Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160230 times)

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #615 on: October 11, 2016, 12:48:37 am »

Practices taking several pictures and sending them to Amadou

"I think I've got it done but I will definitely keep practicing and keep that in mind on missions."
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 11, 2016, 04:49:08 am »

"Yes you did, well done.
And please do practice, train it to the point that it'll become so natural that you can't forget. Every trap you lay, you take a picture of it and send it to the rest of the team; and if you're uncertain whether you already sent one or not - just send another one. Do this and you'll see that everyone will be much happier to have you around.
By the way, let me have your helmet for an instant."

Amadou sets Vhan's camera to place a geoquest marker with every picture.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 05:15:49 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 11, 2016, 05:59:12 am »

This little thing? Can't do to much harm.

Dexter throws the grenade at the target.

*grenade lands near target*That's it? I thought there would be mo-
*grenade explodes*HOLY FUCK! I should have payed more attention to Amadou's presentation. . .

Ratodx leans away some as the grenade goes off. "Boss used one of those to try to deal with the Goat. He kind of underhand pitched it so it rolled on the ground towards it. I'd show you, but this boss," he gestures at the explosives instructor, "said not to drop it." Ratodx then measures himself, twists the cannister, pulls the pin, and lobs the grenade towards the printed pigs. "Remember that little things can cause big problems. Wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case."

Having thrown his grenade, Ratodx has a question or two for the explosives instructor, continuing to talk through the explosion. "You called these 'smart' grenades. What makes them smart? Why does it think that what I throw it at is closer than I am when I throw it? Boss threw a grenade along the ground at the Goat that had escaped and caused the lock down yesterday. Could he have done that with one of these smart grenades or did he have a dumb grenade? Are there average intelligence grenades, or was that a dumb question?"

"That thing your boss threw down there yesterday is what we called a 'Flash Bang', it does exactly what it's name suggest. It makes a bright flash and a loud bang that'll fuck your ears up without protection. An' they only comes in dumb varients. Most of the grenades are dumb, because shit's way cheaper than smart grenades and honestly? it gets the job done. Now, the 'average intelligence grenades' that you're talkin' about is probably one of them semi-guided glorified yard lawns, they're kind of like.. hand-throw missiles. You throw that shit at something and your helmet's camera point the thing where it's supposed to go and it flies there where you point it to. Now, Smart grenades don't need that, you throw, keep your head down and it's guidance activates after a couple of seconds, far away enough from you to know not to fly at you. Not to mention your suit will be radiating an IFF, that stands for 'Identification, Friend or Foe.' So them 'Nades won't explode or anyone with a positive IFF. Now, if there's some friendlies that's not Akras? they get fucked if they happen to be in the way. So be real careful around one of these babies, aight?"

---

With the Explosive trainings done, you were ushered to another room. This one is far smaller, and white. Kind of like that room you got your new Tattoo, only smaller. A woman in white coat is here, there's several small boxes with a large, obvious red cross on them. "Hello Everyone, I'm Doctor Zhang. And I'll be teaching you how to perform First aid today." The woman smiled sweetly as she wait for everyone to pick up a box. "Now, I'm going to need a volunteer.."
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #618 on: October 11, 2016, 06:02:06 am »

Reserti steps forward. "I'm feeling bad for getting an arrow stuck in someone's back yesterday. I'll be your volunteer."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 11, 2016, 06:32:18 am »

The doctor smiles warmly, nods and got up from her chair.

Walking over to Reserti, the smaller human hook her left leg behind his feet.. There was a moment of confusion before Dr. Zhang Flick her arm, revealing a knife hidden underneath her long sleeve in which she jams it hard between his ribcage just under his right breast, the force of the stab along with her leg hooked behind his feet was more than enough to trip him as he was shoved back by the force, causing him to land hard on his back as blood literally bursts out from the wound, spraying the Doctor's white coat in gruesome red.

[Sneak attack!]
[Bleeding!]
[Collapsed lung!]

[Prone!]
[OH GOD THE PAIN!]

The doctor calmly places the knife back on the table as Reserti could taste blood filling up in his throat, it's pushing up his mouth as he could feel himself struggling against Death, you've just had a fucking metal piece jammed in you, that shit's not pleasant. For all you know, you're dying. No elf who gets hurt this bad should be able to live through unless there's some seriously good healer mage.

"Now, your Squad mate is injured, he's got maybe one, three minutes at most to live before he either suffocate on his own blood or bleeds out. It is likely that he's suffering from a collapsed lung as well as that's where the wound is at, but with it be between his ribs, there shouldn't be any bone fractures in the way. His spine may have cracked had he landed on something, but otherwise the only problem right now is his bleeding wound." She explained calmly, pointing out the wound on the bleeding, dying elf.

