Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 3  (Read 26679 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 3
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2016, 01:51:05 pm »

Dialogue and Fast Actions

((Waiting for Rakar to enter in "long term action" mode to proceed to the 2nd year))

Eversor the Death Lord -Animated Armor-
No orders yet? Well then, more training time for the army. Eversor will try to level up his LEA once more. Dys Estyx may continue his magic research. Iphalanx goes for LEA. Asl and Erp will go for STR. The troops will continue their drills.

Current long-term action :
- Train

(...)

During the weeks you spent in the training grounds, there were time of break and respite. One of such days, you idly strolled around the external ring of the Tartarus. An impressive wall of gray stone unbroken by time, standing proud and strong. Some segments were so tall one could wonder what kind of giants built it, and how that stone could subsist so long. From it, the whole city could be seen along with the horizon and some glimpses of the territories further ahead.

It was a day like this when you discussed with your subordinates. For once Arp and Esl where not close to each other, speaking separately with other monsters. Arp was discussing with you.
"This city is an impressive sight don't you think ? From all our existences, we never saw such an accomplishment.
I wonder what will we discover beyond these lands, having never left the fortress."

It could be an occasion to know more about your subordinates ? (assume everyone is present)

Azarian the Throughtbeast and Rin/Devourer the Crin
Simple I am here for power and the abilty to get food easier this kingdom is advantageous and I am allied becuase the king deemed That I deserved a chance.
Rin breathes deep tapping her feet nervously moving hoping that she'll be back in that city soon......

He would look to the Mentaloise who was speaking with rin before turning back to focus on the path ahead.
"It is not my place to question the judgement of the king, so long as he can deliver on his promises. On the same note, you could concider this a probation for them. They are being watched by me to make sure they will benefit the kingdom and not cause needless destruction."
Continue with maximum haste.
"Hey if i could get rid of devourer I would."
move with haste!

Current long-term action :
- Proceed with haste to Tartarus

((A second chance... Your king seems truly merciful, that's rare in our world.))

Along they way, Berache explained to both of you a little more of the life in the Coast. From the way he spoke about it, it was as if every monster there was a duelist fighting for his life in an all-out and permanent battle royale.
"For any monster not Mentaloise or Neritian, life on the Coast is a constant fight. You can rarely hope to trust anyone there, as opportunism and individual strength reign supreme. Of course sometime you can see monsters cooperate, but these alliances are not long lasting and end in backstabbing if they do.
You could think it's pretty strange, but there is some sort of invisible agreement uniting us. We know when to join forces and when to dismiss an agreement to survive.
That's the way we live there."

Ogg Goreth Junger the Oogr -Magi-
I Grin And Get In.

You got on the ring, a slightly elevated platform. Torv spat on the ground and took a stance, ready to brawl. He was analyzing you up, from head to foot.

The monsters around began shouting and cheering on the two opponents, rousing the atmosphere in the room.

FIGHT
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 02:34:04 pm by Nakéen »

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2016, 02:04:58 pm »

Go forth to the coast and start recruiting for tarturus
No sig yet

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2016, 02:33:48 pm »

"It is impressive, indeed. Even in my previous 'cycles' I have not often seen something as grand as this."

"The world is a wide place. You never know what you may happen upon. And speaking of the fortress, mind telling me about it?"

Conversation ho!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2016, 04:15:46 pm »

"It is impressive, indeed. Even in my previous 'cycles' I have not often seen something as grand as this."

"The world is a wide place. You never know what you may happen upon. And speaking of the fortress, mind telling me about it?"

Conversation ho!

"Of course, though I may disappoint you. We have lived in this place for so long, and it was already uninhabited when life was breathed onto us. We were born with an instinctive need to protect this place, were we created by the fortress or its makers ? We stopped caring about our origins centuries ago.

The fortress the king Radeus named Tartarus didn't have a name before. None that we know of at least.

