Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159724 times)

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1830 on: October 24, 2016, 04:41:55 pm »

Danh is back in the quarters, obsessively checking over his LMG again.
That orc could keep his weird ass magic to himself.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: October 24, 2016, 04:42:59 pm »

Dexter takes out his knife and begins carving the summoning circle into the ground. It will be ably 20 meters from the VTOL and roughly 10 meters in diameter.

Once the circle is complete, he will begin the spell. He begins chanting in traditional Elvish, asking a demon to appear before them in exchange for mana. For now he puts  40 20 monkeys worth of mana into the spell.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 04:55:32 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: October 24, 2016, 04:43:24 pm »

No, I've nothing against vk's GM abilities, it's just that I've been gradually growing more displeased with the level of gleeful bloodthirstiness which you've been infusing in it, and has been confirmed with that senseless execution. I was uncertain over continuing or not, as can be seen by my latter posts, but finally I've had enough.

If you want to keep the character as an NPC, be my guest.

[Senseless execution? what ever do you mean? It was completely logical and acceptable from Akras's viewpoint.

The Father was becoming rebellious, and this might encourage the same for others. But if Akras simply executes the Father, that will leave his daughter resentful and possibly becoming a problem down the line, plus the Father could still work, thus it would've turn his profitable factor to none at all. You can't make profit from dead employees.

Executing his daughter, on the other hand, was the most profitable route for them. The girl herself won't be able to work very much until years later, so she won't be making much of a profit anyway until later. Killing her will ensure that no other villagers will try to rebel, and give the father a reason to work his ass off for Akras, increasing his profit even further as he try to gather enough money for Resurrection services for both his wife and Daughter. He knows they could be brought back, he knows if he rebel again, he'll get shot next and then no one will be there to rez his wife and daughter, and thus, he won't try to rebel.

And Akras knows this, the Doctor knows this. She informed them of this, even, instruct them on how to buy a Rez service.

What would Akras have had done, then? ask them to pay a fine for attempted murder? letting them know that it's O-K to try and attack a Terran employee?

or kill the father, leaving the daughter to stew with resentment and cause problems down the line?

or kill both of them and lose valuable manpower?

if you can think of a more profitable way for Akras to react to that, I'm all ears.]

((The chat was highly amusing in terms of how badly it would have gone, too.))
"Look, I'm thinking of doing something for you, but you've got to be completely honest with me if you want me to do it. I can pay for her resurrection. Do you understand me? Anna can be brought back to life. Now, what happened?"

That seems to get his attention for a bit. Maybe it's because you're not wearing the uniform too?

"They.. killed my wife.. destroyed my village.. I wanted to hurt them back.. but I couldn't.. they were bad shots, but there were too many..

and now.. because of me.. Anna is dead too.." The man said slowly, each word pained him. His shaking hand caresses his daughter's hair lightly as she continues to hold her close, sitting there pitifully.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: October 24, 2016, 04:47:03 pm »

You.. Are aware Castle is a High Lethality system correct? This has been stated from the getgo.
ER was a high lethality game: many player characters died, and few survivors kept their limbs for long.
Keep in mind that Amadou was actually vkiNm's first Player Kill
Precisely! Castle is becoming an horror show - only not about killing PCs in fun and imaginative ways, but seeing what new ways to inflict suffering the PCs and GMs can come up with.

Here's another specific example - and I'm not discussing it, I'm already leaving the game so discussion is moot: using souls is a powerful mana source, right, but you insist that it must be done in the most gruesome way possible, with screeching, cut throats, blood running, bodies rotting, etc. and refuse to back down from it.

Well, have fun, but it's not my thing.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: October 24, 2016, 04:49:46 pm »

(The point is we're the bad guys. Description is part of storytelling...)
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: October 24, 2016, 04:53:04 pm »

Vhan to Ratodx

I should be able to locate and disable any traps we come across. In terms of scouting I have a high perception and can normally sneak around a manor undetected. Not really sure how well I'll do against a Vampire though.

"Once we're in the Storm, we'll be relying on you and Khaiden to notice and mark targets. It'll be dark as shit, so your eyes will be of especially use."

Dexter takes out his knife and begins carving the summoning circle into the ground. It will be ably 20 meters from the VTOL and roughly 10 meters in diameter.

Once the circle is complete, he will begin the spell. He begins chanting in traditional Elvish, asking a demon to appear before them in exchange for mana. For now he puts 40 monkeys worth of mana into the spell.

"Remember that we're going for the weak ones first, and only the bigger ones if we can't get the intel we need."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: October 24, 2016, 04:55:30 pm »

You.. Are aware Castle is a High Lethality system correct? This has been stated from the getgo.
ER was a high lethality game: many player characters died, and few survivors kept their limbs for long.
Keep in mind that Amadou was actually vkiNm's first Player Kill
Precisely! Castle is becoming an horror show - only not about killing PCs in fun and imaginative ways, but seeing what new ways to inflict suffering the PCs and GMs can come up with.

