Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Through the Looking Glass  (Read 11129 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Through the Looking Glass
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 09:21:22 am »

Nathin bowed to the question from Sarvus. "Of course Master Factotum. I shall have the choir prepped and ready at the appropriate time." He replied. Considering the distances involved and how many of the choir he would require to send this message.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 09:52:10 am »

Amara arrived at the meeting entry, trusting her younger counterpart with his duties and giving him a list of tasks to do in helping him work with and control his powers (as well as interface with the warp) which usually consisted of theoretical and introspective notes she had learned from years of experience--presented in the form of an narrative art book, along with her Navis Prima for further reference. She gave an exiting crewmember a nod, not mindful of the blank respoonse he gave her (probably at her eyes), before entering the room and taking her seat at the meeting table. Noting a relaxing game being played, she was content to keep her silence and observe everyone around: These were most or all of the command staff, and she wanted to get to know them better; body language would be a start. Here was the Kroot beside the Captain, easy to misunderstand and underestimate, but cunning and of notable similarity in intellect. There was the Master-At-Arms in her casual disposition, she had a certain air to her that told off she was someone more than she looked--but that was an assumption held for most, too. Something she wished she could form into better words!

Being comfortable in her position, she was well-off in watching the game play out, and by that matter, everyone else seated at the table too.

"Sorry I'm late, what's happened lately?" she said, mindful of the formal air, along with her not-that-refined-way of speaking.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 10:27:30 am »

Bron played at the game quietly enough, with the occasional murmur, remark, and curse at a misplay and loss. Though one cannot be too sure about what lies underneath the masks and heavy clothes the bulky man wears. With a glance at Holt and Nathin he only shakes his head and speaks in a deep rough voice, I don't understand why we'd waste time at some 'opera', but if yer' hunting for something good, my blade's at the ready. Even if I'm pissing like a grox.

"We have already bagged exceptional seats, tearing them apart with your sword would be wonderfully counter-productive."

Sarvus chides the Lord-Captain, "Lord-Captain, I do implore you, leave that concern to me. I have already compiled the list of necessary resupplies, which I foresee no issues procuring. I've scheduled a meeting with Nathin to send astropathic messages to the contacts I have in the local government and merchants to prepare for our arrival. Your focus, if I may be so bold, should be on preparing for the opera, and meeting with the other Trader who procured us this invitation. I foresee a productive outcome, if handled correctly."
The High Factotum turns towards the ship's Master Telepathica, Nathin, while consulting his dataslate. "We are still meeting at ten hundred, next cycle, correct? You said that would be best for you, last week."
Hardly waiting for an answer, he turns back to the Lord-Captain, he beckons forward an aid, carrying reams of parchment. "Moving on, Lord-Captain, would you like to hear my report on the status of the ship, crew, and cargo?"

"Its all well, I had assumed you had a handle on the matter. Proceed with your report, Sarvus."

Amara arrived at the meeting entry, trusting her younger counterpart with his duties and giving him a list of tasks to do in helping him work with and control his powers (as well as interface with the warp) which usually consisted of theoretical and introspective notes she had learned from years of experience--presented in the form of an narrative art book, along with her Navis Prima for further reference. She gave an exiting crewmember a nod, not mindful of the blank respoonse he gave her (probably at her eyes), before entering the room and taking her seat at the meeting table. Noting a relaxing game being played, she was content to keep her silence and observe everyone around: These were most or all of the command staff, and she wanted to get to know them better; body language would be a start. Here was the Kroot beside the Captain, easy to misunderstand and underestimate, but cunning and of notable similarity in intellect. There was the Master-At-Arms in her casual disposition, she had a certain air to her that told off she was someone more than she looked--but that was an assumption held for most, too. Something she wished she could form into better words!

Being comfortable in her position, she was well-off in watching the game play out, and by that matter, everyone else seated at the table too.

"Sorry I'm late, what's happened lately?" she said, mindful of the formal air, along with her not-that-refined-way of speaking.

"Nothing of concern to you, Amara. Is the course steady?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 12:42:54 pm »

"If you are attending the opera," Sierra interjected, her voice a harsh elecronic squawk from her mask, "I will focus on my own duties instead."