The fortress itself goes extremely deep in the earth, and some of the deepest levels are connected to fiery magma rivers and pure nexus of energy. Oh, and you may not know but we were not truly the guardians of the fortress. There is only one true guardian, the manifestation of the fortress itself.

An entity linked to the existence of the structure, aptly named the Guardian of the Fortress. It is an extremely powerful formless being that can manifest itself in the fortress at will, but can't leave. It sees and hears all inside, and it was defeated single-handedly by the king Radeus. No one really knows what happened during the battle."

Esl joined in the discussion, eager to talk about the Tartarus.
"You are forgetting some important details Arp.
You didn't speak about the Heart of the Fortress. The sole room none of us know the interior. Located at one of the deepest levels, it is the hardest to access room of the Tartarus and until recently none could open it. Only the king Radeus managed to do so, and rumors say that he found an artifact of extreme power there.
Then around the Heart are 24 sealed relics stored in individual rooms. We don't know what the relics look like, and it seems the Magic Department is researching them.
There are also the many grand levels filled with engravings depicting the Divine Wars, between the Gods of the Three Races and the forgotten Gods of the Other Races. It seems the few monsters knowledgable of the Divine Wars never heard of the forgotten Gods. If only we could decipher the languages, we could probably figure something out. But even after centuries of studying them I couldn't understand these signs."

"You will notice Esl love speaking of the Fortress. He was the one to spend the most time memorizing the rooms and the engravings. In contrast, I am more interested in the outside world."

"Well, this place is linked to our origins after all. No wonder I am curious. Still after all this time, it is frustrating to have no idea of who created the Tartarus and for what purpose."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2016, 04:48:55 pm »

I Charge At him, And Try to Ram him with my Shoulder.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2016, 09:26:43 pm »

"I will gladly accept your offer! I plan to speak with the Dragons and Giants myself, for now I am tasked with the mission of unifying all the races of the Mountain under our banner no matter the cost."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2016, 10:21:13 pm »

Emily the Bard Siren

Long Term Actions :
-Head for the Coast
-Recruit

You headed for the coast with your two followers.

[Action not forgotten, will be properly rolled next turn]

I Charge At him, And Try to Ram him with my Shoulder.

Ogg -Ram- [Str2] : [3+2]
Torv -Throw- [Str3] : [5+8]

You charged at Torv who didn't move an inch, ramming him with your shoulder. The crowd roared as you charged at him with confidence.
He took the blow head on, only slightly being pushed back. First a clamor of surprise rose from the public, who then began to cheer and shout as he grabbed you and lifted you with ease above his head. Before you knew it he threw you at the other side of the room !

"Stand up ! I know you can do better." said the warmed up monster.

Rakar the Lryka
"I will gladly accept your offer! I plan to speak with the Dragons and Giants myself, for now I am tasked with the mission of unifying all the races of the Mountain under our banner no matter the cost."

"Perfect. I hope I will get news from you before the delay is over, good luck on your quest."

+5 Griffins added to troops
Agreement with an Alpha Griffin started

You then returned to your monsters with the five Griffins. At the same time, the Alpha sent envoys to Tartarus.

What's next ?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2016, 10:24:55 pm »

Get up, and Grab him With a Grip Meant to Snap Small Trees.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2016, 10:42:20 pm »

Get up, and Grab him With a Grip Meant to Snap Small Trees.

Ogg -SnapTree Grab- [Str2] : [4+2]
Torv -Wrestle- [Str3] : [1+3]

You get back up on the ring and approach him more carefully. As soon as you are in arm reach, Torv makes the first move and attempt to grab you.
You nimbly dodge his arm and catch it, and use his momentum to execute a "Snap Small Tree Grip". You got him good, and the crowd cheers in excitation even more !

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2016, 11:18:14 am »

"We'll find out about secrets of both Tartarus and the outside, sooner or later. But now, I think we lazed about enough. It's time to get back to training."

