Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 91

Author Topic: Gender/sexuality etc. - What Even Is A Gender Anyway  (Read 139849 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Gender/sexuality etc. - Intolerance Intolerance and Suicide
« Reply #405 on: September 06, 2016, 09:56:08 pm »

Hope is not a prediction. Hope is a desire and a drive. Predictions and models can be inaccurate. Desires and drives are just...motivators.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #406 on: September 06, 2016, 10:20:49 pm »

Ah, that makes sense. I am not that acquainted with hope myself, not requiring it as much as others would. *spock*

By which I mean I probably have some hidden source of it that I draw on without even knowing it, because as I keep on reminding myself, I'm not better than other people.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 06, 2016, 10:24:45 pm »

Ah, that makes sense. I am not that acquainted with hope myself, not requiring it as much as others would. *spock*

By which I mean I probably have some hidden source of it that I draw on without even knowing it, because as I keep on reminding myself, I'm not better than other people.
Spock-like =/= better. Also doesn't equal false.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 07, 2016, 02:30:45 am »

WELCOME TO RATIONALITY

ALMOST EVERYTHING IS FUCKED

ALMOST NO ONE IS EVIL
NO ONE IS LOYAL

EVERYONE IS HERETIC

AN OPEN MIND IS LIKE A FORTRESS WITH ITS GATES UNBARRED AND UNGUARDED
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #409 on: September 07, 2016, 09:24:01 am »

Spock-like =/= better. Also doesn't equal false.

No comprendo. Could you elucidate with a full sentence or two?
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #410 on: September 07, 2016, 10:06:27 am »

Also. In my mind, Spock does equal better.
Sigtext!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 07, 2016, 10:19:45 am »

Also. In my mind, Spock does equal better.
And smashes scissors/vaporises rock. Just watch out for the poisonous lizard and disproving paper.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #412 on: September 07, 2016, 01:09:43 pm »

Didn't Neo have an avatar like that?
Sigtext!

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
Re: Gender/sexuality etc. - YOU EXPECTED A TITLE, BUT IT WAS ME, DIO!
« Reply #413 on: October 11, 2016, 11:31:20 pm »

Yeah I went into the florists after I saw a very cute girl working there, so I kinda pretended to be buying flowers for a non existant girl I have a fake crush on.
It came down to me asking her favourite flower, I bought one and gave it back to her, smiled then quickly ran for my life
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 12, 2016, 12:00:58 am »

-Celebrations question-
I...only knew this from the happy thread. I celebrated it in mind :D

Yeah I went into the florists after I saw a very cute girl working there, so I kinda pretended to be buying flowers for a non existant girl I have a fake crush on.
It came down to me asking her favourite flower, I bought one and gave it back to her, smiled then quickly ran for my life
This is so awh. I really like this. ^ ^
Reminds me of how I act when I'm all D:
"Pretend you're doing it for someone else \o/" which technically is still correct.

Edit:
All these ideas running in mind makes me want to try animation and animating these little shorts, in silly but nice scenes that I hear from others :I
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:24:23 am by Tiruin »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 12, 2016, 05:58:18 am »

Shit. That's smooth as hell.

*Starts taking notes*

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 12, 2016, 08:24:33 am »

:o

Smooth.

*also takes notes*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #417 on: October 12, 2016, 10:43:34 am »

Heh.
Sigtext!

Infinityforce

• Bay Watcher
  • NOW I AM ONE WITH THE COSMOS
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 12, 2016, 05:01:09 pm »

I like to do tantra, of all kinds. Somehow, sex is not merely a physical act, but mental and spiritual, when you do it with the correct partner.

Sex and sexuality should make you more, a better person. Believing in love is just so... right... and somehow so very sexy. Like the tenderness of loving a woman who is bearing your child... somehow, sex is more than touching, but making relationships, and futures.

We shouldn't become less for sexuality, degraded or seeking pleasure. Our experiences should not take away from our hearts, until we feel there is something missing. Our hearts should not protest at the emptiness of our lives, even if our hearts enjoy the pleasure of sex, it will ultimately ache.

Sex is a part of us, how we were all born (how almost every living thing was born) and we shouldn't be ashamed or embarrassed. We should try to understand, accept and become one with our nature, the meaning of life (is to give life) and love (is unconditional).

Having children is a form of life after death, somehow carrying a part of us in them. We become traumatised by contact with sexual partners so badly that we can never forget, and so excited by sex that we wish to die.
When sex is sterile, there is no pleasure. Sex is a performance too, and so is half-sex. Even thoughts and speech about sex is a sexual performance.
On the one hand, sex gives us power: "I'm your partner, look how fertile I am"
on the other, it robs us of power: "I love you, I want you, I need you"
but humans can say what no being has ever said before with understanding: "I want to have children with you" "I want to share everything with you"

Why waste important parts of your life with people who don't care for you?
The show of life is enjoyed by those who love it.
The show of sex is best enjoyed by those who love you, and who you love.

If it is so important, why not treat it as a form of meditation? After all, it does put you in a trance state, and this was even noted by the ancient tantric and taoist sages and even satanic perverts.
They all understood the power of sex on the psyche: The unconscious male and female, the desire to intimate, reproduce, nurture and grow/create.

It is very telling that humans live with their parents for the longest time out of any animal. Sex means commitment, and child rearing. When a human being chooses a mate, it chooses a mate that will raise children for up to 20 years!
No other species is reared for such a long time until adulthood. We select for a future.
And when we forget that sex is, and has been, our future, we forget our past, our ancestors, and everything that makes us, us.

Tantra is so deep and immersive, and so very beautiful when you are in love. It is the fulfillment of our existence.
In just a moment, you may experience eons, or 6 hours may pass like the blink of an eye.
It is such an intense form of concentration, that left naturally, it is, at best, destructive and wild, but when mastered it is both restrained and powerful.

It is really quite truly moving to be loved by someone who cares SO much, and tells you with every touch, kiss and caress, how they will always be there for you, wants to be there for you, wants to have children with you, and live their life with you, happily until death.
To look in the eyes of one's lover whilst in meditative trance is like looking into the ocean, or a sea of stars in which you see your own self merging for the purpose of which you came together...
Sometimes base and rude- it is always overlooked,
Sometimes pure and good- it is always appreciated

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #419 on: October 12, 2016, 06:08:28 pm »

1. Plenty of other animals are monogamous, and stay with one partner for their whole life.
2. "Pervert" just means "a person whose sexual behavior is regarded as abnormal and unacceptable." As such, I would challenge its unironic use in any situation, save bestiality and rape. (And I'm not even sure about the former.)
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 91