"The first aid kits you're given is easy to use. Inside, you'll find a white tube with red grip, that is an autoinjector. You stab the needle into his chest, right between his breasts or into his neck and it'll save him from going into shock which in itself could lead to brain damage. Then there's a biogel spray, you tear open the cloth around his wound and spray as much of that thing onto it as possible until the wound closes, it's a wonderful micoscopic bioform that significantly accelerates the regenerations of tissue, made from Gaian plants we found to have a slight trait in that, we just made it better."

once explained on what does what, she nods. "Go ahead and try saving your friend now, usually you leave this job for someone who knows what they're doing, but in an emergency like this, everyone's help is welcomed. Do NOT stab him with more than one autoinjector, though. That'll kill him."
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:39:00 am by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 11, 2016, 06:57:04 am »

[Sneak attack!]
[Bleeding!]
[Collapsed lung!]

[Prone!]
[OH GOD THE PAIN!]
((MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! WAhahahahaha, hahaha, hah... Ye gods, my bladder is gonna leak!

A titbit of wisdom from the ancients: NEVER EVER VOLUNTEER!))

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 11, 2016, 08:24:33 am »

Khaiden will attempt to folllow her instructions.

"Might as well learn to keep people alive."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 11, 2016, 08:45:12 am »

((Er, can we say that I just gave the smolbold the bar? Sorry, I fell asleep.))
Danh had closed the fridge, and took a small taste of the coffee, still way too hot. Ergh. Looking at the two, he says, "Yes. Heavy Weapons and Explosive Ordinance. Pretty new training, though. Used to be on security detail, just got standard firearm training."
"So, how many people're going to be in this?"

Deep voice. A bit loud.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 11, 2016, 08:48:03 am »

"Yes you did, well done.
And please do practice, train it to the point that it'll become so natural that you can't forget. Every trap you lay, you take a picture of it and send it to the rest of the team; and if you're uncertain whether you already sent one or not - just send another one. Do this and you'll see that everyone will be much happier to have you around.
By the way, let me have your helmet for an instant."

Amadou sets Vhan's camera to place a geoquest marker with every picture.

"Thank you Sir. I appreciate the help."
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 11, 2016, 09:07:06 am »

My how the tables have turned

Follow the doctors instructions
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 11, 2016, 09:37:58 am »

"Right. Welcome, Danh. With you we're now eight, but I don't know if the hats are going to put someone else in the squad.

By the way guys, don't touch that jar; it's got cockroaches for an experiment and it'd be troublesome if they got free... I think next time I'll ask for them to be printed without the legs."

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 11, 2016, 10:19:17 am »

"Eight, huh? What's everyone else's designations, and I'm assuming you're our Commander, Mr...?"

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 11, 2016, 10:45:01 am »

"Amadou Niassé. Yes, I hold the burden of command until I decide otherwise, get demoted, or die... but please don't get ideas," he says with a smile, "I'm also the team's medic."

"Designations? I'll introduce you to the others when they return, unless you mean callsigns. Until our team earns a name, I think we just get numbered by seniority from the date of transfer.
If I recall correctly, Dexter would be AGT47-1, Khaiden 2, I'd be 3 but also Actual; then Melnakos, Reserti and Ratodx would be 4, 5 and 6 respectively, and you guys 7 and 8. When the team gets a name we start using it, but retain the numbers."
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:46:40 am by Maegil »

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 11, 2016, 11:09:03 am »

"Good to know, thanks. And skills? We've got you as a medic, other guy over there a trapper, right?", he asks, looking over at the kobold. "And about the bugs, are you doing magic stuff with 'em?" Danh asks as well, a brief expression of concern moving across his face

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 11, 2016, 12:14:39 pm »

"Yes,  I'm working on a magic-powering ritual. Healing magic is wondrous in its effects, but it leaves me tired. The way other Akras magi power their magic involve the sacrifice of desperate screeching monkeys, whose vitality is used to power sigils - resulting in gruesome putrefying carcasses and blood running  all over the place. There's no way something like that would ever be accepted in a hospital, so I'm going to try hygienically crushing roaches in a box, which can be silently sacrificed without any mess. It'll take a lot more of them than monkeys - one of the things I want to find out is just how many - but they're also easier to carry.

The other guys are essentially magi - a necromancer, a spellarcher, two generalist magi, and a technomage goblin. None of them has any familiarity with our weapons, so I'll appreciate if you can help me with that."

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 201