Back to training. Maybe go for a duel with Arp and Esl, if the other players take too long with their turns.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 09:31:52 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2016, 06:46:20 pm »

Now to try and Throw him.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2016, 10:25:46 pm »

Talk to Arginas

"I'll let you do as you please as long as you obey my commands! Do you understand!?!"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 04, 2016, 06:37:58 pm »

Turn 4 : Year 1 of the Zethean Calendar ~First Trimester~

No orders yet? Well then, more training time for the army. Eversor will try to level up his LEA once more. Dys Estyx may continue his magic research. Iphalanx goes for LEA. Asl and Erp will go for STR. The troops will continue their drills.
"We'll find out about secrets if both Tartarus and the outside, sooner or later. But now, I think we lazed about enough. It's time to get back to training."

Back to training. Maybe go for a duel with Arp and Esl, if the other players take too long with their turns.

• I - Training :

Leadership Training : [1] [2]
Your further training was fruitless, a total waste of time. Instructors were too busy taking care of recruitment and recruits training, as such you couldn't see them much.

Troops Training :
Esl&Arp [Str] : [2] [5]
Iphalanx [Lea] : [4] [3]
Dys Estyx [Mag] : [1] [2]
Troops : [4]

Esl and Arp STR slightly increased.
Iphalanx LEA increased by 1.
Dys Estyx isn't making any progress on his research. The spell is too incomplete, beings created this way collapse on themselves.

Your disciplined troops kept training relentlessly, but it began taking its toll on their morale. Furthermore the training seemed less effective than the first months.
CR Increases :
Animated Armor +1
Bartoros +1
Undead Beasts/Ghosts +1
Flesh Golems +1
Morale down to Good

• II - Waiting for orders :

One day Sullima came to see you.
"Lord Eversor. A message from Lord Endovar : with the return of Azarian, we obtained important informations about the Zethe's Coast. Priorities have been reevaluated, and we must pacify either the rest of the Ylmerian Forests or the Wenat Plains. It is highly preferred that you go to the Plains, being the one to know them best.
Of course you are to keep the Tartarus informed with your situation at a minimal daily pace, which shouldn't be hard with the Spectres monsters you have at your disposition.

For more informations or specific requests, you may ask me or Lord Endovar directly."

"The last message is an order from his Majesty himself.
"Do everything in your power to unite the uncontrolled territories and come back alive. If an ordeal is impassable, retreat at once.""

Now is time to choose your future expedition.

Azarian the Throughtbeast and Rin/Devourer the Crin
Continue with maximum haste.

Met Emily ? [2] [No]

• I - Meeting with Endovar :

The rest of the journey back to Tartarus was uneventful. You arrived just before the New Year at the Zethean capital, noticing the many changes wrought when you were gone.

Not wishing to waste any time, you led the Mentaloise envoys and Segas to the Tartarus, asking for an audience with king Radeus. Your request was granted, but before that Endovar wished to see you for a report of the expedition.
"It has nearly been a whole year Azarian. I'm relieved to see you back alive and in one piece, but I don't have much time to waste on formalities. How did the expedition go ? And about this fellow, did it behave ?"

He pointed at the Devourer, who was also in the room.

(...)

• II - Meeting with Radeus :
After the meeting with Endovar, you went on to the audience with king Radeus. Segas and the Mentaloise were with you. The eldest Mentaloise spoke with a clear voice, not using his telepathic powers :
"We bow ourselves in front of a mighty king, who tamed the Mountain and rallied many monsters. Your general told us of your goal of unification. We saw from your city a shocking parity among species, and I beg to ask, what will happen to our kin if we submit to your rule ?"

Radeus answered to the turtle with his regal voice, filled with power.
"You won't have to fear for your people, and you won't be forced to leave your homeland. You will be able to live wherever you wish, and you will benefit from Zethe's protection and advantages. The price will be to follow our laws and work for the greater good of the country."

"What will happen to those who refuse to submit to your rule ?"

"Their souls will return to Gast."

