Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159917 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1335 on: October 19, 2016, 04:48:38 pm »

"Yes, it was on the VTOL with a microwave oven and an inverter, so we can plug it to the trike and heat it up for the vampire. Anything else, or can I go off-duty?

By the way, did you pass that message up the ladder?"
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1336 on: October 19, 2016, 04:51:54 pm »

"The knight? I already told you, I'm not planning to mess with anyone. I already apologised to the knight. I was going to tell Amadou pretty much exactly what you just told me, but in nicer terms."
"While we're on the subject of the new boss, have you noticed that he's a bit... tense? It looked like he was going to punch that doctor earlier," Reserti pauses to trace where he was stabbed with a finger, "and I can completely understand his anger. However, having someone who would assault someone just because of their profession with no provocation leading our team is, in my honest opinion, a bad idea. I'm not planning a coup or anything, just voicing a concern."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: October 19, 2016, 05:00:13 pm »

"The knight? I already told you, I'm not planning to mess with anyone. I already apologised to the knight. I was going to tell Amadou pretty much exactly what you just told me, but in nicer terms."
"While we're on the subject of the new boss, have you noticed that he's a bit... tense? It looked like he was going to punch that doctor earlier," Reserti pauses to trace where he was stabbed with a finger, "and I can completely understand his anger. However, having someone who would assault someone just because of their profession with no provocation leading our team is, in my honest opinion, a bad idea. I'm not planning a coup or anything, just voicing a concern."
"Fucking with employees includes telling them to their face that you think their code of conduct is worthless. You're young for an elf, and inexperienced- and yes, you are- on top of that. When it comes to employees and hostiles, take a moment to think if what you're about to say to them will piss them the fuck off. It'll make things easier for everyone."

"Danh is too new to the position for me to make a judgement. In his credence, the moment he understood he was in command, he calmed himself down and took charge, in a fashion."

"We should head back in now, I think the new Boss went in."
Ratodx then walks back to and inside of the prefab.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: October 19, 2016, 05:04:55 pm »

Glancing at his helmet's HUD to check the time, he nods at Amadou.
"You're all free until tomorrow."
With that, he heads over to the kitchen, and begins to make a stew bar.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: October 19, 2016, 05:06:04 pm »

((Vhan is already cooking for everyone))
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1340 on: October 19, 2016, 05:09:13 pm »

Reserti stays outside for a moment, crossing his arms and leaning on the railing. "Can you tell Amadou to come out?" he calls to Ratodx just before the door closes.
He sighs and searches through his quiver until he withdraws the broken arrow shaft. Reserti had no idea where the docs put the head and half the shaft which had been stuck in the knight, but he had managed to salvage the other bit from where the knight had been knocked off his kelpie.
He turns the arrow shaft around, inspecting the fletching. It could still be used on another arrow, and the nock was fine. He pulls a small fletching knife from his belt and prepares to work on the arrow. The knife touches the wood, but without force. Reserti sighs as he realises another use of the arrow. He leaves the arrow shaft and knife resting on the railing and opens the door, "Amadou!" he calls, and makes a hand gesture indicating to come outside.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: October 19, 2016, 05:12:31 pm »

Amadou also puts his on the pot, and gets himself a beer. "I guess you didn't expect that, now... have fun with the burdens of command and the reports... To be honest, I'm not cut out for it. It's not that I'm squeamish or anything, just too scrupulous. I wanted to do it with the least deaths possible, and ended up with a pile of corpses, a Charlie Foxtrot - and dead.

Yes, I'm coming."

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1342 on: October 19, 2016, 05:14:12 pm »

Reserti calls Amadou over - again.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: October 19, 2016, 05:16:14 pm »

Sitting on the edge of the bunk, waiting for food to finish, he silently stares at the various other people through his helmet, before taking it off, and looking at the ceiling.
Last thing he'd thought he'd be doing was taking charge of them.
Well.
If today taught anything, it was that someone needed to be a medic, and they needed to learn how to use guns, and not rely on magic.
That would be for later, though.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 19, 2016, 05:17:12 pm »

Vhan sets the table and yells to Reserti

You guys can talk after. Food's ready.

Vhan begins to serve the stew into bowels one for each of the teammates excluding Khaiden.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: October 19, 2016, 05:18:55 pm »

"What? I'm here!"

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1346 on: October 19, 2016, 05:25:08 pm »

((Reserti's half-inside the door calling Amadou to come outside for a chat))
"Amadou, grab my serving, I feel like eating outside for the moment."
((Would it be late afternoon, dusk or night?))

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 19, 2016, 05:28:40 pm »

((Afternoon, tending to late))
((Amadou has been with you for my last two posts...))

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 19, 2016, 05:31:13 pm »

Vhan sets the table and yells to Reserti

You guys can talk after. Food's ready.

Vhan begins to serve the stew into bowels one for each of the teammates excluding Khaiden.

"Thanks Vhan!" Ratodx grabs two bowls and brings one to Danh. He then sits next to the new Boss. "Copper for your thoughts?"
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 19, 2016, 05:33:27 pm »

Removing his helmet and setting it down next to him, Danh replies in a rather neutral tone, "Squad needs a medic."
He takes the food, and begins to eat, hot or not, he was hungry.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 201