Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88685 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2016, 02:16:34 pm »

Placing a steadying hand on Etoile's shoulder, Kal reluctantly gives his full name.

Kal Templux.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2016, 02:52:39 pm »

"Steven."

He says still looking out, his words sounding distracted
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2016, 06:47:48 am »

Volioker coughs once romget Steven's attention and gestures for him to sit down "Now to complete the introductions, I am Volioker Briskalberd. I'm Sandpoint's resident locksmith, and that nice big wall is the town garrison, where half a dozen guards are at any given time. Trust me, young man, thugs aren't going to storm my shop anytime soon! Now explain what is going on."

He listens to the story gravely and nods at the finish "Those bearded gnomes who have the temerity to call themselves dwarves are an affront to my people, this is too true. I'll be sure to drop a word in Belor's ear to encourage them not to linger. When they're gone, so is the bounty, and then most of those thugs will lose any interest they had in you.

Now, if you want to lie low out of town until they leave, that might be sensible. If you want to sneak out, the dedication will have almost everyone's attention, even those Sczarni bastards. The only thing is you'll have to sneak through the cathedral square, but they won't try anything with such a crowd present.

Now, if you lot want to cool your heels here for a few hours until the ceremony, I could stand to host a few guests."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2016, 10:43:05 am »

"They can track the collar, although it doesn't seem to be the most accurate. And I don't think the thugs are our biggest problem."

Steven takes a seat and lights another cigarette as he starts to roll new ones

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2016, 09:41:37 am »

"I think we should get rid of it first."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2016, 02:01:47 pm »

((I should have said, as it is in two pieces, the collar can't be tracked, as it's no longer the object that needs to be visualized. Snap the collar back together and it can be tracked again))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2016, 12:11:58 am »

((I should have said, as it is in two pieces, the collar can't be tracked, as it's no longer the object that needs to be visualized. Snap the collar back together and it can be tracked again))
((Steven wouldn't know this. He just saw the menagerie owners tracking them and then spotting them))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2016, 02:15:28 am »

((When you told Etoile that he knew about the locksmith Volioker I assumed that because Etoile had been living in the city for so long that that's why he'd know him, or at least exchanged one or two words. (if he really is the sole locksmith then even more reason) That's why Etoile called him Uncle.

Also, out of the four of us, only Kal can freely walk the streets since they didn't really notice him that much I guess. We could bring this up to the constables, or just hide.))

"I'm worried about you Uncle. I don't want to put you in any danger! W-w-we should leave."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2016, 04:00:40 am »

((That's why he knew about Volioker, and he's indeed the town's locksmith. The thugs know everyone by sight now, though Kal would have the best chance of walking around on his own without problems, as he's dressed in the same style as the rest of the region. Steven stands out in his duster and cowboy hat, and they've seen a picture of Etoile. How much they remember though... that's another question.))

Volioker grins as he wiggles his stubby fingers. One moment they're empty, the next a wickedly hooked kukri is grasped firmly in his fist. Just as quickly, the blade is stowed away wherever he had produced it. "Lad, I grew up on the streets of Magnimar, and the thugs there are ten times the problem as our local little band of fools and idiots. Don't you worry yourself about me, if any of them is stupid enough to hassle me, I'll sort them out... and if I don't finish the job, Jubrayl will. He keeps trying to woo me into joining the Sczarni here in Sandpoint, and he'll be very angry if one of his lads is stupid enough to try to get rough with me."

"Now, getting rid of collar is easy enough. Down the street is the Old Light, and you can throw it into the ruins there and let the fools break their necks clambering about trying to find it. Or you can go behind the house and toss it out into the ocean... though you'd better do it from behind old Quink's place, as the cliffs behind my house have a wide stretch of beach below. Or hell, you can ask the guards at the Garrison to stick that collar in one of the cells. I'd love to see those fools faces when they're stuck wanting to break into the prison!" Volioker says, laughing at the last thought.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2016, 04:22:06 am »

Etoile recoils a bit at the apparent aggressive behavior of the dwarf and is left with a new impression of him, putting him in a slight awe. Afterwards he turns to his scary companions and asks them what they want to do, messing up his words at the start.

"Whach an... which one do you want to do?"
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2016, 04:26:01 am »

((....oh. Right, Kal is going to have to make a decision. Heh. Where'd all the leader types go of a sudden?))

We can't just give it to the Guard - they're liable to hunt Zeratuu as a dangerous escapee, and possibly would have if they weren't so busy today. Of the others suggested I favour the sea - if we're lucky, it will get carried further down the coast.

Unless anyone else has any suggestions?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2016, 04:44:16 am »

((I'm playing a DMPC, so no decision making out of me. :P Besides, she can only follow a third of the conversation, though I'm assuming every now and then someone catches her up in a language she's fluent in.

Also, Sandpoint is a Lawful Good town, and slavery is illegal in this part of the world. Now, people might turn a blind eye where monsters are concerned (especially when dressed up and presented as a dragon whelp) because those aren't 'people', but overall the Guard are pretty good guys. Not saying that misunderstandings can't/won't happen, but there's a reason that the dwarves turned to the criminal element so quickly.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2016, 07:58:19 am »

((Steven will translate in dwarven))
"As long as it's gone, I don't care. Throwing it into the ocean seems fastest."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2016, 08:03:07 am »

Alright. I'll go do it myself - probably best if you all stay here. We don't want Zeratuu being near the collar. Steven, you can protect them and Etoile .... Kal looks at the obviously anxious scholar... Etoile can keep her company.

Unless someone says something in reply, Kal leaves with the collar and heads towards where the Locksmith suggested.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2016, 08:10:34 am »

Steven nods silently and keeps his gun palmed.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 77