Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160417 times)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad recruiting!
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2016, 08:12:37 pm »

Muskets exists for human and dwarves in Gaia.

Also, sure. American based company arming local warlord with semi-modern weaponry in hope to let them kill each others. That never went terribly wrong have it?

(OOC)

Huh, I was under the impression Gaia was Medieval level technology. Will adjust how I play my character accordingly.

And they didn't have kill switches then. Just set them to explode if used improperly. Like if they try to attack company personnel. Or if they are tampered with. Like trying to remove the kill switch.

"If you take enough precautions, you never need to take precautions."

-Raising Steam by Sir Terry Pratchett
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2016, 08:16:44 pm »

"I'm sorry, I'm a combat medic now, so I should be getting used to the idea of gratuitous bloodshed, but isn't that just too callous?..."((does a double take)) "Er, what do you mean by 'harvesting the souls'? I mean, why would you do that, are you a demon or something?"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:19:53 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2016, 08:32:06 pm »

It is generally best to leave the arming of random peasants to Logistics. They actually know how to do it right.

((Gaia is most definitely medieval for the most part. Outside of humans, the very rare goblin, and dwarves, you won't find any form of gunpowder use.))

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2016, 08:33:50 pm »

"I'm sorry, I'm a combat medic now, so I should be getting used to the idea of gratuitous bloodshed, but isn't that just too callous?...((does a double take)) Er, what do you mean by 'harvesting the souls'? I mean, why would you do that, are you a demon or something?"

"'Callous' is not the right description. 'Pragmatic and willing to make sacrifices for the greater good' works better. 'The greater good' in this case is Akras' high profit margins. Besides, we'd be doing the goblins a favor. If we leave them as they are now we'd have to negotiate with each tribe and any hostility between tribes would become aimed at us if something developed. This way the goblins' population will be manageable and unified. And indebted to us, which tends to aid negotiations. Not to mention that they'll have seen what we can offer them if they join. And what we can do to them if they don't.

As for souls, not using them is the equivalent of removing a valuable resource from the world. Trust me, I know. They're all that have kept me alive. Are you saying you want me dead? And I'm not a Demon, I'm a Necromancer. The main difference being I don't need to make a deal to get a soul, I can just take it. I promise not to do that to you or other members of our team. Needing to replace you would upset Akras. I want us to have a professional relationship, which can't happen if you're in constant fear of me devouring your soul. I do want friends, because several years of isolation have left me severely lacking in that department."

(OOC): Khaiden only lied once in that comment. Guess where.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2016, 08:53:19 pm »

Dexter awkwardly greets his new teammates.

H-Hello. My names Dexter. Pleased to be working with you.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2016, 08:55:47 pm »

"Necromancer huh? That is interesting! What about you other human? Got anything interesting to share?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:02:31 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2016, 09:13:59 pm »

((S34N1C. You still need to edit your sheet. This has been stated a total of three times now.

Replace the skills section with this. Remove the 'Magic Specialization' section that you pulled out of from what I can tell, nowhere. If you need to use a reference any of the other player sheets are valid examples of how your sheet should look.

Skills:
Melee Weapon: Knife 3 (3 points)
Social: Persuasion 1 (3 points)
Arcanism> Destruction>Entropy: 1 (3 points )
Arcanism> Illusion>Light: 1: (3 points)
Occultism> Summoning> Demonic 1: (3 points)

'Magic' is not a skill.
Type>School>Discipline is a skill.

Wisps isn't a discipline of illusion nor any school of magic. They are a type of minor entity. I assume you're going for Illusion>Control of Perception of Light. However due to the level of vagueness, I frankly have no idea what you're going for here.

Entropy is the term for decay, death, and so on. 'dark forces' is not a discipline of any school and is far too vague.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2016, 09:15:26 pm »

Dexter awkwardly greets his new teammates.

H-Hello. My names Dexter. Pleased to be working with you.