The Mentaloise bowed, hiding its face. Shortly afterward, you learnt from them that they would become Zethean citizens.
Segas remained rather silent, but signified he would stay true to his word. Something seemed to occupy his thoughts.

[Mentaloise rallied to Zethe's cause / Segas recruited]

(...)

• III - Preparing for the future :

When this long day was over, a large and bloated Stalking Watcher sent by Endovar came to meet you.
"Lord Azarian, I am Occuloroth. I will be your guide and advisor for your stay in the Tartarus. As you heard from Lord Endovar himself, I am to help you prepare yourself for future expeditions."

Training, recruiting, researching, etc... All of this is available, and more if you have a particular idea.

Rin/Devourer the Crin
He (Endovar) pointed at the Devourer, who was also in the room.

After Azarian said what he had to say, Endovar signified you to stay in the room with him. He was standing at the other side of the room.
"It's only you and me now."

Emily the Bard Siren

After more than a week of traveling, you reached the Coast of Zethe.

• I - Recruitment : [1]

Treacherous and unforgiving lands, you heard the Coast of Zethe was a place where hostile monsters strived, living a life of constant battle.

You first approached some sort of lone giant monitor lizard basking in the sun. Immediately it attacked you, and you had to kill it on the spot. [4] Fortunately you didn't get wounded.

Unbeknownst to you, the Coast just recovered from a Neritian Tide. In such periods of time, monsters there became extremely aggressive and dangerous, attacking on sight.

[2] It didn't take long for your group to be attacked from all sides !
"We are surrounded ! Shit, what should we do ?" said Gara.

Skirmish Initiated !
Battlefield : you are on a sandy ground, the sea is close by and there are tall and sharp boulders scattered around.

Spoiler: Hostiles Data (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Emily's Allies (click to show/hide)

Actions taking place in a past time period

Now to try and Throw him.

Ogg -Throw- [Str2] : [4+2]
Torv -Land- [Str3] : [5+3]

Summoning all your strength, you then threw him across the room in the same fashion he did for you. The roused monsters couldn't stop roaring in excitement as Torv flew over them.

He rolled skillfully, minimizing the damages from the fall. Standing back up, his monstrous face smiled, and he laughed :
"Bwahaha ! Not half bad, really good even ! What's your name Boss ?"

You gained approval from Torv and the others

Rakar the Lryka
Talk to Arginas

"I'll let you do as you please as long as you obey my commands! Do you understand!?!"

Confront Arginas [Str3]: [6+3]
You spoke with a strong and commandeering voice to the rebellious falcon, intending to show him who was the leader here.
"Heh. As you command, chief. But I have your word, you will let me do as I please as long as I follow your orders."

He still answered with his daring attitude, you could clearly feel his hidden ambition.

[Arginas will follow your commands.]

World Status

Spoiler: King's Current Order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: State of Zethe (click to show/hide)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 04, 2016, 07:40:47 pm »

Continue to search for a community of monsters that have yet to side with the Dragons and Giants

Recruit monsters while we are traveling

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 04, 2016, 07:54:31 pm »

During the welcoming:"Better than expected in some ways, Endovar. The devourer is a.. Special case to be sure. I wish to keep them close to me for the time being in the interest of... improving their performance and situation respectively. In the meantime, I have much to attend to. I wish you three well."

After the envoys met the king:"You look troubled, Segas. Would you care to talk with me?"

After chatting with Segas:"Greetings Occuloroth, I will be staying here for a time. I need to organize and discuss with one of the generals about organizing a conquest of the coast. I Also urgently need to speak to Temet about a friend of mine, Preferrably in private.

Long term: Learn all I can in general, and expand my Intellect. Offer my troops the chance to leave their drafting and retire to the city to show I am not overly harsh. Have those that stay train both their bodies and their minds. In particular, If Berache stays I wish to have him train in leadership.

Short term: Speak to Temet about the devourer. Attempt to locate and request one of the generals or generals-to-be to aid me in conquering the coast.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 07:26:27 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12