Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159930 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1350 on: October 19, 2016, 05:34:23 pm »

Dexter finishes his beer , throws away the bottle, and grabs another, already very tipsy.

Food! *hic* Yummy.

Dexter sits and tries to eat his soup.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: October 19, 2016, 05:36:35 pm »

Khaiden chokes down more quick-draw nutrient paste and looks at the food enviously.

He reminds himself he just needs to be patient enough until he can afford a new body.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: October 19, 2016, 05:41:55 pm »

Khaiden chokes down more quick-draw nutrient paste and looks at the food enviously.

He reminds himself he just needs to be patient enough until he can afford a new body.

Don't worry Khaiden when ya get ya new body we'll have a feast.

Dexter finishes his beer , throws away the bottle, and grabs another, already very tipsy.

Food! *hic* Yummy.

Dexter sits and tries to eat his soup.

Vhan laughs at how quickly Dexter is getting drunk

You should probably slow down there Dex.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: October 19, 2016, 05:42:20 pm »

Amadou shrugs testily. "Get it yourself, damn you. So now that I'm no longer the squad leader you think you can treat me as your gopher?"

As Amadou is coming back in, he overhears Danh. "So I'm not good enough even for that? Well, excuse me, if you guys hold me in such low esteem I think I should just go back to the infirmary where I belong"
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1354 on: October 19, 2016, 05:42:44 pm »

((You must have added/edited your post right after you made it - I didn't see the 'I'm coming'))
Reserti walks over to the arrow and the knife, "Can you do something for me?: he gestures to the broken arrow, "I want you to take that knife and cut the fletchings from the arrow while we talk. Do be careful - don't cut yourself, try and save the fletching for re-use. Try and work the nock out from the wood, too." Reserti pulls an arrow stained with blood from his quiver and rests that arrow on the railing, too. "It'll help calm your mind, sir, doing something with your hands will."
"It's about the knight. Sir Edsomething. I saw him go down, there's no way he could have survived his injuries after he shot you, not without some serious healing. And yet I noticed him galloping away. I gave chase and knocked him from his mount with these two arrows. As he went down, the arrow you're working on snapped and pushed it further into his back. I'm surprised it didn't bust his lungs or heart. I continued circling him for a while, shooting at him. He was obviously in extreme pain, yet he truly believed what he'd done was right."
"He's been punished for his murder of you. Seeing as though death is not a permanent condition anymore, the punishment I delivered is more than satisfactory. I need you to do me a favor, Amadou. I need you to forgive the knight. Just let it all go. He's not a threat to us anymore. This is not Terra, this is Gaia, and he was doing as his law, his honor code, dictates what he must do. I avenged you, let it go. He's an Akras employee now, and you know how much the company hates employees keeping grudges."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: October 19, 2016, 05:45:08 pm »

"When a man expects death, anything less will be seen as a mercy. I'd advise making it clear that this is not weakness on our part. I suggest amputation at least."

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: October 19, 2016, 05:46:23 pm »

Setting his bowl down with a sigh, he stares, well, more glares at Amadou, and starts to talk, straining to keep calm.
"Did I say you couldn't, Amadou? Did I? I don't think I did. If you have skill, and you would like to, by all means, do."
Today was too much.
He better not bitch about this.
His undead ass better not fucking complain.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: October 19, 2016, 05:49:22 pm »

Vhan laughs at how quickly Dexter is getting drunk

You should probably slow down there Dex.

What? I'm fiiiiiine. *hic* I could out drink you any day of the*hic* week
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1358 on: October 19, 2016, 05:51:27 pm »

((Hang on, two people are trying to talk to Amadou at once.))
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: October 19, 2016, 05:54:35 pm »

Removing his helmet and setting it down next to him, Danh replies in a rather neutral tone, "Squad needs a medic."
He takes the food, and begins to eat, hot or not, he was hungry.
Setting his bowl down with a sigh, he stares, well, more glares at Amadou, and starts to talk, straining to keep calm.
"Did I say you couldn't, Amadou? Did I? I don't think I did. If you have skill, and you would like to, by all means, do."
Today was too much.
He better not bitch about this.
His undead ass better not fucking complain.
Ratodx makes a quiet comment. "Amadou, your previous role was Squad Leader. Previously mentioning some ability to heal isn't the same as stating your expertise or ability to be a medic."

"In any case, having more than one person who can keep us patched up is a good idea. Regon can do some healing magic and Vhan knows some basic kit. Might be a good idea to get everyone set up with first aid knowledge."

((Amadou didn't go outside, therefore this conversation hapoens first.))
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: October 19, 2016, 06:03:27 pm »

((He did))
"No, I  do not think I will after this mission is over. For several reasons, and that comment is only the last of them. The main thing is to reduce the awkwardness that makes, for instance, Reseti try to show superiority on the new pecking order.

And as for you, Reseti, It's not vengeance, it's plain justice, and he was not punished, he was shot trying to escape and others died because of his actions. Even despite those other deaths, that guy deserves to be put on trial and hanged for a murder and a war crime - I did die; that I was resurrected is immaterial.
If he does get resurrected, as I've suggested to the leader, that is another matter entirely. And let me tell you that the worse monsters can believe to be doing the right thing, even as they torture and burn innocents on a public square for not believing in the same things they do. You can see the righteousness of their actions on their hate-filled spittle as they accuse others of heresy."

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: October 19, 2016, 06:05:58 pm »

"This isn't about justice, it's about Akras. Profit, Power, and the Continuation of them. Anything else is secondary."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1362 on: October 19, 2016, 06:07:48 pm »

((Did Amadou work on the arrow as Reserti suggested? It'd calm him down a bit))
((Reserti and Amadou are outside talking. Did [Kain's char] come outside?))

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: October 19, 2016, 06:09:26 pm »

Danh goes back to eating his stew, hoping that the rest of the night will be quiet.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: October 19, 2016, 06:11:15 pm »

((No, and he's pissed. He went back in after you told him to get your food.))

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 201