Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 3  (Read 26722 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6) - IC - Year 0, Trimester 3
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2016, 05:30:14 pm »

(Weren't the brainwashed turtles returned to their people?)
(An update mistake, will change this as soon as possible)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2016, 08:01:11 pm »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2016, 11:33:34 pm »

Turn 3.3 : Year 0 of the Zethean Calendar ~Third Trimester~

Eversor the Death Lord -Animated Armor-
"I'd prefer my soldiers to be undead, like myself."

Recruit more troops. Then go to the Training branch. I need to improve my Leadership.

"I understand. We will have to walk a fair bit from there, the barracks for undead candidates is located in a wing of the Tartarus far from habitations. Compared to the living, undead have special needs that we had to accommodate in some way or another."

• I - Eversor's Growing Army :
Troops Quality : [2]
Peculiar Individuals : [5]
Sullima led you to an underground area connected to the fortress yet technically not underneath the mountain. It was an old catacomb like labyrinth with an atmosphere evoking mourning and peace. The vast majority of monsters dwelling there were undead : animated carcasses in different stages of decomposition, ethereal beings seemingly made of some foggy substance and even pure agglomerate of ectoplasmic substance.

You reached a wide crypt carved in the a gray rock reminiscent of slate. Undead of all kind were gathered and supervised there by apparently competent individuals, probably as an attempt to add some discipline to this undead rally.

"This is the majority of undead soldier of Tartarus, most of them volunteered or were recruited in the past months. They come from different origins."

The slime took out a scroll from her body.
"Here we have a force of 600 undead soldiers, with an average evaluated combat rating of 2. Yes, many of them are rather weak, but they make up for it in numbers.
The brunt of them is composed of undead beasts, reborn from monsters of all kind. Humanoids are few.
Some of them are spectres and ghosts, born from the accumulation of undeath energy or from some spell.
We also have a few flesh golems, who initially helped in construction work. They are strong, and could act as decent siege units if need be.
As for animated armors, they are all currently drafted in the Royal Guard. As they lived for eons in the fortress, they know its layout better than anyone else. You could make a special demand if you wanted to add some of them to your army."

Then she reached another part of the scroll.
"Among the officers, two of them really stand out.
Iphalanx, who calls itself a Bone Destroyer.
Dys Estyx, who calls itself an Elder Phantasm.
Here."

She gave you the scroll.
This Iphalanx is a colossal creature made of sharp fused bones. He is an outstanding warrior, having lived and killed strong creatures for very long, absorbing the skulls and bones of the strongest creatures he fought in its body. He constantly rearranges its appearance to adapt to the situation.
Preferred method of killing is via impalement, he like fighting, but not killing needlessly. It seems he prides strength and the honor associated with it.

This Dys Estyx is a chilling creature looking like a humpbacked humanoid made of an unknown ectoplasmic substance. It has no expression, and black bones belonging to some unknown creature lies inside, protecting a glowing red orb. He is a very intelligent individual, and possess the power to manipulate the energy characteristic of undead.
It was initially in the magic research department, and was moved to supervise undead troops and research ways of increasing their powers. It can reanimate corpses into lesser soulless undead.

"Are those soldiers fine with you ? If positive, Lord Endovar asked you to choose a name for your division. He believes having a name would increase the morale and psychological impact of your forces."

+600 Undead Soldier added to troops.
Among them a dozen of Flesh Golems, hundreds of Undead Beasts and around a hundred of Ghosts/Spectres

Training Branch visit will proceed right after

Azarian the Throughtbeast and Rin/Devourer the Crin
"Indeed Segas, though I managed to get a head start on it due to a meeting with the mentaloise,who listened to my intent. Most of the people here follow the law of the strong, and I will need to return home soon to request an army.
As for me being cold and calculating? No, I am not cold. I feel emotion, and I care for those under my leadership, as poor as it may be. I merely judge the most efficient way of completing my objective with minimal cost.
Now, regardless of what happens, I ask that you stay safe. It wouldn't be right for us to go and find out you got into a fight you couldn't handle."

let the sage decide what he will do, and then depart. Go back to the mentaloise and ask for the envoys that are to head to the kingdom.
(Weren't the brainwashed turtles returned to their people?)
Rin heads back with her friend.

"My apologies for misjudging you. So you met the Mentaloises, you could say you were fortunate as they are among the only pacific monsters of the Coast. You saw how harsh life is in there, none is safe from becoming a prey. I don't dislike the way things are, and I was one of those who established this status quo."

He raised his pincer and tapped lightly on the ground.
"Your arrival is announcing a turn in the tide. Your leader has a strong vision, strong and absurd enough to fascinate and gather many followers... For a region where individual strength is supreme and cooperation is opportunist, those who won't side with your kingdom are sure to perish.
I will lend you my help, granted you take me to your capital."

