Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159750 times)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1770 on: October 24, 2016, 01:19:35 pm »

Khaiden would very possibly have knowledge on spectral and ethereal undead. He'd also theoretically have the capacity to make them, although an occultism specialty would help with that.

(Khaiden hasn't tried to and in fact didn't know he could. He was focused on survival for most of his adult life, not conquest.)
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: October 24, 2016, 01:20:33 pm »

((Very true. He still has the Capacity.))

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: October 24, 2016, 01:21:22 pm »

"Well as long as ya can get me sum betta gea' you can use muh credz for da squad. But for da spirit side of fings, Da woods be dyin', da swarm be gettin' redy for a biggun feast, probly frum if da forest dies completly an' da windz be all excited for da storm."

"The storm itself is such a strong source of Necromanctic energy that detecting Undead in it would be almost impossible. I'm going to wait for our squad leader's decision. I'd also advise taking one of the Akras language classes to better make yourself understood."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: October 24, 2016, 01:23:11 pm »

"I am not the "raise undying legions" type of Necromancer, so I know little about the Undead. Vampires drink blood and can come from Necromancers who died particularly...emotional deaths. I can detect life, Undeath, and any mixes but other than that it's pretty iffy. Since the living are quite numerous here, although there's at least one less after the excitement the other day, and aren't our current mission detecting Undeath will be my main part in this.

Also now that you've seen a demonstration of Arkras policy I hope you better understand our jobs. If murder solves the problem best, then murder is what we do. I do have to say that I disagree with what happened though."

(I hope you guys realize that you've been mistreating and being very rude to someone whose background has a lot in common with serial and spree killer profiles who not only has done at least one spree killing, but is also a serial killer and wields powerful death magic. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BullyingADragon)

Ratodx nods. "The primary point of our disagree-ance seems to be deciding when murder solves the problem best and what Akras's priorities are in terms of profit. In any case, that you for the knowledge and skill assessment. If you could do some scans of the area, regardless of how the Storm is covering up signals, while I check in with the others and let me know if you learn anything, it would be greatly appreciated."

((You say mistreatment, I say adjusting to forum posting. In any case, who isn't a serial killer on this squad anyway? At least 4 to 6 of us qualify.))
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: October 24, 2016, 01:25:03 pm »

"Very well."

Khaiden starts trying to detect any Undead or otherwise Necromantic presences that aren't the storm.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: October 24, 2016, 01:28:33 pm »

"Very well."

Khaiden starts trying to detect any Undead or otherwise Necromantic presences that aren't the storm.
You are unable to pick up any undead or necromantic signatures that aren't in the direction of the storm. Although as normal, quite literally all the Akras provided armor has souls in it. Yay wards.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: October 24, 2016, 01:31:46 pm »

"Nope. I'm guessing what we're looking for is in or around the storm. Depending on its intelligence it may even be using the storm to hide. One of the worst-case scenarios is that it's powerful enough to be causing the storm."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: October 24, 2016, 01:35:48 pm »

"Well as long as ya can get me sum betta gea' you can use muh credz for da squad. But for da spirit side of fings, Da woods be dyin', da swarm be gettin' redy for a biggun feast, probly frum if da forest dies completly an' da windz be all excited for da storm."

"I can do dat ya. Hmmm. Isn't much good, but useful. Thanks Regon."

"Nope. I'm guessing what we're looking for is in or around the storm. Depending on its intelligence it may even be using the storm to hide. One of the worst-case scenarios is that it's powerful enough to be causing the storm."
"My money's on the last one, if only because that's the one that's going to make our job more difficult."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: October 24, 2016, 01:40:22 pm »

((What time is it?))
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: October 24, 2016, 01:44:43 pm »

((What time is it?))

((Adventure Time!))

((Afternoonish. You're still in medical.))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: October 24, 2016, 01:47:14 pm »

Mako chipped in as she filled in the requisitions for Ratodx. "The vampire's stupidly old, right? Maybe not as old as our bosses, though. And seeing as Gaia is a..." Mako fumbled for words for a moment as she remembered that she , Danh, and Amadou are the only Terrans in the squad. "...Technologically developing world. It's definitely going to be well-versed in magic."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 01:49:14 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: October 24, 2016, 01:52:49 pm »

Mako chipped in as she filled in the requisitions for Ratodx. "The vampire's stupidly old, right? Maybe not as old as our bosses, though. And seeing as Gaia is a..." Mako fumbled for words for a moment as she remembered that she , Danh, and Amadou are the only Terrans in the squad. "...Technologically developing world. It's definitely going to be well-versed in magic."

"No idea specifically. If you're Undead you don't need to worry about the same things killing you if you're Alive. I'd guess the vamp has been around for over a century at least, considering the 83 years and needing to set up the Manor in the first place. Plenty of time to become a crafty fucker."

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: October 24, 2016, 01:54:49 pm »

((Afternoonish next day? Thanks.))

"...nnn...no!...Let gooo... NOOO!"
Amadou manages to get free from the monkeys that kept holding him by startling awake. Sweating and panting, the light pounds the back of his eyes, but the hangover is infinitely better than the monkeys.
Squinting and shading his eyes, he tries to figure out where he is, and why his body hurts in so many places.
"Where am I?"
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: October 24, 2016, 01:56:39 pm »

"Some old magic asshole isn't gonna do shit against a gauss." Danh says.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: October 24, 2016, 02:00:13 pm »

Ignoring Khaiden's comment he turns back to Ratodx
"So bozz, wot prep do we been needin'? I can set us up wiv sum blessin's but the git'z that wan' it will needa agree to act on behalf of da spirits."
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 201