Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Starting Location should we use? (Should note: After editing, you apparenlty can't change your votes anymore.)

Dutchy of Antioch (Greek/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with one daughter.  Dead Uncle was former Emperor.  End point of Silk Road.  Vassal of Byzantines.)
- 6 (10.2%)
County of Orvieto (Italian/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with one son.  Vassal of the Pope.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Duke of Salerno (Lombard/Orthodox/Fuedal.  Unmarried 31 y/o with many siblings.  Last Lombard ruler I can find.  Can conquer Amalfi.  Independent.)
- 6 (10.2%)
High Chief of Ryazan (Russian/Orthodox/Tribal.  Married 39 y/o with four sons.  Many claims.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Petty Kingdom of Powys (Welsh/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with several kids.  Strongest Welsh ruler.  Independent.)
- 3 (5.1%)
Count of Aargau (German/Catholic/Fuedal.  Married 41 y/o with Son and Daughter.  Controlled by von Habsburg.  Vassal of HRE.)
- 5 (8.5%)
Duke of Translyvania (Hungarian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 19 y/o with many siblings.  Father was former King.  Cousin current.  Vassal of Hungary.)
- 9 (15.3%)
Count Sigfus of Vestisland (Norwegian/Catholic/Fuedal.  Unmarried 28 y/o with 1 son.  Make Iceland relevant.  Vassal of Island.)
- 6 (10.2%)
Petty King of Makuria (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 27 y/o with 1 son.  Heir of high chiefdom of Alodia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Count of Trinkitat (Nubian/Miaphysite/Fuedal.  Unmarried 21 y/o with no heirs.  Strongest single county nation in Nubia.  Independent.)
- 4 (6.8%)
Screw these guys, I want a ruler designed person.  (Suggest a site.)
- 3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game (Persus13)  (Read 49276 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II Dynasty Succession Game
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2016, 09:59:04 am »

Did you specifically offer to join the Pope's war?  If you didn't, that means your actions boosted the Pope's contribution and the Pope got the title.

You know, I wonder if we can get the Pope to create the Empire of Italia?  The area required only covers the Northern half of the Italian Penninsula...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2016, 10:41:07 am »

Did you specifically offer to join the Pope's war?  If you didn't, that means your actions boosted the Pope's contribution and the Pope got the title.

You know, I wonder if we can get the Pope to create the Empire of Italia?  The area required only covers the Northern half of the Italian Penninsula...

As you can see from the screenshots, I did join the Crusade, yes. Those provinces are mine, not the Pope, who barely had any contribution due to sitting on an occupied province for most of the war.

I don't know if the Pope creates King/Emperor-level titles, but yes, let's try to make it happen.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2016, 01:05:24 pm »

Loving this so far.  Can you pop me down for a late turn?  On the other hand, not sure if my setup would work, as I don't have Reaper's Due.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2016, 01:15:16 pm »

Loving this so far.  Can you pop me down for a late turn?  On the other hand, not sure if my setup would work, as I don't have Reaper's Due.

Added.  Don't worry about DLC.  So long as Conclave is disabled, then we don't have to care what arrangement people have.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2016, 01:17:40 pm »

Delay my turn if you could, my schedule got busy. Go ahead and put me all the way on the end of the line.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2016, 01:19:50 pm »

Delay my turn if you could, my schedule got busy. Go ahead and put me all the way on the end of the line.

Okay.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2016, 02:07:06 pm »

The Later Tales of Alucard II, Duke of So Many Places

Where we last left off, Alucard II had just inherited the Holy Land the Crusaders had so bravely won. The management of these sacred lands now needed to be decided. The Duke was wary of taking on the job of ruling the entire new realm by himself, so he made the wise decision of granting half of Jerusalem to his son, making him Duke of Ascalon. The Pope himself also received the province of Tiberias.

The new Duke seemed set for success, with a power base of his own and the fame and skills to rule it well. All thought him a fitting recipient of Ascalon for his heroism in the Crusade.

Only a short time later, Alucard, Duke of Ascalon and heir to the growing Orsini empire, died suddenly of a heart attack at the age of 27. His only child Maria became Duchess of Ascalon and the new successor to her aging grandfather.

Spoiler: O cruel fate (click to show/hide)

The child would go on to be raised in the court of Ascalon by sycophants and incompetents, much to the old Duke's horror. What little she'd inherited of her father's virtue was quickly lost beneath the example of half a dozen different guardians of equally repugnant natures.

Even the good news from Jerusalem and Hebron scarcely penetrated the Duke's grief. Their populations had overwhelmingly converted to Catholicism, proving once more the supremacy of the Faith and the skill of the realm's new Court Chaplain, Bjorn the Wise. A while later, Duke Alucard was happy to accept an offer from the Knights Templar to build a stronghold in his lands in Acre. The Holy Land seemed to be on its way to salvation.