[Segas aka "The Hermit Sage", Pagurus Warlord joined]

• I - Back to the Mentaloises :
You returned to the Mentaloises, but they had scattered once more. Fortunately you only had to ask one of them for the information to spread across their population, and the chosen envoys quickly joined your group. Six of them, with the Mentaloise that spoke to you among them.
"We are ready."

Before you departed, Churateth the Watcher reported to you :
"We are led to believe our movements are being monitored. We can sense hostile movement coming from the sea, I would advise making a detour to avoid any confrontation with whoever they are."

Ogg Goreth Junger the Oogr -Magi-
We Not Eaten Well in Many Suns, Take me to Food!
Probably off To Eat While I Wait.

"Sure thing, follow me !"

Jur led you to a huge room filled with the scent of tasty raw meat and many monsters eating their fill of food with vigor. Any piece of unfinished meal was left on the ground, which was regularly swept by slimes and roaches like monsters. There was some sort of bar on the other side of the room, from which a stronger scent of food came out.

The small goblin took a stool and stood on it, calling for a monster behind the counter. It was a very muscled troll, carrying with her a dead boar.
"Hoy ! The finest meat for Ogg, he came back from an expedition today !"

The troll nodded and quickly came back with a fat and juicy piece of meat with the bone sticking out. You began drooling uncontrollably, and your stomach rumbled in a demanding way.
"Freshly hunted buffalo. Enjoy."

And the troll returned to serving other customers.

You sunk your teeth in the rare piece of muscle, filling your mouth with tasty meat juice sending a whole shiver of pleasure in your whole body. You chewed the tender and fresh piece in your mouth, savoring with your tongue and palate the flavor released by your mastication. And finally, you swallowed, appeasing your eager stomach.

(...)

After having eaten your fill, you left, keeping a leg bone to suck and gnaw on. He took you back to the room you started in, and took out a scroll.
"Did you appreciate ? Now we can begin, can you make me a report of your expedition ? Then we will decide what you will do in the near future. According to what I was told, you may either choose to command troops or lead a small elite force. After this process, you will be free to go back on a campaign if you wish to.

Er so... um, Lord Eversor is still currently in the Tartarus, preparing to go back to the Wenat Plains.
Forests of Ylmeria are partially controlled, but the Hyalmenid threat remains. As for the Coast and the Mountains of Orotar, we have got no news from the monsters who went there."

Emily the Bard Siren
"May I take the job on the coast? as you can probably tell it would be a good and strategic idea for me to be near water" She says twirling a small ring of water around her finger Slowly start seducing some of my co workers

Sedu...
Endovar glared at you with his many blue dot-like eyes.
"Emily is it ? No using abilities on each other when I am explaining something. It foes for you too Hozast."

He also glared at the spectre. You stopped twirling the ring of water due to the harsh words of your superior.
"Your statement have a point Emily, the Coast is your environment and you should meld with ease among the monsters there. I support your initiative, you may head for the Coast. Gather informations about the main forces there, and if possible join with Azarian, one of our commanders on expedition."

He gave you a detailed appearance of Azarian and told you what was known about the Coasts. Neritians were the dominant power there, but not much else was known. Afterward, he took care of the other monsters present, sending them at various places.

"If you have any question, ask one of my subordinates. They usually carry scroll holders or various documents with them. Now then, I bid you good luck."

Endovar left the room as fast as he came, probably heading to deal with another matter.

Emily -Seduce- [Mag3]: [4+3] [7]
Hozast -Probe Mind- [Mag3]: [1+3] [4]
Once he left, everyone present sensed the spectre trying to probe their mind. The panther and the harpy threatened Hozast with their claws and talons, taking the attention away from you.

"Don't you dare to that again on me ghost." said the panther monster.

When they had their back turned, you used of some power to seduce them. Once they were done chastising Hozast, the panther and the fay approached you with a friendly gesture.
"Gara, looking forward to working with you."
"Stivily, nice to meet you."

The harpy with brown wings on the other hand seemed not too fond of you.
"See ya all."

And she began to leave the room.

World Status

Spoiler: King's Current Order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: State of Zethe (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2016, 02:06:08 am »

"I agree with that reasoning Churateth, though we should also attempt to identify who or what they are and how many are there. if they actively try to intercept, we will need to know what we are up against."
Detour, but have the watchers keep a close eye on that movement. if worst comes to worst, I want to know what I am up against before the fight begins.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2016, 10:14:21 am »

"They are not bad. And as for the name, I believe I do have a fitting one for my division."

Eversor turns to his soldiers and raises his voice.

"From this day onwards, you and I will be known as the 'Blade of Tartarus', ready to cleave through any who oppose the King of Zethe!"

