Early Age
- 1 (25%)
Middle Age
- 2 (50%)
Late Age
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 23 - It wasn't fine :'(  (Read 30502 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 23 - You'll be fine, honest!
« Reply #285 on: October 04, 2016, 03:37:02 am »

Done

Hosting postponed for Bay12GamesRound423 by 24 hours. The game will now host at 02:04 GMT on Thursday October 6th.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 04, 2016, 04:11:41 am »

Alright, thanks.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #287 on: October 04, 2016, 12:47:50 pm »

I haven't done my turn, but gonna be a little selfish and ask for a 24 hour extension. University bull soured my will and I'm just gonna spend today relaxing.

Self-care is the most importantest of things. I'm glad you asked for it, and I'm glad it was granted. Rest easy, rest well, friend.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 04, 2016, 05:07:02 pm »

As this war grinds on, I find myself growing annoyed. Is this all there is, until someone stops trying to win and starts throwing around "kill everyone" spells?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 04, 2016, 07:33:30 pm »

The real main thing about wars like these is trying to get some sorta support to end things. Failing that, you're trying to make the enemy army ineffective at what their main strategy is. This doesn't necessarily need to be on the battlefield. If your foe is using high gold troops, cutting their gold supply helps for example. Kill em all and big elemental spells certainly help though, no doubt about that.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 05, 2016, 03:25:09 am »

The graphs tell much, low army size, seperate and Conquer. Low dominion? Siege him out. Low tech? Hit him with a SC - or something like that.

Caleum never died and that is the army-splitting nail in the coffin. Usually, at least in my last games, the first to grow large was usually the first to die.

You got yourself 2 relatively secure Frontlines with me and eriu, so you can choose to leave one enemy alone and Focus on the other.

Alternativly, once you hit your Research goals, why not get every Caster in the action?

Armys can be rebuild, but a Blob of 30 mages usually represents 7+ turns of a nations Gold/fort turns. You can also try hiring some help or make peace?

Caleum seemed open to that idea, many turns ago. That way you can Focus on the oppertunistic pretender on your flank. It also helps to be reactive instead of active, unless you are certain you can finish a Nation in less then 10 turns.

It just comes down to understanding the goals of your enemy and your own, much like a edh game of Magic. Some just want to see the world burn or to take revenge or to do a silly Thing.

Overall these wars seem a lot less one-sided then they usually are.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 05, 2016, 06:27:36 am »

Alright, got two turns in a row in, sorry for the delay everyone and thanks for being so understanding folks.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 05, 2016, 06:54:23 am »

Shinuyama just suicide bombed his pretender to weaken a sieging army with rain of stones spam, intresting.

Mostly because it worked.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #293 on: October 05, 2016, 08:59:49 am »

For the record, Caelum would accept peace were T'ien Ch'i give up any claims to Caelum's sovereign territory, including but not limited to Lama and its Throne.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 05, 2016, 10:11:19 am »

Shinuyama just suicide bombed his pretender to weaken a sieging army with rain of stones spam, intresting.

Mostly because it worked.
He was supposed to cast it two or three times - I overestimated how long it'd take the front line to get to him. Still, given that he's immortal, it's not like I lost anything besides a handful of earth gems in the attempt.

edit: I wouldn't have made out at all badly if 3/4s of my mages hadn't panicked - silly buggers would've still been alive.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 10:17:22 am by AlStar »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 05, 2016, 02:19:05 pm »

That fight was a joy to watch, it came down to like 2-5 berserks vs a handful of passed out mages. Erius scared certainly are strong - any minor change to that fight would have completly changed the winner. Chaoticag did good by letting the "normal" troops eat most damage first, but I wouldn't know what I would've done different then she at this point. Maybe some horns of courage or something? But thats all prep... Summon animals in a mountain for crows and stuff?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 05, 2016, 02:46:27 pm »

To be fair, I'm not feeling so sure of these sacreds are all they're made out to be. Heh. Eiru is an interesting challenge in magical diversity at the very least, but likely won't be picking them again. Lotta thug potential that is a bit tough to tap at first.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 05, 2016, 03:55:22 pm »

Well those were some interesting scouts. I feel bad that they died.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 05, 2016, 04:59:54 pm »

Yes, sad to see them go. Erius thug perished brutally, too. The upside is that I know where no astral mages are currently and could exploit that : /

Edit: Still trading gems 1 for 1.1, i.e. you got 11 astral and want 10 earth.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:20:30 pm by ThtblovesDF »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 05, 2016, 06:05:20 pm »

If anyone was curious, Ritual of Returning activates if the caster gets diseased.

It's not the most efficient use of pearls, but does make an amusing mental image. (Fishgod is fine now. He's a hearty fellow, and I have the finest of alchemists sitting around otherwise doing nothing.)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27