Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88735 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2016, 09:43:09 am »

Kal seems to almost be quivering with anger.

I do not care what the rest of you do, but I intend to see that no goblin steps foot in that cathedral....

So saying he walks in that direction. As he passes the Construct he gives a terse nod as thanks for the help.

((Obviously if there are other goblins attacking townsfolk around him he doesn't head straight for the cathedral, but I'm assuming there aren't any? If there are he changes "Walks in that direction" to "begins to walk in that direction, curses, and goes to help the townsfolk."))
((That's why I said follow the screaming))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2016, 10:07:50 am »

((Yea, just read back to Hanzoku's original post. Goblins flooded the square, and this was only one group. With that in mind, action changes))

Kal nods at the construct in thanks, remembering his fighting in the contest. A worthy ally....and a dangerous foe. Nevertheless, he hears the turmoil of the surrounding townsfolk, and nods at Steven's suggestion. First he helps straighten Etoile up, giving him another encouraging clap on the shoulder and a few hasty words of encouragement.

Okay. Time to get on with it.

He urges the group to move together in one cohesive unit.

As they pick their way towards the next fight, the others hear him say in Sylvan:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2016, 01:14:13 pm »

((Apiks came with a cool site for atmospheric music and sounds, which I’ll probably use later. Unfortunately, they have one combat track and one field battle track for the fantasy section, and the sound of automatic gunfire in the background is a bit… out of place here. But still, it did spark the idea to share music ideas/tracks to fit the mood. Feel free to come with your own, but here’s what I had in mind for the following section…
Those Who Fight, Advent Children))

The group begins to move towards the cathedral, noticing a few scorch marks on the stonework, but the goblins had figured out that the stone building wasn’t going to burn as easily as the rest of the town. The doors stand open, but two of the acolytes are standing in front of them with weapons and shields, though still dressed in their simple robes. As the group approaches two more bustle out dressed in armor and relieve the first two, who rush inside, presumably to pull on armor as well.  Peering through the door, the cathedral is filled with many who sought the safety of its stout walls and the protection of the gods.

A bloom of fire at the south end of the square draw their attention, and a rising roar of avian rage. Fires rage around the menagerie, and the panicked owlbear smashes its way free. It stops to regard the group with rage-filled eyes, but it turns away abruptly.

“HOOOOO HO HO HOOOOOO!” it roars as it drops into a gallop, charging the band of dwarves and the gnome, who scatter in the face of its rage. The running battle takes them out of sight down the nearby street, but there are threats closer at hand to draw the group's attention.

Capering and laughing gleefully, a band of goblins darts past the burning tents of the menagerie, two of them waving torches with gleeful abandon. A female goblin leads them in a raucous song, her voice carrying over the sounds of chaos with magical power. Steven spots one with an armful of metal tubes, a powder horn bouncing at its back. Bringing up the back of the group is an older goblin holding a staff topped with fetishes of burnt wood and fire-blackened stones.

The groups eyes meet, and the moment is broken by the mounting warcries of the goblins.

((Need to stat out one of them, before I roll initiative and make up the map, let me know how you’re laid out – who’s in front, who’s hanging back, etc.

Zeratuu is near the front, behind Aloisturm and in front of Etoile if he’s in the middle/back. If he’s up front, she’s at his side.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2016, 01:54:30 pm »

((I think Etoile and Aloisturm should be at the front, Steven and Kal being behind them. Zeratuu should be at the side?))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2016, 01:56:21 pm »

((Kal will be to the back and side. Maybe he can colour spray them.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2016, 02:28:17 pm »

((Oh god...))

"Careful around that one with fire. I can't shoot him without risking heavy damages."

Steven points out the one with the powder horn and takes position behind the young man.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2016, 04:52:30 pm »

((I'm not going to be a jerk about powder horns and fire, unless you're trying to deliberately set them off. As I understand it, magicial fire is there and gone fast enough to not overheat things, and the container is sealed))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 29, 2016, 05:46:14 pm »

((I'm not going to be a jerk about powder horns and fire, unless you're trying to deliberately set them off. As I understand it, magicial fire is there and gone fast enough to not overheat things, and the container is sealed))
((They have torches))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 29, 2016, 06:29:01 pm »

Aloisturm pondered the meatbag's warning.

