

Melnakos begins to put wards around the ritual circle. He puts 25 monkeys worth of mana into it.
You set up the wards with minimal difficulty, reducing the potential of backlash from botched summonings.
Dexter takes out his knife and begins carving the summoning circle into the ground. It will be ably 20 meters from the VTOL and roughly 10 meters in diameter.

Once the circle is complete, he will begin the spell. He begins chanting in traditional Elvish, asking a demon to appear before them in exchange for mana. For now he puts  40 20 monkeys worth of mana into the spell.
What kind of demon are you looking for? What relative strength level? And are you looking for a Contracting or a Manifesting?

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: October 25, 2016, 07:13:48 am »

"I can detect a few souls inside the storm. It's too strong for me to try and separate a part of it, so the Foci must be very powerful. On the plus side that means destroying or seizing control of the Foci should disperse or give us control of the storm. The downside is that again, it's very powerful and I don't know what will happen if we enter it. Do you think a test would be a good idea with a living creature? It doesn't have to be sapient."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: October 25, 2016, 07:22:20 am »

We want something on the weaker side of the spectrum. We just need information from it, so I think contracting will do? What do you think @somemildmanneredidiot?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 02:57:58 pm by S34N1C »

Glory to United Forenia!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: October 25, 2016, 01:08:56 pm »

"If you will not listen to reason, then listen to logic. You saw what happened with your attempt, and I doubt you'd be put into any position where you could 'get them' after last night's events. I'm not trying to take Anna from you. All I'm saying is that if I pay for her resurrection, and you pull another scheme like last night, she'll go to any remaining family, godparents if that fails, then to me as a last resort. I am an elf, yes, and you are a human. That makes no difference to me. What I do care about is ensuring that I'm not paying for Anna to be executed a second time because you didn't learn from the first. The life of a child is sacred to my people. Innocence is a virtue you'll not find anywhere else but a child."
Reserti continues glaring, "And I don't want her to be murdered a second time because someone couldn't set aside a petty grievance. I am only involving myself in that contract to ensure Anna is properly taken care of. I know that nothing means more to you than Anna, or we wouldn't be sitting here having this chat. I will do everything in my power to ensure Anna is able to live life. I would lay down my life for that of a child. Do not scold me on the basis of my race when I am trying to ensure we don't need to have this chat again."
"Let me be clear once again, human. I have no intention of stealing Anna from you. Giving you the money straight up is the fastest way to get my head on the chopping block for underminng the effectiveness of last night's execution. I am not doing this for you, I am doing this for Anna. She deserves life."
Reserti can see that the man has become very worked up over this. He stands up and steps back.

"You dare.. you DARE think that I am some stupid FUCK that would do such a thing again after my own FUCKING Daughter got shot right in front of my FUCKING Face!?" Yep, the father definitely is worked up, gently placing his daughter back down on the floor, he shakily gets up.

"We humans must be SO stupid to you, aren't we? that we can't even THINK for ourselves, that we have no LOGIC at all, is that it!? is that what this is!? FUCK you elf! FUCK YOU!" it's really amazing how he can shout after his throat's all gone to shit from last night. Anger sure does a lot to a grieving man.

"I hope you've had your fun, Elf. I've got work to do." The man said seethingly. "But first.."

The man steps forward towards you, before you could let out any warning or step further back, he delivers a swift kick at your knee!

[Nat 20+5]

Pain exploded within your leg, shooting up your spine. Unable to stay upright, you fall onto your back, you tried to scream but only a pitiful whimper came out as your throat couldn't quite produce the volume of scream you tried to let out, you thought getting stabbed and dying was painful, but this is worse. This is so, so much worse.

You're no doctor, but you know your leg shouldn't be bending that way!

There wasn't any visible bleeding, and your body refuses to go into shock, leaving you with the kind of pain you did not know possible, your Con 6 did not help the matter at all. You vaguely feel tears running down your face freely as your brain try to take account of all the damage.

A thick glob of spit splattered against your visor, what working parts of your brain remains deducted that it must've come from the father that have picked his dead daughter up and is leaving.

Pain.

So much pain.

Words hard.

Think hard.

Pain.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 01:16:13 pm by vkiNm »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 201