Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [SG] I am a Demon  (Read 5887 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] I am a Demon
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 07:14:38 am »

As I might not have been explicit enough, I'm gonna make it clear that the shapeshifting ability can only morph between two forms, your human form and your demonic (as some demonic attributes cause some quite noticeable changes). This can be improved on later, as can any other attribute, although some may be harder than other.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2016, 08:20:56 am »

Hmmm... Modern versus fantasy...
While demons in fantasy are almost a staple, to come out of a medieval stasis culture into the modern world can provide a lot of cognitive dissonance moments. For instance, instead of having to hide from any pesky inquisitors and paladins, they'd be trying to keep a low profile from omnipresent CCTV and cell phones, biometric IDs and internet monitoring; instead being met with fear, greed or disgust when revealing themselves, they would be faced with disbelief, scoffed - and, just possibly, end up being shot in the face.
Yup, Modern, please!

As for my list:
3-Sword - just in case
6-Arcane Spell book - Xerox, meet magic book. A guaranteed best-seller!
8-Indentured Imp - A proper supernatural slave can be great for awing fools (mind those cameras, though)
3-Mortal Documents - can't do much, or remain free for long, without them...
1-Fine clothes - it's good not having the trouble to procure some, it's even better if we don't start our new life with charges of public indecency

6-Mind - the befuddler should not be befuddled
8-Senses - it's just sensible

15-Pact-binder - lawyers are considered demons anyway, so why can't a demon be a lawyer?

does anyone know how to get shading on text?
Experiment with the 5th and 6th button on the full editor's second row.
+1. And be nice to demons, it's not their fault everyone compares them to lawyers.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 08:30:10 am »

-snip-
+1. And be nice to demons, it's not their fault everyone compares them to lawyers.
+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 10:28:31 am »

25 - Mind - Increasing our intelligence is something very difficult to do, so getting some amount is essential. Getting a high amount is useful because it increases our ability to learn and outsmart other intelligent opponents. Getting it to the maximum amount is ensuring everything goes all according to plan *flashes red demonic eyes*
5 - Shapeshifting - The possibilities are endless with this power
5 - Magical Talent - While I don't particularly relish playing yet another mage build, having some amount of magical knowledge in case we need it is necessary considering what we are. Our high Mind lets us learn magic easy in any case
15 - Pact-binder - Five centuries of experience at rules lawyering will buy us much in the mortal realm and more besides, especially considering our extreme intelligence

If we're going to be in a modern time period, the subtlety shape-shifting will grant us will be invaluable. Maximum Intelligence is essential if we want to be able to quickly adjust to the modern world, and with it, we can gain much more than we lose now to gain it. Magical Talent will be extremely useful, both as a trick card, and a utility. And five centuries of haggling experience is not something to be taken lightly. +1.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2016, 12:47:13 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2016, 07:19:23 am »

Quote from: Plan Maegil
3-Sword - just in case
6-Arcane Spell book - Xerox, meet magic book. A guaranteed best-seller!
8-Indentured Imp - A proper supernatural slave can be great for awing fools (mind those cameras, though)
3-Mortal Documents - can't do much, or remain free for long, without them...
1-Fine clothes - it's good not having the trouble to procure some, it's even better if we don't start our new life with charges of public indecency

6-Mind - the befuddler should not be befuddled
8-Senses - it's just sensible

15-Pact-binder - lawyers are considered demons anyway, so why can't a demon be a lawyer?

Bound hand and foot and seated in the most uncomfortable chair I’ve ever experienced, I look around at the sea of demons. Most didn’t actually have to be here, but the opportunity to watch a once-mighty demon brought low is guaranteed to bring a crowd. I recognise some of them too. Old colleagues, employees, business rivals, all with varying levels of amusement plastered across their ugly faces.

I even spotted a few of my contacts amongst the crowd, grinning away just like everyone else. I’m not surprised, they got a very good deal out of this. They’re obliged to keep their end, but unfortunately the delivery was left worryingly unspecific. I’ll just have to hope they don’t waste too much time.

After a few more moments of searching, I also found my old boss. Mnrt’arq. I stared at him, determined to memorise every line and feature of his face, every mannerism and acts he has performed. I needed to remember the face of the demon who did this to me, even if that was all I would know.