Spoiler: Thank the Lord (click to show/hide)

In Italy, the Duke did not sit idle. He had taken pieces of Apulia for his vassals already, but it was time to claim that realm for good. With documents and proof for his rightful ownership of the provinces of Apulia, Bari and Foggia appearing from somewhere deep in the Capuan archives, the good Duke was ready. An invasion was launched and the weak Apulians quickly crushed. Apulia was well and truly Orsini.

Spoiler: The Holy State grows (click to show/hide)

The Duke was now Duke six times over, and despite grumblings from some of his vassals, seemed to have no intention of giving away such grand titles. He was not unreasonable, of course. A year later the Count of Murcia, his loyal vassal, quite independently conquered a province from the enemies of Christendom, and as his overlord the grand Duke become eligible to style himself Duke of Murcia. This title he did not claim, perhaps seeing it had not been gained by his hands.

Spoiler: Good man (click to show/hide)

Or perhaps old age simply weighed on him. The Duke's health steadily weakened, and courtiers noted he had taken to sleeping late into the afternoon and seeing fewer of his friends and vassals. One morning he simply did not wake up. The reign of Duke Alucard II the Great had come to an end. The House of Orsini would surely never see his kind again. It is said his final words were an enigmatic 'Transylvania... Transylvania...'

The crowns of his Duchies now fell to the young Maria of Ascalon. Though she had many vices and few virtues, time would tell if she could equal his grandfather's legacy and continue to serve His Holiness with glory, piety and fury.

Spoiler: Long live the Duchess! (click to show/hide)

---

Not ideal as characters go, but your position should be fairly stable. Everyone's got huge 'Opinion of Predecessor' bonuses, and you can party your way into their hearts as much as you like. You are Duchess of Ascalon, Capua, Salerno, Jerusalem, Apulia, Dioclea, Benevento, and if you like, Murcia.

Save! I hope it works.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2016, 05:10:59 pm »

Save works.

As far as characters go I've definitely seen worse. I mean, she's far from a winner but she doesn't really need to be one since she lives in a post-Reaper's Due world where anyone good dies from rabies, cancer, and/or food poisoning.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2016, 11:10:34 pm »

Wow, what type of nunnery was Maria raised in??

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2016, 11:25:10 pm »

Wow, what type of nunnery was Maria raised in??

Our Lady of the Rye, I believe. Also, if you can't tell I'm having a little bit too much fun being able to invite cardinals to carousing.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:26:53 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2016, 12:28:15 am »

So, kicked up the save to see when the death date was.  Then I looke around when I saw Poland had stolen the middle part of Croatia.  What happened with Lithuania, Estonia, and Ugra?  And how did the Khaganate of Pecheneg get that county on the other side of Poland, Slupsk?  And the Rus getting two counties bordering that prior mentioned Khaganate?  And did the religous structure in the area around Cumania start that way or did something happen (If you look around the border of Ugra, I found a chain of a Catholic 'Count' under a Sunni 'Duke' under a Hindi Khan under a Sunni Khagan)?

Edit: And how did the Rus get territory in Crimea?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 12:38:08 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2016, 02:19:19 am »

So, kicked up the save to see when the death date was.  Then I looke around when I saw Poland had stolen the middle part of Croatia.  What happened with Lithuania, Estonia, and Ugra?  And how did the Khaganate of Pecheneg get that county on the other side of Poland, Slupsk?  And the Rus getting two counties bordering that prior mentioned Khaganate?  And did the religous structure in the area around Cumania start that way or did something happen (If you look around the border of Ugra, I found a chain of a Catholic 'Count' under a Sunni 'Duke' under a Hindi Khan under a Sunni Khagan)?

Edit: And how did the Rus get territory in Crimea?

They expanded and inherited. Hell if I know how, though the border gore isn't a treat for anyone's eyes. Checking title histories will tell you more than I can. Personally, I'm hoping Estonia forms Finland and expands.

We're set to lose Ragusa to the future King of Rus through inheritance - these things happen. Those poor borders.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2016, 08:35:12 am »

Poland got Croatia because the King of Poland was married to the Queen of Croatia when the original Alucard was ruling.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2016, 09:54:27 am »

Poland got Croatia because the King of Poland was married to the Queen of Croatia when the original Alucard was ruling.

Actually was the other way around, Queen of Poland got married to the King of Croatia.

Don't forget that England is being ruled by an one-eyed Anglo-Saxon with Norman children.

Or that Venice is ruled by a cannibal with a really bad lazy eye.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 10:02:13 am by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2016, 09:57:46 am »

Or that Venice is ruled by a cannibal with a really bad lazy eye.

With Venice, I was more surprised that our current income with armies raised, at the time of the save, was roughly equal to their maximum income.  Seriously, how are we making so much money?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20