"Well Dexter, whether I'm pleased to work with you will depend on your performance.
I'm just joking, don't look so scared. Friendships within group are key to building stronger teams and maximizing synergy. Sorry, I keep using these stupid 'buzzwords' after I ate a soul provided at my orientation. They say it wasn't on purpose, but they keep laughing.

Eh, I can take a joke.

This 'corporation' is incredible. It's more powerful than a government, makes more money than the largest merchant guild, and can survive even if the top leaders die.

And they've promised to sell me a new body if I complete enough missions for them. They tell me my current body isn't going to make it past 50, so there's that incentive. And I do not plan on stopping at that.

'Upgrading' means getting the better version of something, and from what I've seen upgrades will keep coming out. The only reason to talk about perfection is why it can't exist or ignorance of the subject.

They say they can even incorporate their technology into Undead flesh, so I can transcend both human and machine weakness to become...sorry I tend to ramble when I get started on that.

My name is Khaiden Seine. Which the idiot who handed out name stickers wrote as 'Cade Insane.' I'd threaten him, but there's no point."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2016, 09:39:48 pm »

((S34N1C. You still need to edit your sheet. This has been stated a total of three times now.

Replace the skills section with this. Remove the 'Magic Specialization' section that you pulled out of from what I can tell, nowhere. If you need to use a reference any of the other player sheets are valid examples of how your sheet should look.

Skills:
Melee Weapon: Knife 3 (3 points)
Social: Persuasion 1 (3 points)
Arcanism> Destruction>Entropy: 1 (3 points )
Arcanism> Illusion>Light: 1: (3 points)
Occultism> Summoning> Demonic 1: (3 points)

'Magic' is not a skill.
Type>School>Discipline is a skill.

Wisps isn't a discipline of illusion nor any school of magic. They are a type of minor entity. I assume you're going for Illusion>Control of Perception of Light. However due to the level of vagueness, I frankly have no idea what you're going for here.

Entropy is the term for decay, death, and so on. 'dark forces' is not a discipline of any school and is far too vague.

((I'm really sorry about that, I had assumed that you had edited it for me in your list of players.))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2016, 09:42:02 pm »

((It's your sheet that needs editing cause you'll be using it to up your skills and whatnot when ya get xp. It'll save you a headache later.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2016, 10:05:48 pm »

[Good to see people starting to get along, but Lemme make an actual starter post to set you all down. :)]

CASTLE: A NEW BEGINNING.
DAY 1

The first lesson that you learned about Akras is that they don't care. Not really.

For the Terran PC that was recruited in, you had been rushed through Orientation. You had just enough time to realize that things went terribly, terribly wrong when news got in that the world's governments have declared all of Akras as a Rogue State and encourage all the other Megacorps to cannibalize them. But by the time you heard of how Akras didn't gave two fuck and crumbstomp the initial governmental assault, you were already being put through decontaminations and brand new Akras uniform suit fresh from the press.

With the Company going loud, and you being put into a Gate team, they gave you a crash-course on what they've learned about Gaia. It's a different world or dimension, that much is clear. There are other people there, and there are monstrous things there. You will be taught how to shoot a gun, and you will be sent out to make a profit. Gather resources, intel and samples as mission required and you'll make your way up the ladder soon enough. For now, though? you're only very slightly better than fodder. In fact, compared to actual gate teams? you are fodder. So better get started on changing that.

Oh also, you're going to be assigned to an off-world position on said alternate dimension/world babysitting a bunch of aliens, so yeah. Congratulations. No, this position is non-negotiable.

Spoiler: Akras Employee uniform (click to show/hide)

For Non-Terran, it doesn't matter if you're a human or not, they don't care. You're all Gaian in Akras's eyes, and that means that the orientation guys makes it very clear that you must not fuck with the company. Do not steal from the company, do not try to harm the company, do not even try to run away with the company's stuff. The moment you signed that papers, your literal ass is the company's now. Try to start shit and you WILL be taken out the back and shot then have your body dissected for scientific purposes. They didn't give you any uniforms, but slapped a big patch onto your existing cloths with the same emblem/icon as their own, says it's Akras's logo and you're told to keep them on you and visible at all times.