"That strikes me as a favorable thing, if you can attack it from far enough away. Surely the Enemy would take more damage than you."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 30, 2016, 07:08:22 pm »

((Sorry for the delay, it's been rather busy lately. Hopefully the initial positioning meets with your approval.

((Map explanation time - The grey squares with the 5s is the stage the speeches were given from, its a 5' height difference The blocks at the top are the stairs to climb up normally, you'll have to make a skill check to get up on the stage if you approach from another square. The green squares are the tends of the menagerie, with the red square being where one of the tents is in flames. Standing in that square will deal fire damage to you. The brown squares is the sides of a building once again.

T1 and T2 are goblins with torches, GL is the goblin looter, GB is the goblin bard, and GS is the gobln with the staff.))
((*roll* Initiative))

Zeratuu delays her action until after Aloisturm has acted

((Initiative Tracker: Zeratuu, Aloisturm, Zeratuu, TorchGoblin#1, TorchGoblin#2, Etoile, Goblin Looter, Goblin Warchanter, Goblin Sorcerer, Kal, Steven))
((Health Tracker: TorchGoblin#1: Healthy, TorchGoblin#2: Healthy, Goblin Looter: Healthy, Goblin Warchanter: Healthy, Goblin Sorcerer: Healthy))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2016, 07:15:28 pm »

((Ugh, fire. I could use some Energy Resistance right about now >_<))

The construct, seeing the scaly thing's hesitation, charges ahead to crush the Enemy! It makes a charge action to the tile 2 left of T1, and swings its Lucerne Hammer at T1!

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Ugh, fire. I could use some Energy Resistance right about now >_<))

The construct, seeing the scaly thing's hesitation, charges ahead to crush the Enemy! It makes a charge action to the tile 2 left of T1, and swings its Lucerne Hammer at T1!

((*roll* 1d20 + 6 vs Flat-Footed AC : 14 Hit!
*roll* Damage 1d12 + 10 : 16))

Aloisturm charge surprises the goblin, causing it to stumble gracelessly, lining it up perfectly for the construct's swing, which pulps it against the side of the platform, leaving the goblin's mangled corpse protruding out of the shattered wood.

Zeratuu

Heartened by Aloisturm's success, she duplicates its attack, closing on T2 and biting viciously at it.

((*roll* 1d20 + 5 vs Flat-Footed AC : 10 Miss))

However, her attack misses.

Torch-Goblin #2

Having seen what just happened to his buddy, the goblin drops his torch and draws his jagged little blade, swinging wildly at the scaled monster trying to eat him alive

((*roll* 1d20 + 3 vs AC 16 : 23 Threat!
*roll* 1d20 + 3 vs AC 16 : 13 Normal Hit
*roll* Damage 1d4 + 1 : 3))

Zeratuu yelps in pain as the jagged weapon strikes true, slicing through scales to spill blood down her side. Combined with the torture from earlier, she is in decidedly bad shape now.

((Initiative Tracker: Aloisturm, Zeratuu, TorchGoblin#2, Etoile, Goblin Looter, Goblin Warchanter, Goblin Sorcerer, Kal, Steven))
((Health Tracker: TorchGoblin#1: Dead, TorchGoblin#2: Healthy, Goblin Looter: Healthy, Goblin Warchanter: Healthy, Goblin Sorcerer: Healthy))

((Zeratuu got lucky that crit hadn't confirmed, otherwise she'd be disabled and rolling to stabilize. She's only got 2 HP left though, so she's going to be playing it more cautiously if she gets a chance to.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Startled at her yelp, he immediately runs next to her and casts Heal Light Wounds. Etoile then proceeds to try and look intimidating to the goblin so he is attacked, making his best moking face.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What's a moking face? :V ))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What's a moking face? :V ))
((That's what it is now))

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 77