She had better things to do than listen to humans wail at each other. It was certain her prey had passed through there, though she was doubtful any of them remained on the station.

The navigator mutant entered, and spoke. Sierra remained silent, waitin for the report. The ship had no major mechanical issues - it had some, of course, being worked on by the junior techpriests on board - and she had little interest in the rest, but appearances must be kept. She knew she'd just brood, as well - her mental circuity had resulted in a tendancy to go into thought loops over her fixations, futility and hunger, and she was in a brooding humour, wih nothing much new to do until they reached the port.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 01:16:06 pm »

"As steady as can be, I have made sure of it," Amara replied, following a concise note down on anything else of particular interest. She was interested in the Seneschal's report too--if nobody else had anything else to mention--as her knowledge of the ship's crew was just as green as her familiar bearings onto the Diplomatic Gesture. It was a very different crew from her patrols, but they were just as competent as the norm. She didn't think she could do anything else other than ensure the maps were updated, and record even more for ease of data, along with trying to assume the neighboring lanes around her, and gaining enough to help chart a good course forward. All in the name of awareness for future navigators.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2016, 01:38:21 pm »

"We have already bagged exceptional seats, tearing them apart with your sword would be wonderfully counter-productive."
With a steady nod and adjustment of his black mask, Bron remarks
"Not a issue, Lord-Captain, give the command and I'll act accordingly. Though you must know my skills do not lie with walking and talking with lords."
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2016, 02:15:40 pm »

"If you are attending the opera," Sierra interjected, her voice a harsh elecronic squawk from her mask, "I will focus on my own duties instead."

At long last, Holt shifts his position slightly, moving the arm his face is currently resting on more to the side of his face to allow for easier speaking.

"Certainly. I hardly expected the entire ship to haunt the theater for the evening, and your clanking would almost certainly disturb the other patrons. Of the ship, the only ones I find it necessary to bring are myself, Sarvus, a body guard, and perhaps some house guards. Of the bodyguard, either Bron or Anarette would do. While Bron would certainly strike a powerful first impression in his power armor, said attire is quite unsuited for the atmosphere, and as he said he isn't quite used to such dealings. Anarette would make a more suitable companion for the setting, and seems to be capable of negotiating well in her own right in addition to being able to command any security forces we bring along. In the end, either or both will do, the likelihood of betrayal is low enough for this to be a small issue, and his own security should be enough to keep any undesirables away. Of those who it would likely be beneficial to take along are Amara and Nathin. As we know the singer is a Navigator, bringing one of our own would make it easier to get anything we need from her, if such an occasion becomes necessary. As for Nathin, we simply may need the communication power. Everyone else is welcome to attend if they desire to, otherwise you can consider yourselves on shore leave until I make my return. After all, Sierra-Beta, I can hardly expect your skills to be necessary in this encounter, so long as the spotlights fail to parish during the show."

"As steady as can be, I have made sure of it," Amara replied, following a concise note down on anything else of particular interest. She was interested in the Seneschal's report too--if nobody else had anything else to mention--as her knowledge of the ship's crew was just as green as her familiar bearings onto the Diplomatic Gesture. It was a very different crew from her patrols, but they were just as competent as the norm. She didn't think she could do anything else other than ensure the maps were updated, and record even more for ease of data, along with trying to assume the neighboring lanes around her, and gaining enough to help chart a good course forward. All in the name of awareness for future navigators.

