Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88707 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2016, 01:05:09 am »

((Unless someone else has something they want to do, you can skip forward to just before sundown, when the consecration of the cathedral is set to begin.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2016, 01:17:18 am »

((I vote skip))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2016, 01:59:06 am »

((Time to skip))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2016, 04:23:09 am »

((Since Aloisturm was settled in to watch the group, I'll count his vote as skip as well as he's waiting for the rest of you. That said, that chugging noise you hear in the background might be the module plotline catching up. :P))

Agreed on their plan of action and rid of the collar, the group settles in to wait out the few hours, keeping a wary eye out through the front window of the building. Despite their nerves, the street is quiet, and no one notices Aloisturm lurking in between two buildings down the street where he has an excellent view of the building.
Volioker proves an entertaining host, with several tales from his times growing up in Magnimar, though he doesn’t discuss his younger years there. He also scrounges up a battered old backpack, which he gives to Zeratuu, along with some traveling food for the group that he scrounges up from his pantry. He also gifts Zeratuu with a set of Thieves Tools (or a basic locksmith set, as he calls them) as a loan, until she can pay him back.

As the sinking sun begins to splash red highlights across the rooftops, Volioker and the group start towards the square. Aloisturm notices the procession, and while he doesn’t see that any of them are particularly scaly, one is completely hidden in a hooded cloak and is being careful to not let anything be seen.

Aloisturm shadows the group, staying close enough to mark their path, and far enough back to not arouse their suspicions. As they reach the square, they find that most of the town is present, as are most of the outlanders.

Volioker separates from them with a final farewell and takes his place in the crowd, and the group, shadowed by Aloisturm begin edging their way around the north side of the square and take Church Street straight out Northgate and onto the Lost Coast Road.

They are near the well when Father Zantus takes the stage. He produces a stone with a glyph inscribed on it and smacks it firmly before throwing it into the air. At the apex of its arc, the thunderstone detonates, the peel of sound drawing everyone’s attention and quieting the square.

A stray dog under a nearby wagon starts awake at the sound and steps out, looking around nervously.

Everything is quiet as Father Zantus takes a deep breath to begin the first prayers of the consecration, but that stillness is broken by a woman’s scream. It lingers in the air for a moment before being joined by a man’s bellow of panic, and a third scream joins the chorus. Smoke begins to filter into the air all around town, as shrill, maniacal giggles sound all around the square.

The dog tries to run, but only manages to take two steps before something blurs by and it yelps, staggering. Blood gushes from its neck as the stray totters forward before collapsing in a heap, struggling for a breath that will never come again.

The voices begin to sing together, laughter punctuating their song.

Goblins chew and goblins bite
Goblins cut and goblins fight
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!

Goblins race and goblins jump
Goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head
Goblins here and you be dead!

Chase the baby, catch the pup.
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
We be goblins! You be food!

((*roll* Perception vs ?))

Of the group, only Steven catches sight of the green shape huddled under a nearby wagon, grinning with a mouth of jagged teeth as it licks blood from its weapon. Its eyes meet Steven’s and widen with insane glee.

”It has a boom stick! I want it!” it shrieks, and charges at the group, several others joining its frenzied attack as goblins pour into the square from all sides and chaos reigns.

In the panic, Aloisturm has made its way close enough to the group to be standing right behind them.

((*roll* Initiative))

Already on edge from the panic around them and the chanting of the goblins, no one is surprised when the first group races to engage them, with Etoile being the slowest to prepare himself.

Caught at the back of the group, Aloisturm is the first to react to the sudden attack.

((Initiative Tracker: Aloisturm, Kal, Steven, Zeratuu, Goblin #2, Goblin #1, Goblin #4, Etoile, Goblin #3))
((Health Tracker: Goblin #1: Healthy, Goblin #2: Healthy, Goblin #3: Healthy, Goblin #4: Healthy))

((The brown squares is the edge of a building and are impassible terrain. The squares marked with a 'd' are difficult terrain - the northern set is a wagon, the ones on the right are the edge of a table. Hopefully the squares with letters are otherwise clear.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2016, 05:39:41 am »

((Etoile is the last to prepare? That is so fitting, seeing that he's right in front and probably terrified.))

Etoile turns around and at the notice of the green creatures starts making shaking noises, teeth clattering. It took him a while to get his wits about.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2016, 06:50:06 am »

((Yeah, the dice favored a reasonable order as far as combat preparedness went. Hopefully in the future, Etoile can be more towards the middle or back of the group, at least for his nerves.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 23, 2016, 10:35:58 am »

((Wow, honestly surprised I ended up going first.

I'm pretty sure you guys are all primarily ranged fighters (correct me if I'm wrong, obviously), so I think I'll try to tie up the group on the far right.))

With the goblins' appearance, something stirred within Aloisturm. Long-dormant reflexes and reactions came to life for the first time in unknowable years as the construct rapidly assessed the situation. These creatures were the Enemy. The Enemy must be destroyed.

If it is possible to do so, Aloisturm charges to the space two tiles to the right of Etoile and attacks Goblin 2 with its Lucerne Hammer!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 23, 2016, 11:15:57 am »

((Etoile is actually a melee fighter, though that's as a last resort. Beforehand he buffs the party and then summons monster and stays inbetween the squishies and the enemy pretty much.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 23, 2016, 11:18:21 am »

((Zeratuu exists to give you a melee and flanking buddy outside of the summons, her main thing is to try to flank with Aloisturm, and then buzzsaw things with full attacks + sneak attacks.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 23, 2016, 12:13:14 pm »

((Steven is mid-range artillery with his 20' range on his pistol. I can shoot beyond that, but I lose my touch target unless I use deadeye))

"By Irori... Trouble follows like a hound chasing a fox..." Steven says as he blows smoke from his cigarette and readies for battle.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 23, 2016, 12:55:15 pm »

((Kal is front line melee.

Just kidding.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 23, 2016, 01:00:12 pm »

((Kal is front line melee.

Just kidding.))
((You can be, depends on your bloodline))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 24, 2016, 03:12:06 pm »

((Soooo...did goblin moidur happen?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 24, 2016, 03:29:16 pm »

If it is possible to do so, Aloisturm charges to the space two tiles to the right of Etoile and attacks Goblin 2 with its Lucerne Hammer!
((In case DM missed it

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 24, 2016, 05:02:28 pm »

((You rolled a 19 on your initiative, and your bonus is pretty in line with everyone else's. Sorry for the delay in the reply, its been a busy day today.

Going to go ahead and say you can charge, as there's a clear path between the others to where you're attacking from. So, that said...))

Zeratuu squeaks in surprise as the armored figure sprints past them, drawing a massive lucerne hammer as it moves. Aloisturm's armor configures for combat as it slides to a halt in front of its prey, transferring forward momentum into deadly kinetic energy as it lashes out with its hammer at the surprised greenskin.

((*roll*: Attack 1d20 + 6 vs Flat-Footed AC : 22 Hit!))
((*roll* Damage 1d12 + 10 : 15))

The goblin's head, neck, spine, ribcage and pelvis smash one after another as the hammer barges through its body with lethal finality. The other goblins recoil for a brief moment at the brutal execution of their companion, but seem beyond fear.

((Initiative Tracker: Aloisturm, Kal, Steven, Zeratuu, Goblin #1, Goblin #4, Etoile, Goblin #3))
((Health Tracker: Goblin #1: Healthy, Goblin #2: DEAD, Goblin #3: Healthy, Goblin #4: Healthy))
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 77