Then it's down to the showers, where you were sprayed by the mass with both hot and cold water using high-powered sprinklers, then air-dried for several minutes with turbines in the walls. It was very scary and confusing but you were assured that it's harmless and they just wanted to 'decontaminate' you, whatever that meant.

Afterwards each one of you were led as four long lines through a building, the inside were the whitest and brightest you've ever experienced in your life, there were more humans there in white garbs and coats, wearing masks over their mouths and noses. Once it was your turn, you were told by the human in white to stick your arm inside some sort of an opening to a contraption, it was even scarier than the showers but they were at least honest and said that this is going to hurt. But it was for your own good as this will also vaccinate you to keep you from dying over modern super-evolved diseases.

The whole process only took five seconds, but boy did it hurt. Once it was done, you removed your arm from the contraption to find a new tattoo on it! They said this was to further identify you. You guess that must be right, since you've never seen such Tattoos before.

Spoiler: Tattoo (click to show/hide)

Once done, you were moved through to the next room inside the same building, which you admit is one of the largest structure you've ever seen in your life and it's still not even the biggest one inside the new compound. Each one of you were handed what looked like a shiny metal ingot about the size of your palm, but it's far too light to be metal. Then some sort of a small rectangular box of the same size, they're both very colourful to your eyes. With the Ingot having an image of an honestly delicious-looking soup with chunky meat cubes in it and the box an image of a translucent mug of sort with golden yellowish liquid inside, if it weren't for it being surrounded by apples, you might've been alarmed. It appears to come with it's own tube of sort and the top have a small target-like circle that seems weaker than the rest of the box itself.

Of course, there are some sort of letters on them but you couldn't read Terran.

After you were handed the ingot and bar, you were ushered off and separated into groups and given designations. The PC are Designated Auxiliary Gate Team 47 or AGT.0047 and are told to remember it.

And this is where they said that you'll be meeting your Terran handlers, and will be where Terran PCs have been told to wait for their Auxiliary attachment.

Everyone is now together in the same spot inside the Logistics building, your first given task is to head to your assigned squad room, learn how to cook and consume the given ingot and box, familiarize yourselves with the equipment for general living inside said room such as the microwave, fridge, showers, sink, water boiler, etc and learn the layout between your squad room, the logistics building and mission control building. The Terran PCs are assigned with teaching your new Gaian squadmates how to live like a normal Terran human being. Your rooms are expected to stay relatively clean, laundry is twice a week and trash incineration is every sunday.

Post-Adjustment briefings starts tomorrow morning, do not be late.

@Everyone, please make a post of your character's general reaction, actions, speech and thoughts from process up to this point where you're together waiting to head to your squad room. End with your greetings and introduction to the squad, please get to know each others and talk until everyone have posted their experiences facing all of this then you may proceed towards your room to continue learning/teaching even more.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 10:47:04 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2016, 12:46:44 am »

Well that won't be a problem. I'm simple going from being the... people's property to be the company's property. At least now I can own things with out being expect to share with the everyone else. While leaving the orientation room Melnakos wonders why organizations always feel the need to slap their icons on everything.

Melnakos flinches when the spray down begins but after that stands there and tries to stay calm. After being told that it was harmless and that they want to decontaminate him Melnakos grinned and wondered what other weird new human things he was going to be put through.

You new humans just keep growing stranger and stranger but that just makes you more interesting!

Melnakos begin to grow tenser and tenser as he moved up the line. Wondering why the new humans keep wanting him go through these strange processes. When it was his turn to step up to the strange contraption Melnakos began to lightly sweat. worrying about what might happen to his arm.

After putting his arm into the opening Melnakos yelped then gritted his teeth. After it was over and saw his new tattoo he stared at it for a moment. Fascinated with another one of the new humans weird customs.

