Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159747 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1785 on: October 24, 2016, 02:04:32 pm »

((Afternoonish next day? Thanks.))

"...nnn...no!...Let gooo... NOOO!"
Amadou manages to get free from the monkeys that kept holding him by startling awake. Sweating and panting, the light pounds the back of his eyes, but the hangover is infinitely better than the monkeys.
Squinting and shading his eyes, he tries to figure out where he is, and why his body hurts in so many places.
"Where am I?"
Judging by the sterile white ceiling and the noises of what sounds like medical machinery. You're in the medical building.

As for why you hurt everywhere. You're Pretty sure drunk!you thought it was a good idea to take an unarmored, low quality trike out for a ride. You can't remember much after that. It probably didn't end well.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: October 24, 2016, 02:11:00 pm »

"Some old magic asshole isn't gonna do shit against a gauss." Danh says.

"Unless it can ignore physical things. Like a spirit. Which we're pretty sure the vamp is eating. Somehow."

Ignoring Khaiden's comment he turns back to Ratodx
"So bozz, wot prep do we been needin'? I can set us up wiv sum blessin's but the git'z that wan' it will needa agree to act on behalf of da spirits."

"Hmmm. While useful, we can't operate with any restrictions or needing to prioritize targets because of a spirit telling us to. You should prepare the rituals for yourself in any case as you're likely already operating as the spirits would want you too. Remember to use the VTOL to power it."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: October 24, 2016, 02:18:24 pm »

Danh scoffs. "Spirits? Alright, I can accept magic as being a thing, but spirits? Yeah, I don't think so. Besides, if this thing was a ghost, then why the hell would it need blood, huh?"

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: October 24, 2016, 02:19:10 pm »

Regon looks back at ratodx confused.
"uh, bozz, i was just koinda meanin' dat dey shuld respect da spirits and 'dere wishes, im not askin' fa any git to becum a conduit of da spirits like me, just dun do anythin' dat'd hurt da spirits."
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: October 24, 2016, 02:25:47 pm »

Regon looks back at ratodx confused.
"uh, bozz, i was just koinda meanin' dat dey shuld respect da spirits and 'dere wishes, im not askin' fa any git to becum a conduit of da spirits like me, just dun do anythin' dat'd hurt da spirits."

"Ah, my mistake. Then a ritual for increased awareness and strength would be useful. How long can you makea ritual last, assuminh we're using the VTOL to power it?"

Danh scoffs. "Spirits? Alright, I can accept magic as being a thing, but spirits? Yeah, I don't think so. Besides, if this thing was a ghost, then why the hell would it need blood, huh?"
"No saying it's not a vamp. What I am saying is that we should be prepared in case it eats the Gauss somehow. Magic and all that."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: October 24, 2016, 02:26:55 pm »

Danh stays silent, mentally cursing magic.
Fucking magic.
Wishes he could punch magic.
Grumble grumble

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1791 on: October 24, 2016, 02:29:47 pm »

Reserti walks over to the man and rests a hand on his shoulder, "Hey there," he says gently

((wait - why would it be late afternoon? even I can't sleep that long. We went from early afternoon to 2300, then from 0000 to after 1500? I cant see that happening.))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: October 24, 2016, 02:31:07 pm »

The man does not reply or do anything to show that he noticed Reserti's presence at all.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: October 24, 2016, 02:34:19 pm »

((It be afternoon.))

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1794 on: October 24, 2016, 02:37:15 pm »

"The punishment of children for the actions of others is unjustifiable. She had done no wrong, even if you had. What was her name?"

((I saw your post earlier saying that, but why/how would it be afternoon? Even sleep-deprived me cant sleep for 12 hours straight after having an hours rest from 6-8 hours sleep))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: October 24, 2016, 02:39:46 pm »

Ratodx gets a special look in his eyes. "That- that has use. I've got a few ideas for things we can do, but first I'm going to want to have Melnakos set up some proper warding to help prevent things from going wrong."
Can do, I'll wait for the wards to be set up, then demonstrate. Is there anything nearby that could be an adequate sacrifice? I've only ever used my own blood (similar to the way Regon cuts his palms), and that doesn't provide that much power.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: October 24, 2016, 02:41:55 pm »

The man continues to not reply for a while longer. Until, with a hoarse, broken voice, he whispered. "Anna.."
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: October 24, 2016, 02:42:07 pm »

Ratodx gets a special look in his eyes. "That- that has use. I've got a few ideas for things we can do, but first I'm going to want to have Melnakos set up some proper warding to help prevent things from going wrong."
Can do, I'll wait for the wards to be set up, then demonstrate. Is there anything nearby that could be an adequate sacrifice? I've only ever used my own blood (similar to the way Regon cuts his palms), and that doesn't provide that much power.

Ratodx points at the VTOL. He will keep pointing at it until Dexter understands.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: October 24, 2016, 02:42:16 pm »

Pulling out his PDA, Danh begins to write up what should be done with him, should he be injured, maimed, or killed.

1. Don't use magic on me. In any way shape or form. This includes magic by-products, and things that have magic in them, or had parts or a part in them made from or with magic in any way.
2. Don't let any magis or ex-magis do anything to my corpse remotely magical.
3. Cloning and prosthetics are fine, so long as neither has any magic in them directly, or by proxy, like rule 1.

That should be good. He'll add more to it later if he needs to.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: October 24, 2016, 02:50:56 pm »

Ratodx points at the VTOL. He will keep pointing at it until Dexter understands.

((Dexter does not understand.))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 201