Early Age
- 1 (25%)
Middle Age
- 2 (50%)
Late Age
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 23 - It wasn't fine :'(  (Read 30524 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: Dominions 4 Round 23 - You'll be fine, honest!
« Reply #270 on: October 02, 2016, 09:48:11 am »

See folks, the things that scare are that the past few pages in this thread and in the official Dom4 thread are people talking about all the spells and research that I have no clue about :D Guess I really gotta sit one of these days and look at the entire list of hundreds of spells, huh?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 02, 2016, 10:16:23 am »

For the most part, there's spells you won't be able to touch, so there's always that. Unless you're up against a nation that can use them, don't bother worrying about it too much. So here's a trick worth poking into. Open up a spell research tab and hit A. That should narrow things down considerably to just the air spells you have. Now, the list is still considerable, but in this list you will find your bread and butter spells, from summoning to rituals to spells that harm your foes (and some that harm everyone). If you wanna know what the other filters are hit ? and you'll have a nice handy list to narrow things down further.

If you're playing a nation, chances are there's a guide for it so those tend to list what kinda access your mages would have, as well as troop composition and the like. For death nations you want to raise the dead in battle to create instant chaff, air nations tend to lightning spam, and that sorta thing, so you'll eventually limit it to what you'll get the most use out of pretty soon.

Most importantly, if I have one complaint with dominions at the moment it's that summoning units and crafting items don't fill you in on what you get. Crafting 6 is important, but you wanna know how important it is, and it's hard to do that without knowing wat you could craft at what level. And for conjurations all you have is the game decryption you get, which doesn't always tell you everything you wanna know. Trick to that is using the dom4 mod inspector, which looks at all the vanilla units and links things, so you can look up a spell or an item and get the exact stats and crafting requirements.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 02, 2016, 01:50:23 pm »

This turn only, trading 1 to 1 element gems for astral - everything except death-gems, limit is 10 per gem-kind, so you can order 10 fire, 10 earth, 10 water, 10 air - for 40 astral.

Also, I still got murdering-winter casts on sale and Assassins.

See folks, the things that scare are that the past few pages in this thread and in the official Dom4 thread are people talking about all the spells and research that I have no clue about :D Guess I really gotta sit one of these days and look at the entire list of hundreds of spells, huh?

30% of my turns is google-fu.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 02:05:29 pm by ThtblovesDF »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 02, 2016, 04:31:18 pm »

Uhm. Okay, the mind hunt barrage on my army as soon as I took the astral mages out was good, even if it only hit indie commanders and random lowbie mages.

But.

Assassins to one fort not near the battle fronts is just weird and puts me on guard.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 02, 2016, 04:49:35 pm »

Joyousness and Gaiety! This turn The Huggable One, the Thrice Horned Boar, was slain! Thus is the might of ReReShu proven!

Seriously though - it was a good fight - I especially liked the part where I charmed a Sidhe Lord and he went around killing his former allies.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 02, 2016, 05:33:09 pm »

2 hours and 20 minutes between turns? Amazing turnaround.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 02, 2016, 06:13:56 pm »

I'm in a fairly similar position. I have no idea about which magics are the good magics, apart from reading a guide on C'tis I got from google that pointed out a few things I wanna aim for.

Edit: Whoops, frig. I shoulda edited this into the post above.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 02, 2016, 10:19:22 pm »

MAMMOTH POWAH

In other news, I think the server borked 'cause I never did get an email for this turn. Finally submitted my turn, could've done it a whole lot sooner, but alas.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 03, 2016, 12:25:54 am »

I am curious. Anvilfolk, how did you defeat the T'ien Ch'i attackers?
I've played some mafia.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 03, 2016, 05:08:07 am »

Uhm. Okay, the mind hunt barrage on my army as soon as I took the astral mages out was good, even if it only hit indie commanders and random lowbie mages.

But.

Assassins to one fort not near the battle fronts is just weird and puts me on guard.

I'm getting paided extremly well for it.

But I stick by my previously set rules, I won't assault you (as in, claim territory) until you act against me or the "Greater Good" I aim for. We will see.

So technically, I can only attack 2 nations so far, but Anvilfolk is just one lovly underdog.

_________

Alas, my Prophet has perished. Prophecy has it then when a new Prophet of R'yleh arises, the world shall fall in turn.

_________

You find a map;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 03, 2016, 07:56:03 am »

The armies of T'ien Ch'i are mostly composed of mere men. Caelum's mammoths, in large enough quantities, can squash their armies as so many ants on an anthill. We are aware T'ien Ch'i is already developing a counter strategy, so ours is a losing battle, but we shall bring honour to the Winged. 'tis all we can do.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 03, 2016, 02:53:08 pm »

The armies of T'ien Ch'i are mostly composed of mere men. Caelum's mammoths, in large enough quantities, can squash their armies as so many ants on an anthill. We are aware T'ien Ch'i is already developing a counter strategy, so ours is a losing battle, but we shall bring honour to the Winged. 'tis all we can do.
It was by playing Caelum wrong :v

My cavalry were sitting back with the mages to protect them from fliers, then couldn't shove past the archer masses to get to the mammoths until after everything had already fallen apart.

We are aware T'ien Ch'i is already developing a counter strategy, so ours is a losing battle, but we shall bring honour to the Winged. 'tis all we can do.
Good work on that battle, anyway. I now have to fall back because I already had my counter-strategy, but was lazy and didn't want to implement it until joining my armies. I had the (expensive) item I needed for it on one of my communion slaves until then.

...One of the ones who died.

So you have a few months of quiet until I can replace it.

Until then, I'll just practice omniscience or something.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 03, 2016, 03:03:26 pm »

Hah, playing Caelum wrong! How dare thee!

Probably right, but from what I've seen, my fliers are never able to get all the way to the enemies in the back. They always end up skirmishing with advancing troops, despite different orders I've tried. And since I know that you know that Caelum has fliers, it doesn't make sense to play with the strategy I know people can counter.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 03, 2016, 04:06:08 pm »

A drastic, but effective way to counteract my sneakys.

You know, anyone can buy a murdering winter on that 500+ army anytime, so I'm wondering if that is like a dome-trap? Ah who knows...

Also, Vengence of the Death is now in offer, if you have something big killing your stuff and it already killed a lot.

___

E: All turns already done except Shinuyama, great speed.

EČ:

Some intresting fights to watch, I don't know why Eriu hates fatigue that much, wouldn't just lighting bolts do just fine? Also we all saw that army-size-crash, but that was mostly wolves... but I don't think those are freespawn?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 02:42:57 am by ThtblovesDF »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 04, 2016, 02:43:02 am »

I haven't done my turn, but gonna be a little selfish and ask for a 24 hour extension. University bull soured my will and I'm just gonna spend today relaxing.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27