The Blade of Tartarus is forged. Ask Dys Estyx if he's interested in the position of being my strategist and tactician. Iphalanx will lead the Flesh Golems, if he believes that he'll do a good job at it. Have my Animated Armor troops serve as captains. Asl and Erp will stay with me as my guards and adjutants.

Then go to the Training Branch and improve my leadership. Asl, Erp and Iphalanx will improve their combat strength. Dys Estyx will leave for the Magic Branch to train as well. Unless they have an objection. I've no reason to force them. And have my troops train as well in the meantime.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 03:53:37 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2016, 03:18:09 pm »

Grab whoever is willing to come with me and head for the coasts, also try and find out what types of monsters live there
No sig yet

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2016, 06:16:34 pm »

Me try gather monsters from Forest, but the few Me Find were Eaten by Spiders, Me Now try gathering Monsters In the Mountains.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2016, 05:28:29 am »

"I am from the Monstrous Kingdom of Zethe ordered by Kng Radeus himself to come! We wish to build a world where monsters do not have to fear the three races but instead live without fear. I wish for you to join us in creating such a world!"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2016, 07:41:22 am »

Keep on going with azarian try to keep a look out.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2016, 03:42:03 am »

Turn 3.4 : Year 0 of the Zethean Calendar ~Third Trimester~

((Turn 4 should come sooner or later))

Azarian the Throughtbeast and Rin/Devourer the Crin
"I agree with that reasoning Churateth, though we should also attempt to identify who or what they are and how many are there. if they actively try to intercept, we will need to know what we are up against."
Detour, but have the watchers keep a close eye on that movement. if worst comes to worst, I want to know what I am up against before the fight begins.
Keep on going with azarian try to keep a look out.

"Understood, we will make sure none escape our sight."

• I - Detour :

Those from the sea : [1]

"Lord Azarian. Taking another way was a good move, we confirmed the presence of a huge armed force outnumbering us at least 20 to 1. They have begun moving, and are attacking the monsters of the coast."

Hundreds and hundreds of Neritians swarmed the coast, attacking together all monsters on sight. With the force of numbers, none could resist them.
"Coast-dwellers call this a neritian tide. They periodically attack the shore en masse to harvest food and materials. We were lucky to avoid it."

The Devourer was still pretty tame. Apart from the prey-incident, it behaved itself pretty nicely. The same Mentaloise from before spoke to it.
(Why and how is a being as abominable as yourself allied with this Zethe kingdom ?)

Eversor the Death Lord -Animated Armor-
"They are not bad. And as for the name, I believe I do have a fitting one for my division."

Eversor turns to his soldiers and raises his voice.

"From this day onwards, you and I will be known as the 'Blade of Tartarus', ready to cleave through any who oppose the King of Zethe!"

The Blade of Tartarus is forged. Ask Dys Estyx if he's interested in the position of being my strategist and tactician. Iphalanx will lead the Flesh Golems, if he believes that he'll do a good job at it. Have my Animated Armor troops serve as captains. Asl and Erp will stay with me as my guards and adjutants.

Then go to the Training Branch and improve my leadership. Asl, Erp and Iphalanx will improve their combat strength. Dys Estyx will leave for the Magic Branch to train as well. Unless they have an objection. I've no reason to force them. And have my troops train as well in the meantime.

You rearranged the composition of your army.
Dys Estyx assigned to strategist and tactician.
Iphalanx assigned to Flesh Golem unit.
Esl and Arp assigned to personal guards and adjutants.
Animated Armors assigned as officers/captains.

[GM found a satisfying Army Sheet !]

Dys Estyx : "At your command Lord Eversor."
Iphalanx : "I should be able to handle them. All I need is to them tell what to attack after all, right ?"
Esl and Arp : "We will be your blades."
Animated Armors : "We won't disappoint you Lord."

Sullima scribbled on a scroll.
"Blade- Of- Tartarus-. Grand and epic, Lord Endovar will love it. Let's proceed to the Training Branch's grounds."

She took you to a vast complex not too far from the main barracks. The Training Grounds were an association of facilities above and underground covering a vast area. The members of the Training Branch were instructors and recruiters, but they weren't the only one to dispense training. Sullima explained the philosophy of the Training Branch was "Become stronger through sharing", and so everyone honing its skills in this place was also expected to share its experience with the others.

Monsters came from so many different places, had such a wide variety of skills and powers that one could hardly learn everything.

And thus, your training began.

• I - Training :
Leadership Training : [3] [4]
You had an instructor help you better your leadership skills. A veteran pack leader of a giant hunting lizards species, he told you all he knew about leadership. You also got the help of monsters training here, coming from various horizons. Seeing all these different views and advices on how to lead a group to victory greatly helped you.