Here's another specific example - and I'm not discussing it, I'm already leaving the game so discussion is moot: using souls is a powerful mana source, right, but you insist that it must be done in the most gruesome way possible, with screeching, cut throats, blood running, bodies rotting, etc. and refuse to back down from it.

Well, have fun, but it's not my thing.
Since you seem to have not been paying any attention whatsoever. IHSS Reactors. Aka Fusion Reactor Waste Heat converted into Mana is Far more efficient than souls And is being used right now inthread. The main issue is portability. Making monkeys the most reasonable option for when a Magi doesn't have a conveniently placed Massive fucking fusion reactor laying around.

Castle at no point has been placing the characters in the shoes of happy go lucky heros who use friendship and hugs. Castle has been placing the characters in the shoes of employees of a profit focused corporation. The only thing that matters to Akras is Profit.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: October 24, 2016, 04:58:18 pm »

"Remember that we're going for the weak ones first, and only the bigger ones if we can't get the intel we need."
((Edited to 20 monkeys))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: October 24, 2016, 06:10:05 pm »

Regon goes back to his garden and begins his ritual, carefully placing his totems in each corner of the circle, he marks each one with his own blood before turning to himself and beginning to trace his runes with blood, once he finishes the preparations he begins to chant, drawing life into his body and using it to strengthen his mind and body.

(This will go on until someone interrupts him or it's time to set out)
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: October 24, 2016, 07:06:14 pm »

Melnakos begins to put wards around the ritual circle. He puts 25 monkeys worth of mana into it.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: October 24, 2016, 07:20:18 pm »

(Seanic, from what i know, occultism chanting isn't a mundane language, it's magic in nature, traditional elvish wouldn't be the correct language for rituals)
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1841 on: October 24, 2016, 07:25:50 pm »

That seems to get his attention for a bit. Maybe it's because you're not wearing the uniform too?
"They.. killed my wife.. destroyed my village.. I wanted to hurt them back.. but I couldn't.. they were bad shots, but there were too many..
and now.. because of me.. Anna is dead too.." The man said slowly, each word pained him. His shaking hand caresses his daughter's hair lightly as she continues to hold her close, sitting there pitifully.
"Look, when I heard her call for you last night, my heart bled. I planned to take her on a flight so she wouldn't have to witness the execution of her father. Frankly, I could live with myself if you had been executed. But the execution of an innocent child? I had no idea that it was their intention to execute her, and if I had known, I would have tried to stop it."

Reserti sighs, "When you went at them with a knife, what did you think was going to happen? You can't be stupid enough to think that you'd get away with it scot-free. Yes, Akras destroyed everything you knew. Yes, your wife was killed. And yes, I do feel sorrow for you on both of those points. However, what you did was wrong, even if it was ineffective. You did need to be punished; pacified, even, but I think that this was the wrong way to do it. Are you hearing what I'm saying?"

Reserti looks at Anna's face, struggling not to vomit. "This is sick. The murder of an innocent, let alone a child, is never justifiable. And even if it's not right, you had a part in your daughter's murder. So here's what I'm proposing."
Reserti pauses, "I'll pay as much as I can to have Anna resurrected on a number of circumstances. Number one: You owe me. You repay me the total amount of money that this is going to cost me. You will work for Akras to raise the funds for this debt. Number two: In no way, shape or form are you to sabotage, attack, assault or insult Akras or their assets, nor will you initiate or follow any movement which does so. You will be subject to surveillance to this effect. Number three: If something were to happen to you, whatever family of yours remains and her godparents, I am to be named as the next in line for the possession of the child. Number four: If, at any time, you are found to breach this agreement, Anna will be taken from you and relocated to another family and you will be forbidden from being within a twenty-meter radius of her. I will personally assure her safety in the event of her confiscation."

Reserti stops for breath, "Do you find these terms agreeable? In short, if I pay for Anna's resurrection, you work your arse off and keep your nose clean or she'll be taken away. If she's got nowhere else to go in times of need, she can come to me. I am no professional at contracts, and as such I will be getting one of the Akras professionals to draft a formal contract up to the effect of the terms stated."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 07:29:23 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: October 24, 2016, 07:27:56 pm »

(Seanic, from what i know, occultism chanting isn't a mundane language, it's magic in nature, traditional elvish wouldn't be the correct language for rituals)
((By "traditional" I meant ancient. Not the kind of elvish Dexter would speak normally. Anyhow, you get the gist))

Glory to United Forenia!

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: October 24, 2016, 07:32:22 pm »

(I dont think in ancient times all elves spoke a magical language, just nit picking)

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: October 24, 2016, 07:37:21 pm »

Nods

Understand Ratodx
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 201