After being given two alien items Melnakos looked at the weird ingot and box. Wondering what the humans used them for and why he was given them.

Are they some kind of food containers? I wonder why the new humans are so different than the old humans?

Melnakos pondered how he might learn to read the new human language while he was rushed over to where ever the humans want him to go now.

Melnakos grins then gives short wave at his new teammates.

Why hello there! My name is Melnakos vis Stritan. I hope we can live long enough to get to know each other. It would be a shame if any of you dead. After all you can't learn anything from a corpse!

((Tell me if I did anything wrong. I tend to stick more to SG instead of Multiplayer games so feel free to correct anything I do wrong. If you have any advice about rping or generally anything it is also welcome.)) ((Also I won't have internet access beside my phone for most of the week until Friday night so expect slower responding and probably need to be edited posts.))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:07:15 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2016, 02:46:16 am »

"Hello, Melnakos, guys... My name is Amadou Niassé, and my job is to try to prevent you from becoming a corpse if you are injured...
I had only two years in medical school and was learning healing magic before life got me here; I hope the Magi in the group can help me to better understand magic, I'm afraid it's something we Terrans know very little about."
says a very dark-skinned young human male. "By the way, regarding the skin colour's significance in Terran humans: it's only an adaptation to the sunlight's intensity where their ancestors used to live, and totally irrelevant to other traits or their moral alignment. Darker skin usually meant warmer climates, but for centuries now the peoples can travel and mingle wherever they please - if they can afford it, that is. I'm so dark because of my pure ancestry; my forefathers neither travelled much or had much to do with those who could do so.
If you have any questions about Terrans or technology, please do ask and I'll attempt to answer."

Addressing Melnakos: "Oh, but I'm afraid you're wrong. We can, and often do learn much from dissecting a corpse, and I don't mean only poking at new species to see how they work and what they can do: any Terran doctor will have examined and practised on a number of corpses before we're allowed to deal with the living."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:20:24 pm by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2016, 12:33:35 pm »

Oh? That's interest! Learning about others through talking is more fun though. You get to see all the weird expressions on their face! I hope I can learn many things from you all!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:07:47 pm by Prophet »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2016, 01:59:50 pm »

Likewise. In the meanwhile, let me show you all what the appliances here can do.

First of all, this boxy thing here: this is a microwave oven, it can quickly heat up food and water or defrost food quickly more or less from the inside out. Now, be very careful about not putting anything metallic inside; be very very careful or it might explode in a shower of sparks. It also won't do to put hard sealed containers in it, even eggs or flasks made of non-metallic materials - as the contents heat up they will expand quickly and burst, making an absolute mess inside and possibly getting stuff to where it shouldn't go.

This large box is a refrigerator, it keeps food and drinks cold, and radically extends the foodstuff's shelf life. It won't prevent them from eventually rotting, but it'll take days instead of overnight. The top part actually freezes the food, making it last months instead; it can also make ice cubes for your drinks.

Now, water. We have pressurized water that comes directly here through pipes to water taps. The blue one is cold, the red passes through that cylinder where it heats up. This is the kitchen, but the pipes also go there to the toilet and showers.
Right, let me tell you about bacteria, hygiene, and why you will take at least a daily bath...

After telling you all about bacteria, hygiene and why you will take at least a daily bath, Amadou demonstrates the operation of the rest of the toilet and says something about the history of sewers.
Finally he gets to modernity's miracle and loosely explains about electricity, and how it also operates electric stoves, electric sockets, electric lights, vacuum cleaners, air conditioning, and electronic locks; from then, he drifts to how computers are embedded into most everything including the toilet, and how the others will soon start pushing buttons and flicking switches. "You won't even notice how fast it'll become second nature - and then you'll notice that you had stopped noticing it; when you do, please give me notice.", he finishes with a smile.

Having finished the lecture, he asks if anyone has questions.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:44:33 pm by Maegil »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 201