Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160307 times)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #375 on: October 04, 2016, 07:21:28 pm »

"A meme is a disease of the mind, so there should be no need to destroy the bodies. The soul, however, may be contaminated so you'd better not..."

"Darn. I'm still not fully healed, so is there something or someone I can safely drain?"
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 04, 2016, 07:30:53 pm »

((You are, I healed you all))
Aid Ratodx to the elevator, lead him to where the others are, and sit him down out of the way. Break and remove the arrow, and heal the wound. When the life-threatening wound is dealt with, work on the others.

EDIT: nevermind, the way I wrote it turns out to be ambiguous so I'll just go with whatever the GM says.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 07:34:44 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 04, 2016, 07:43:15 pm »

"See if there is a morgue down that door, but I don't think so. I'd heal you completely, but I must remain minimally fit and I'm already rather tired... It's not only the magic; an adrenaline surge always has a cost."

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 04, 2016, 07:46:52 pm »

"See if there is a morgue down that door, but I don't think so. I'd heal you completely, but I must remain minimally fit and I'm already rather tired... It's not only the magic; an adrenaline surge always has a cost."

"I need a fresher corpse to extract the soul, and those bodies have been too long without life. Very well, you will want to keep from getting within 10 feet of me for the next several minutes."

Once he and any other employees are out of the way, Khaiden is going to try to drain the life from every living thing within 10 feet. It will be mainly insect and microbes so it won't be much, but hopefully it will be enough to get him up and running at full power. He'll take any additional time needed to maximize the chance of success.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 04, 2016, 07:50:52 pm »

((That'll probably mean "until tomorrow, when the GM sees my post". ;) ))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 04, 2016, 09:48:10 pm »

Dexter thanks his ancesters that he lived through that.

Save the xp for later
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 04, 2016, 09:56:10 pm »

"Ratodx and I were exposed to a potential meme, so I'm quarantining everybody with whom we had contact until we can be screened. If anyone tries to leave the room for whatever reason, immediately kill him or her."

((Bless you.))

"Whatever you say Boss man. I'ma just chill out right here til we're sorted." Ratodx continues to sit there and enjoy the pleasant contrast between being triple flash banged and getting supernaturally high.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 04, 2016, 09:59:03 pm »

This was a good cause for alarm, and so they quarantine the entire Spiral, with the Infirmary at the lower levels where you're at being more heavily quarantined.

You've been informed that they're sending an Expert to assess the situation.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 05, 2016, 07:27:50 am »

((I'll continue writing the report, but it'll only be "sent" after the denouement of this quarantine. In fact, Amadou thought of the possibility of a meme infection precisely because he was writing the report in the first place, else it might have gone unnoticed - and this will go into the report.))

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 05, 2016, 11:01:22 am »

((Right, the mission report is complete. Do anyone want to append or modify anything?))

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #385 on: October 05, 2016, 11:10:14 am »

((Right, the mission report is complete. Do anyone want to append or modify anything?))
Looks S.A.F to me.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 05, 2016, 11:15:10 am »

((What is S.A.F.?))
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 11:45:42 am by Maegil »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 05, 2016, 11:40:07 am »

((What is S.A.F.?))

[Smooth-As-Fuck.]

So what's everyone going to do right now? Khaiden is passively draining the surroundings for heals, which is surprisingly light. What with Akras's serious industrial air purifications and decontamination before anyone got down here. There are of course still some microscopic life that barely gives any energy at all, but you kept suckling on them like a thirsty person licking the morning dew off of leaves. It nourishes you a bit, you should feel better after a hour.

Ratodx is still being high as a kite and holy shit, are these your hands? They're like, so mesmerizing, man. It's like they hold the secrets to the universe.. shiiiiit man, that's like, deep.

Everyone else have been more or less treated, turns out that while cracked or broken bones may be a very potentially fatal wound in the medieval world, it's actually not that threatening with modern medicine. Bones were pushed back into it's proper sockets, splints were made and candies were given after minor surgery by robots.

They strapped you down to a bed and the many.. many metalic arms swirls around you in activity. Impossibly sharp knives sliced your skin open and peeled your muscles back to reveal the damaged bones before they carefully apply some sort of gel thing to the crack and closes you back up again, carefully sealing you back up with low-powered laser for minimal scarring.

That was a surprisingly painless experience if a very scary one, maybe they gave you some drugs or something before hand?

What is everyone's reaction to this? Dexter will have tiny pincers digging into him for a bit to get arrow fragments out of him, too.

Remember that Modern surgery is unheard of in Gaia, you don't cut live people up. Corpses to study, maybe. But Gaian surgery strictly consists of chopping limbs off and replacing them with primitive prosthetic such as literal wooden peg or a hooked hand and such after nearly drowning the patient in whiskey.

What's Amadou doing while waiting for the expert to show up?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 05, 2016, 11:52:46 am »

Amadou had the security agents checking people for active comms and sat down to write the report, but he's starting to worry about Ratodx - being dazed is one thing, but he's acting as if he was high on something.

He'll ask a doctor to check him out.
Just as a precaution, he'll tell people to back away from him and ask for a tranquillizer gun. He'll give it to a security agent, and tell him to keep an eye on Ratodx - if he becomes violent, he's to tranq him.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 12:10:12 pm by Maegil »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 05, 2016, 12:28:55 pm »

Dexter is fairly calm, up until they start cutting him open. He kind of freaks out after this point, but there's not much he can do to stop it, so he soon calms down.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 201