Thunk.

A hush goes over the crowd, as they all turn to face behind me. Despite being fixed in place, I shifted in this unpleasant excuse for a chair, craning my head, trying to look. Three robed figures emerge through an arch, carrying staves and striking the ground with each step. They slowly march forward before moving to stand, equidistant, around my seat of honour. These were the warlocks tasked with cleansing me of my demonic nature and my memories. If my hurried plans had failed, they would be the last memory I would never recall.

“Let it be known to all that the demon before you has been found guilty of high treason against the state and his Excellency, Prince Vokshr’nka,” three voices spoke. “He is to be exiled from this place, and all that would make him demon, cleansed.”

Then, the figure directly in front spoke, alone. “Any last words?”

I locked my gaze on Mnrt’arq, stared him straight in the eyes. I am going to get that heaven-spawned son of a bitch even if I have to destroy the entire infernal realm and I meant for him to know it.

“Some may think this is the end. They are wrong. This is merely the beginning.”

The robed demon nodded, before to chant. As his two companions joined him, I could feel my bones shift, my skin crawl, my brain itch. At first irritating, it quickly blew through uncomfortable, surpassed unpleasant and launched into down-right painful.

I kept my eyes on Mnrt’arq even as my vision started to blur. My hearing and my sense of smell was going to, the taste of sulphur was disappearing from my tongue and the chair was distinctly less uncomfortable now that I couldn’t feel it. Blinking and squinting to keep Mnrt’arq in focus, I think I saw a flash of uncertainty cross his face before my sight abandoned me.

Only pain remained and by the devil it endured.

Pain remained and it endured.

Pain endured.

Pain.

I…

I endure…

Your lungs burn. The acrid fumes that were so pleasant before are choking now, stinging your eyes and filling your nostrils. You lie on rough stone, darkness around you, the only source of light is a swirling vortex of colour.

You feel a compulsion to move towards it.

As you lift your arms, you feel your skin pulled taught against you, devoid of moisture, cracking in the heat. Every joint in agony, you half crawl, half drag yourself towards the portal.

Left arm…

Right leg…

Right arm…

Left leg…

Repeat.

Slowly, painstakingly, your decrepit form moves towards until, finally, blissfully, you reach the edge and fall through.

Flashes of colour. Snatches of sound. You fall through eternity. It’s a long shot, but with enough force of will, you may be able to alter your destination:

-   Forest Glade
-   Sprawling Metropolis
-   Isolated Fjord
-   Quiet Hamlet
-   Cursed Crossroads

Spoiler: Jorgen Juve (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 09:05:55 am by Kashyyk »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2016, 07:30:35 am »

Cursed Crossroads.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2016, 08:30:29 am »

What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2016, 02:13:16 pm »

Cursed Crossroads

Luck [11]

Streaks of colour begin to form and the sense of falling fades. With the same amount of force as falling out of a chair, you hit the floor, adding a number of shallow cuts and grazes to your collection. By the feel of it, you’ve landed on more rock. Rough, with the occasional crack and loose stone just to make it even more unpleasant to lie on.

You take a moment to draw your first few breaths of non-acrid air, and relish the clean, cool taste of it. Steeling yourself, you then roll onto your back, to discover a bright, star-filled night sky. Combined with the full moon, the sky is bright enough that when you crane your neck to look, you can see the horizon, perfectly flat except for a few trees to the front left and front right, beyond them appears to me a couple of buildings. Behind and to the left is another building. Behind and to the right is nothing but darkness.

Right now you should...
-   Head towards the building in front and to the left
-   Head towards the building in front and to the right
-   Head towards the building  behind and to the left
-   Head into the darkness behind and to the right
-   Do something else?

Spoiler: Jorgen Juve (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 03:19:29 pm by Kashyyk »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2016, 03:06:55 pm »

Head into the darkness behind and to the right

We need some time to recover and wait for... what was it? Oh, for some contracts to be fulfilled, yes, and we don't want to attracting undue attention. Things will certainly look better once we've rested a bit and got dressed... Why was it that we wanted to get dressed again?
Whatever... First rest, then clothes.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 04:07:37 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2016, 03:53:05 pm »

Ooh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4