"Very good. In that case we remain on schedule. I would hate to keep them waiting for too long"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 02:18:31 pm by Stirk »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2016, 03:16:01 pm »

Nathin bowed to the question from Sarvus. "Of course Master Factotum. I shall have the choir prepped and ready at the appropriate time." He replied. Considering the distances involved and how many of the choir he would require to send this message.
"Wonderful. I will have my messages prepared."
Sarvus chides the Lord-Captain, "Lord-Captain, I do implore you, leave that concern to me. I have already compiled the list of necessary resupplies, which I foresee no issues procuring. I've scheduled a meeting with Nathin to send astropathic messages to the contacts I have in the local government and merchants to prepare for our arrival. Your focus, if I may be so bold, should be on preparing for the opera, and meeting with the other Trader who procured us this invitation. I foresee a productive outcome, if handled correctly."
The High Factotum turns towards the ship's Master Telepathica, Nathin, while consulting his dataslate. "We are still meeting at ten hundred, next cycle, correct? You said that would be best for you, last week."
Hardly waiting for an answer, he turns back to the Lord-Captain, he beckons forward an aid, carrying reams of parchment. "Moving on, Lord-Captain, would you like to hear my report on the status of the ship, crew, and cargo?"
"Its all well, I had assumed you had a handle on the matter. Proceed with your report, Sarvus."
"Thank you, Lord-Captain," the Factotum says, as he accepts the first few sheets from his aid. "The crew morale is slightly diminished, but at an acceptable level. I believe that a rousing speech should raise their spirits once more. However, such action is unnecessary: there are no reports of open sedition, and all crew will perform their duties when called upon. Still, a speech could save on shore leave expenses."
"The population aboard is stable: since we entered the Warp three weeks ago, there have been twenty-eight births, twenty-four deaths, and eleven missing persons recorded amongst the crew. The number of deaths is concerning, and linked, primarily, a string of killings of mutants. Their corpses have been found on the lower decks of the ship," Sarvus says in a disinterested voice, as he calmly reads off the parchment in his hands. "As long as the killings stay away from the pure-blooded crewmembers, I do not believe intervention is necessary. Perhaps this killer will even clean out the ship's stowaways for us. If you do believe we should investigate, I have taken the liberty of detailing a plan to apprehend the culprit, Lord-Captain."
"Our stocks are doing well. The hydroponics bays, granaries, and livestock all are within expected bounds. There are an abnormal number of missing livestock, for which I do recommend investigation, lest it escalate out of hand. Again, I have detailed a plan, if you wish us to investigate. Some crew have noted uneven ration distribution, which may be related to the missing livestock."
"Lastly, shipboard rumors and happenings. A brawl between the rival Casulet and Monta'gun families broke out in Transit Corridor M37, and my agents were forced to intervene. No fatalities, but several crew were injured. The heads of the families have been warned that further disruption of the peace will result in imprisonment or executions. A number crew members have reported seeing some beast lurking in the maintenance corridors. Some describe it as an great, green beast of a xenos, others as a giant of a man, clad in power-armor, and others still as a giant insect, with steel plates nailed to its flesh. I believe that the true culprits are servitors and too much drink, and have cut the responsible crew members' alcohol privileges. Finally, I have uncovered the existence of a small death-cult operating amongst the crew. I believe them to be true in their intentions, and devoted to the Golden Throne. With your permission, Lord-Captain, I would like to continue to observe and support them: they may become useful, given time, resources, and direction."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:16:47 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2016, 03:48:26 pm »

Blightfang leaned forward and did the equivalent to a Kroot clearing of the throat...an odd chattering noise escaped his beak. I believe i can clear the mutated gu- mutants up. Most refused to serve the ship-world or the Eld-the Captain, thus i determined that they were a burden to the ship-world. Others used violence to avoid service and i defended myself. All of them tasted delicious.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2016, 04:16:33 pm »

