Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Where did you get your username?  (Read 2772 times)

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you get your username?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 08:29:25 pm »

It's a silly namepun my cousin gave me because she always said my eyes made me really owlish.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 08:30:16 pm »

*can't figure out real name*

Helga?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 10:03:57 pm »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 10:04:47 pm »

Olga, I think. I can't remember the names of people who I've actually met, though, let alone people on the internet, so don't listen to me.

E: Fukken ninja.

At the time that I created my account,  I had some weird fascination with tomatos, so I decided to name myself like some kind of super tomato. Thus the Iron Tomato was born.

I wish I had a more interesting reason for naming myself something so stupid, but that's kind of it. Sorry.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2016, 10:14:01 pm »

Traced it out in the whorls of a desk back in school, noticed it looked like a license-platey spelling of befell, so kept it and attached a ridiculous amount of personal importance to it :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 10:25:22 pm »

I've always loved making up gibberish names for my D & D characters. The other notable ones being "Skellkock" and "Numrakin", which I've also reused a few times. Arcvasti was a name of my 4e Eladrin Wizard who I played like once and then forgot about. I kept the name though. Capital A's just look so majestic and the triple-consonent cluster is beautifully cruel. Plus its eight letters, which is significant in Discworld and a few of my campaign worlds.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 11:06:39 pm »

Back in Chrono Trigger there was an NPC I liked, so I stole his name for my tabletop fighter classes. Knight Cyrus.
Some years later I changed the "s" at the end to a "th", because for some reason I fell in love with "th"s at the time and thus became Cyruth.
Had that name for several months, then changed it to Cyroth, a name I've been using since late 1998 or so.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 12:43:48 am »

My first City of Heroes character.  It fit his powers, appearance, and the clichéd backstory I made for him.  I'd wanted something a little more iconic and snappy and comic-bookish (and yes, even more clichéd), like just 'Wraith', but obviously those sorts of names were snapped up within seconds of launch.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2016, 12:50:19 am »

*can't figure out real name*

Helga?
Olga?

Yeah, just adding in a W and that's it. Not super hard to find out.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2016, 01:15:08 am »

Too late to recall names. It might as well have been Owga for all I could tell.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2016, 02:11:09 am »

When my username was Objective, I just picked it because it sounded generic but is also a rare screen name, so that my tag is instantly iconic.

A while later I had a mental breakdown and did a lot of weird things, including changing my username in a lot of places. I ended up liking Cinder and asked Toady to change my Bay12 username to it as well. I think I chose it becauss it's kind of edgy (ashes, fire, phoenix, rebirth are the themes I had in mind) but it's also cute like Cinderella and stuffs.

Also people random people online said my name is cool so it's as good as Objective, except people can pronounce it. (I have no idea why people find Objective hard to pronounce.)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2016, 04:10:15 am »

These topics seem to pop up once ever other year, so I'll bite, now with some bonus history. My user name is chaotic plus the first and last initials of my name. It got that way since about '06 when I needed to sign up for an email and I wasn't happy with the other nickname I had back then, Zephyr, which I got after moving away from Nemesis, because the local jawbreaker smuggler at my scholl was using that and he was a dick. Dunno why I settled on chaotic either. Nowadays tho most people I talk to used to call me cag and now call me... bean. Because I referred to myself as a cross between a penguin and a bean. A pengbean if you will. That stuck hard and it's what my sisters even call me.

So yeah, that's what it is.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2016, 04:26:51 am »

The result of a three-day nonstop Spore binge that created the Xanalok, an alien species I promptly invented an entire ecosystem and evolutionary background for (being younger at the time, it only superficially resembled actual evolution, with stuff like the entire biosphere somehow being one species despite clearly having divergent physiology and distinct breeding populations and stuff). Xantalos is the name of the planetary godmind that I envisioned as having spontaneously spawned as the result of a creature (that somehow eerily resembled a Dune sandworm despite my not having even heard of the book at that stage in my life) being struck by lightning and the mutagenic acid it secreted somehow fusing the plasma of the lightning to its DNA, leading to an immortal shapeshifting blob that was somehow not made out of normal matter that proceeded to devour the entire planet and everything on it before rebirthing all the creatures on it with a psychic link to it, creating Xantalos the planet-sized godcreature and its insectile space dragon demigod inhabitants the Xanalok.
I still need to write something concerning that, only better than I did before.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2016, 04:34:15 am »

Initials to my real name, not much else to say.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2016, 05:23:17 am »

I went with Heph for many years even so far that the nickname made it in the raws (with Eggs! Not the Animaldrive but the density of egg-whites and yolk XD).

In 2015 then i came out as transgender after longish agonizing about my Genderidentity I adopted Melanie as my new name. Since i deamed "Heph" to be my old me i needed a new nickname and went with "Mel_Vixen" instead. I think both parts of the name are obviousish ;) . Toady was even kind enought to change it for me in the forumsoftware. 
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4