Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159813 times)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1695 on: October 23, 2016, 08:40:03 pm »

(You hadn't said you'd turned them off. Should we assume that they get turned off after using them?)
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: October 23, 2016, 08:42:32 pm »

((I was just assuming that it was on a push-to-talk system or maybe a toggle))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: October 23, 2016, 08:45:55 pm »

(Given the nature of the work, one that needs to be shut off would make more sense. That way death or other hazards wouldn't automatically result in a lost connection and might provide information.)

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: October 23, 2016, 08:46:46 pm »

(That makes 0 sense, no one would be able to use comms over the sound of gunfire)
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: October 23, 2016, 08:47:03 pm »

((I was just assuming that it was on a push-to-talk system or maybe a toggle))

((Same tis why I always clarify when Vhan is talking into coms.))
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: October 23, 2016, 08:50:07 pm »

(Given the nature of the work, one that needs to be shut off would make more sense. That way death or other hazards wouldn't automatically result in a lost connection and might provide information.)
((Like I said, a toggle))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: October 23, 2016, 08:53:04 pm »

((Like I said, a toggle))

OK. vkiNm or Kevak are running it so we should ask them.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1702 on: October 23, 2016, 09:20:28 pm »

Dep. Loremaster here. Until said otherwise, for the sake of progress, it's a push-to-talk or toggle.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: October 23, 2016, 09:55:29 pm »

Dep. Loremaster here. Until said otherwise, for the sake of progress, it's a push-to-talk or toggle.

((With that sorted.))

"Well... It's quite long, so I'll tell it in parts. First off, my name isn't actually Reserti. When I told the recruiting person my real name, they asked if I'd like to be called something a bit easier to pronounce, so I chose Reserti. The name I'm known by outside of Akras is Glawardír. That's the name known to my beloved. But you can keep calling me Reserti if you wish, I don't really care."
"My village had fallen on hard times recently. Bandits and Orc Warbands were frequently sighted and twice made an attempt to pillage the village. We lost a few good Elves, but we prevailed. On my 80th birthday, I joined the Village Guard as a mounted archer. Three more attacks were made between me joining the guard and my leaving the village." Reserti lifts his right hand and shows Ratodx a small round scar, "Orcish arrow got me while I was collecting my gear. Iúlwen healed it up for me, as she had done many times."
"After the third attack, I decided something must be done. I gathered my two closest friends and whispered goodbye to my fair Iúlwen in the dead of the night. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. My friends and I roamed the skies until about midday, searching for something which could take out the local warbands."
"We ended up flying right over a warband camp without noticing. The arrows came thick and fast, but thankfully there were few skilled archers among them. We lured the combatants away and annihilated them from the skies, dropping stones when we ran out of arrows. When we collected our arrows afterwards, my closest friend collapsed. He had been hiding a wound from us, knowing we would panic. The wound proved fatal, and he..." Reserti sniffs, seemingly unable to go any further.

Ratodx pats the kid on his back. "It's alright, I got an idea. I can see why Akras is something you joined up with. But hey, they brought Amadou back. If you get the credits it shouldn't be that hard for Akras to bring your friends back. Might even get enough if we find some things Akras will like while doing this Hunt. Then we can have three hot shot elvish bowmen on the squad eh?"
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: October 23, 2016, 10:05:49 pm »

While Ratodx and Reserti is having a heart-to-heart talk, Dexter and Regon presumably make it back to the squad housing once again.

They haven't even got one step inside before sounds of commotion going on coming from the village, specifically from the Re-Educator's tent.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: October 23, 2016, 10:13:31 pm »

While Ratodx and Reserti is having a heart-to-heart talk, Dexter and Regon presumably make it back to the squad housing once again.

They haven't even got one step inside before sounds of commotion going on coming from the village, specifically from the Re-Educator's tent.

"...Well, we can continue talking later. Time to gear up and check whatever that is out." As they were all walking back together, Ratodx dashes into their housing and begins putting his gear on and helping others gear up as they need it.
"WAKEY WAKEY! Looks like some shit is going on in the village. Get your gear on and your ass moving, this is likely to go to shit and we ain't leaving our helmets off this time around!"
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1706 on: October 23, 2016, 10:15:22 pm »

Reserti lets out a piercing whistle for his bird and strings his bow.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: October 23, 2016, 10:15:49 pm »

Melnakos stands up from his bunk. I'm already prepared comrade.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: October 23, 2016, 10:16:34 pm »

Melnakos stands up from his bunk. I'm already prepared comrade.
"Perfection. Help me get this suit on then."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: October 23, 2016, 10:18:50 pm »

Melnakos helps Ratodx into his suit.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 201