"Wonderful. I will have my messages prepared."
"Thank you, Lord-Captain," the Factotum says, as he accepts the first few sheets from his aid. "The crew morale is slightly diminished, but at an acceptable level. I believe that a rousing speech should raise their spirits once more. However, such action is unnecessary: there are no reports of open sedition, and all crew will perform their duties when called upon. Still, a speech could save on shore leave expenses."
"The population aboard is stable: since we entered the Warp three weeks ago, there have been twenty-eight births, twenty-four deaths, and eleven missing persons recorded amongst the crew. The number of deaths is concerning, and linked, primarily, a string of killings of mutants. Their corpses have been found on the lower decks of the ship," Sarvus says in a disinterested voice, as he calmly reads off the parchment in his hands. "As long as the killings stay away from the pure-blooded crewmembers, I do not believe intervention is necessary. Perhaps this killer will even clean out the ship's stowaways for us. If you do believe we should investigate, I have taken the liberty of detailing a plan to apprehend the culprit, Lord-Captain."
"Our stocks are doing well. The hydroponics bays, granaries, and livestock all are within expected bounds. There are an abnormal number of missing livestock, for which I do recommend investigation, lest it escalate out of hand. Again, I have detailed a plan, if you wish us to investigate. Some crew have noted uneven ration distribution, which may be related to the missing livestock."
"Lastly, shipboard rumors and happenings. A brawl between the rival Casulet and Monta'gun families broke out in Transit Corridor M37, and my agents were forced to intervene. No fatalities, but several crew were injured. The heads of the families have been warned that further disruption of the peace will result in imprisonment or executions. A number crew members have reported seeing some beast lurking in the maintenance corridors. Some describe it as an great, green beast of a xenos, others as a giant of a man, clad in power-armor, and others still as a giant insect, with steel plates nailed to its flesh. I believe that the true culprits are servitors and too much drink, and have cut the responsible crew members' alcohol privileges. Finally, I have uncovered the existence of a small death-cult operating amongst the crew. I believe them to be true in their intentions, and devoted to the Golden Throne. With your permission, Lord-Captain, I would like to continue to observe and support them: they may become useful, given time, resources, and direction."

"I will save the speech for a more appropriate time, in that case. Utilizing them too often will cause them to lose their potency, and we may be desperate for that in the future. It seems the mutants where not part of the crew, and handled by the Twitchcatcher, making this issue near-nonexistent. Xenos, take more care of disposing your kills in the future, leaving corpses around the ship is bad for moral and the miasma distracts workers. If you can not find a proper way to dispose of them, simply spacing them is a viable option. Sarvus, is there a fighting pit or arena in Port New Haven? If we can provide the opportunity for a more orderly fight between the two families, we may be able to reduce their bad blood significantly, ideally without any casualties. The rest of the crew will no doubt enjoy that show as well, so renting such a location might prove beneficial. I'll leave the matters of the cattle and cult to you, deal with them as you see fit. "

((OOC, I think our moral is fully, so we can't raise it :-/.))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2016, 04:26:32 pm »

Nathin grimaced as Blightfang leaned forward and started speaking. A disgusting trick to teach a pet. And hunting and eating mutants was hardly less so.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2016, 04:37:52 pm »

I will avoid leaving behind a mess in the future.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2016, 06:31:37 pm »

Anarette nods when Holt mentions her for accompanying him, showing her agreement to it. She makes an attempt not to show contempt for the... creature. The Lord-Captain tolerates it, so she will too. For now.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2016, 07:07:45 pm »

Blightfang leaned forward and did the equivalent to a Kroot clearing of the throat...an odd chattering noise escaped his beak. I believe i can clear the mutated gu- mutants up. Most refused to serve the ship-world or the Eld-the Captain, thus i determined that they were a burden to the ship-world. Others used violence to avoid service and i defended myself. All of them tasted delicious.
Sarvus sighs in disappointment, and makes a few notes on his dataslate. "Please tell me or my agents before you... make a mess again. Bring us any more mutants you find: others might have more success converting them."

"Sarvus, is there a fighting pit or arena in Port New Haven? If we can provide the opportunity for a more orderly fight between the two families, we may be able to reduce their bad blood significantly, ideally without any casualties. The rest of the crew will no doubt enjoy that show as well, so renting such a location might prove beneficial. I'll leave the matters of the cattle and cult to you, deal with them as you see fit."
((OOC, I think our moral is fully, so we can't raise it :-/.))
"Excellent idea, Lord-Captain. I will look into it. As for the cattle and cult, may I recruit the command staff to assist me?"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:17:16 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2016, 08:06:51 pm »

"Excellent idea, Lord-Captain. I will look into it. As for the cattle and cult, may I recruit the command staff to assist me?"
"I'd be willing to volunteer my time if need be, better than yelling at incompetents to count their munitions."
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7