Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160264 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #585 on: October 10, 2016, 06:57:44 pm »

I advise keeping it only in the OOC thread. That 'incident' wasted a perfectly good rp opportunity.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 10, 2016, 07:01:02 pm »

I advise keeping it only in the OOC thread. That 'incident' wasted a perfectly good rp opportunity.

Yeah, such a shame. Unless Kevak wants to fix that?

Anyhow, posted Explosives training.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 10, 2016, 07:02:19 pm »

((Maybe vigil should come in and train the peons in hand to hand combat basics, since he is getting to the point of actually having to make his own styles to continue improving, now.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 10, 2016, 07:02:48 pm »

Honestly I'm pretty sleepy. I might crash shortly. Sooo maybe if I don't end up napping all night?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #589 on: October 10, 2016, 07:04:02 pm »

Reserti shrugs off the carry-case for his bow and pulls it out, stringing it in one smooth movement. "You got anything you want me to shoot at in particular in order to see the effects?" He draws an arrow and nocks it. ((A block of clay with cardboard or whatnot behind it would be ideal))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 10, 2016, 07:05:16 pm »

Reserti shrugs off the carry-case for his bow and pulls it out, stringing it in one smooth movement. "You got anything you want me to shoot at in particular in order to see the effects?" He draws an arrow and nocks it. ((A block of clay with cardboard or whatnot behind it would be ideal))

"That reinforced steel plate some 300 yards out should be good." The Instructor points.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 10, 2016, 07:08:24 pm »

Vhan deciding to stretch their legs, hops of the bed and makes way to the hallway.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:50:52 am by Kuma »
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 10, 2016, 07:10:15 pm »

Khaiden practices his shooting skills. His grin is eerie.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 10, 2016, 07:11:13 pm »

Vhan deciding he needs to stretch his legs hops of the bed and makes his way into the hallway.

The hall way is quiet, devoid of life. The quietness led your mind astray, and you soon find yourself thinking about what could've been done to prevent that total squadwipe, how you could've stopped it somehow, maybe if you had only known or used your abilities to stop it or whatever..

You feel your guilt and sins crawling up your back.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 10, 2016, 07:12:16 pm »

[Just gonna move this here instead so people don't miss it.]

--

Regardless, the training will move on, post your questions and reaction before the Explosive ones.

"This here is a grenade." Says a small, lanky, wrinkled man. "It is a smart grenade, you throw it, and it goes to kill whatever's closest, do NOT throw this at friendly people, they will die. It is high-explosive Fragmentation, so whatever you throw this at is going to get shat on very hard. To use is so easy even fucking Kobolds could do it, you just twist the cannister, pull the pin and throw it. There are printed pigs set up for you a safe distance away, and one Grenade for you each. Go ahead, give 'er a toss. Do NOT drop it, it's live, it'll kill us all if you drop it. I'm going to make you jump onto it and it'll kill us all anyway."

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 10, 2016, 07:13:08 pm »

Danh hears someone leave, probably that other guy.
Weird guy.
That as probably common in these gate teams, though. Boss said to expect a lot of those backwater xenos from Gaia to show up.
Standing up, and stretching, the man wanders over to the kitchen, intent on putting on a new pot of coffee.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #596 on: October 10, 2016, 07:14:17 pm »

Reserti bites his bottom lip as he thinks out loud. "Three-hundred yards? Is that how they do distance measuring? Hmmm, I've hit harder targets." He brings the bow to half draw, "Wind: None, That weird east-to-west thingy: Negligible. Target: Armored." He brings the bow up and pulls the arrow back so that the fletching on the arrow brushes against his cheek. Something seems to trouble him for a moment, and he lowers the bow by about ten degrees and eases the draw to three-quarter draw, before bringing it back to full draw as he mouths something inaudible. The arrowtip begins to glow a cherry-red. Reserti takes a breath and waits for the rhythm of his heartbeat to slow before releasing his grip on the arrow. The string hits his arm-guard with a very audible WHAM sound and the red-hot arrow streaks towards the metal plate, smoke billowing after it. Reserti holds the bow level even after he releases, his right hand already gripping the nock of another arrow in his quiver by the time the arrow hits the plate ((Vickie, you wanna do the effect or can I? The intended effect was for the arrow to heat up even further while airborne, enough to penetrate the steel plate))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 10, 2016, 07:16:14 pm »

The air becomes thick and Vhan feels as if they are chocking. Holding back tears as they run down the hall looking for a way out. Vhan can feel the flames as if they were in the castle again. They knew skipping medication wasn't a good idea but Vhan thought they could handle it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:52:18 am by Kuma »
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 10, 2016, 07:17:10 pm »

"Fun. Can they be attached to projectiles?"
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 10, 2016, 07:22:01 pm »

Reserti bites his bottom lip as he thinks out loud. "Three-hundred yards? Is that how they do distance measuring? Hmmm, I've hit harder targets." He brings the bow to half draw, "Wind: None, That weird east-to-west thingy: Negligible. Target: Armored." He brings the bow up and pulls the arrow back so that the fletching on the arrow brushes against his cheek. Something seems to trouble him for a moment, and he lowers the bow by about ten degrees and eases the draw to three-quarter draw, before bringing it back to full draw as he mouths something inaudible. The arrowtip begins to glow a cherry-red. Reserti takes a breath and waits for the rhythm of his heartbeat to slow before releasing his grip on the arrow. The string hits his arm-guard with a very audible WHAM sound and the red-hot arrow streaks towards the metal plate, smoke billowing after it. Reserti holds the bow level even after he releases, his right hand already gripping the nock of another arrow in his quiver by the time the arrow hits the plate ((Vickie, you wanna do the effect or can I? The intended effect was for the arrow to heat up even further while airborne, enough to penetrate the steel plate))

You presumably fired an HEAT arrow, and the guided red-tipped arrow smashes into the plate with a light explosion as molten magic slams into it's plate, melting the surface slightly yet it failed to fully penetrate.

The Instructor just grins. "Well slap my ass call me daisy and fuck me sideways, ain't that just cute."

The air becomes thick and Vhan feels as if he's chocking. He holds back tears as he runs down the hall looking for a way out. He can feel the flames as if he's in the castle again. He knew skipping his medication wasn't a good idea but he thought he could handle it.

Well, he thought wrong. The Terran doctors assigned him medications and they had a very good reason for him to follow it.

The flame was following you wherever you go, just a lick away from consuming your entire being from behind. You ran, and ran, and just ran. You've no idea how long or how far you've ran but you find yourself no longer able to run and is completely lost in this forsaken underground spiral. There was no way out, nobody there and everything is terrible. You've already lost your livelihood, your clan, and now you've fucked up the first chance these amazing, wonderful people gave you after they took you in, taught you, fed you, kept you warm and clean, and now they're all DEAD because you were too much of a useless piece of shit to do anything about it,

and now they gave you a new family expecting you to just go along with it and they're going to fucking die too because you suck.

Life's shit, little man. But there's always a way out.. You still have your sidearm with you, and it's still loaded..

Gained 1 Instability!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 201