Leadership increased by 1 [The higher a stat, the harder it will be to increase]

Asl, Erp and Iphalanx : [2]
Esl, Arp and Iphalanx Combat Rating raised slightly. [+1]

Dys Estyx : [4]
In the Magic Branch, Dys Estyx honed its magic powers. He is also developing a new spell !
[CR+2]
[Fuse Lesser Undead - Incomplete Spell]

Troops : [4]
Seeing your disciplined troops training was a greet sight to behold.
CR Increases :
Animated Armor +2
Bartoros +2
Undead Beasts/Ghosts +3
Flesh Golems +2

Emily the Bard Siren
Grab whoever is willing to come with me and head for the coasts, also try and find out what types of monsters live there

Grab : [5]
Under your charm spell, Gara and Stivily showed interest in coming with you despite having been assigned missions by Endovar. You pressed once more for them to come, and though reluctant inside, they came.

Was it a good idea to relinquish their missions ?

According to an investigation made by a monster named Azarian, the types of monsters living on the coast were mainly the followings : Crustacean and Beast types, some Mollusk, Amphibian and Amorphous types. In the water lived Neritians, liquid beings related to slime monsters.

Eager to start your quest, you promptly left the Tartarus capital for the coast.

[Currently in Tartarus surroundings]

Spoiler: Emily's Allies (click to show/hide)

Ogg Goreth Junger the Oogr -Magi-
Me try gather monsters from Forest, but the few Me Find were Eaten by Spiders, Me Now try gathering Monsters In the Mountains.

"Alright', all noted down. Lord Endovar was ve-ry insistent on not letting you leave unpra- unprepara- unprepared. Augh, just follow me."

The Red Troll was still following you, silently enjoying a full belly. Jur led you to a room with a ring in the middle. Two muscled humanoid monsters were wrestling loudly, grunting and roaring.

Troops Quality : [4]
Peculiar Individuals : [6]

The room was filled with a dozen monsters watching the fight or sparing.

"OY ! IT'S JUR !" shouted the small goblin.

They immediately stopped, breaking the hold and approaching the edge of the ring. The one on the left, a noseless and earless beefy monster said :
"Hrmpf, Jur. Who's that ?"
"Your new boss', order from Endovar."

A tusked humanoid in the back murmured with surprise "order from strict boss !". The noseless monster said :
"Oor. New boss, I'm Torv."
"Torv is a Gomortt from mountains far to the west. Those are Nobur and Berbur the Daldums and Hakalak the Yukogre. They are all strong and good fighters, but they won't accept just anyone easily."

Torv nodded toward you, telling you to come on the ring.

Rakar the Lryka
"I am from the Monstrous Kingdom of Zethe ordered by Kng Radeus himself to come! We wish to build a world where monsters do not have to fear the three races but instead live without fear. I wish for you to join us in creating such a world!"

Charisma [Str3]: [5+3] [8]
You exposed your goal, promoting the nobleness of your cause. The Griffin had a keen understanding gaze.

"This is a problematic matter, we Griffins are about to join the alliance of the Mountains. But I am not disinterested by your offer...
Why would we ally with you instead of the Dragons and Giants ? What would we gain from a kingdom we never heard of, while the Dragons and Giants know the needs and desires of us Griffin ?"

He spoke with respect, showing his intellect.
"I am not rebuking your proposal, but this is the safety of my kin we are talking about. We know nothing of you, it is in our right to doubt an outsider. As such I propose you a deal. I will lend you some of my Griffins to support and monitor you for me. At the same time I will send envoys to your King Radeus.
I will wait a week before making a decision."

World Status

Spoiler: King's Current Order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: State of Zethe (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 06:16:26 pm by Nakéen »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2016, 07:07:06 am »

No orders yet? Well then, more training time for the army. Eversor will try to level up his LEA once more. Dys Estyx may continue his magic research. Iphalanx goes for LEA. Asl and Erp will go for STR. The troops will continue their drills.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2016, 10:01:07 am »

Simple I am here for power and the abilty to get food easier this kingdom is advantageous and I am allied becuase the king deemed That I deserved a chance.
Rin breathes deep tapping her feet nervously moving hoping that she'll be back in that city soon......

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2016, 11:17:31 am »

I Grin And Get In.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2016, 11:24:47 am »

He would look to the Mentaloise who was speaking with rin before turning back to focus on the path ahead.
"It is not my place to question the judgement of the king, so long as he can deliver on his promises. On the same note, you could concider this a probation for them. They are being watched by me to make sure they will benefit the kingdom and not cause needless destruction."
Continue with maximum haste.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2016, 12:38:17 pm »

"Hey if i could get rid of devourer I would."
move with haste!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12