Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 132653 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #915 on: December 31, 2016, 02:01:05 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stay down and act dead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 31, 2016, 02:25:10 am »

"Onward men! To glory for you and promotions for me!"

Hunker the fcuk down behind the airboot, taking cover from that scary autogun. Recruit anyone who looks handy, and send them off to die like the lemmings they are.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 31, 2016, 08:29:44 am »

Walk to Ziggymabop, hit with gun to make entrance.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 31, 2016, 10:59:47 am »

Spoiler: HC003 (click to show/hide)
The bat might not be electric, but it is still a bat. Fuck some dudes up with it. Fire the carbine again to. If they still aren't scared then make some scary noises and stuff.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 31, 2016, 12:10:28 pm »

Go Berserk. Storm the compound, kill as many of the other guys as possible.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 02, 2017, 04:36:42 pm »

hmm. ten posts. I think I'll wait until late tonight to post. See if the others have just been preoccupied with the New Year.

I never thought I'd run a game where ten action posts was considered a light round.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 02, 2017, 04:54:08 pm »

Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)

Run forward and while screaming, DUGGGGGGGGGGGG start hacking until the place has enough gore that it looks like they shot a weird crossover where Jason vorhees fought a meat factory.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 03, 2017, 02:18:25 am »

Battle 3: Round 10

These maps are start of round. I'll post them at the bottom with end of round info.
Spoiler: same map with tt tags (click to show/hide)

Brick 1

Rejoin my platoon, run towards the objective. Don't get shot.
(3) you run over and lay down next to Zr008 and act dead together. Fake Corpse buddies!
You guys are weird.

(FUCK YES)
Charge at the middle top guard tower and kill all inside WITH FIRE AND SWORD.
(2)(5)The fucking eel completely ignores your directions and heads straight south along the edge of the Ziggurat. On the bright side, you crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women them scream in panic and agony. If you are keeping track of kills, you get (5)+(1) this round.

Spoiler: Re001 (click to show/hide)

Provide suppressing fire, try to make the enemy stop shooting at me.
(1) your gun stops firing and starts making a strange, high pitched whine. it is loud enough to draw the attention of nearby Other GuysTM You will be fired upon twice this round. Also, you should totally get that gun checked out.

Stay down and act dead.
(6)you act dead so well that Sn004 comes over and uses you as a meatshield. A passing grunt tries to loot your grenades. (2) v. (6) you hit him in the face with the butt of your rifle and he falls on his ass, stunned and confused.

Go Berserk. Storm the compound, kill as many of the other guys as possible.
(2) you neither die nor come out of your weird seizure. (2) pretty much everybody just sort of leaves you to yourself. even the medics don't want to touch you now.

Brick 1 Death Rolls
(2)(2)(2)(5)(1)
Zor008's death act is convincing enough that he is completely overlooked this round, but the rest of you ...
Sn004 is maimed by someone shooting at the guy trying to loot Zr008's corpse
The last autogun puts several large rounds into KH008's mount, sending it flying in many different directions, (6) Kh008 finds himself hanging off a ledge halfway up the ziggurat.
Re001 is killed when his gun explodes, and
Aig001 is taken down at last, a single stray shot putting him out of his misery.

Brick 3

Yell for Medic. Again. Take the time to shoot the OtherGuys in da face! If i can. Otherwise just lay there and think about how chicks think soldiers are hot

Hey! Porkins had no other wound!

NVM, he's got a new wound. Yey.
what do you mean he has no other wound? I read it right in your character sheet from last round:
Wounds: Serious
so he's got a maim this round. (4) and a medic comes along and treats it, so he is ready to fight. (2) he fires dreamily in the general direction of The Other GuysTM, mind elsewhere.

Spoiler: HC003 (click to show/hide)
The bat might not be electric, but it is still a bat. Fuck some dudes up with it. Fire the carbine again to. If they still aren't scared then make some scary noises and stuff.
(6) you break a skull with the bat, and break the bat as well. the suppressing fire from your teammate has all but disappeared , and your opponents are looking a little more active (6) but you scream bloody murder, swinging the bits of your bat around like a maniac, and most of them go looking for easier prey.

Brick 3 Death Rolls.
(4)(3) HC006 receives a serious wound in his melee combat. 

Brick 4

"Onward men! To glory for you and promotions for me!"

Hunker the fcuk down behind the airboot, taking cover from that scary autogun. Recruit anyone who looks handy, and send them off to die like the lemmings they are.
(6) you crawl right under the wreckage and peek out. (3) You wave a couple of grunts over, and they seem content to join you in your shelter, somehow misunderstanding your orders to go die in glory. must be a defective batch.

Walk to Ziggymabop, hit with gun to make entrance.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)

Run forward and while screaming, DUGGGGGGGGGGGG start hacking until the place has enough gore that it looks like they shot a weird crossover where Jason vorhees fought a meat factory.
(4)+1 you get a littel situation bonus there. Anyway, when the red mist clears from your mind, you look around and notice that the rd mist never cleared from your gaze. Chunks of flesh drip from the ceiling, slide down the walls, dribble off your fingers. You are completely covered in blood, and can't even wipe it out of your eyes. the smell is strong - the iron taste of blood, the putrid stink of exposed bowels - some oddly sweet smell from some organ or another.this guard tower is silent, except for a strange, ragged laugh that you soon realize is your own. You look at the gun placements idly, as if detached from the situation, and glance at the battle below, seeing echoes of your own actions as people are cut down on the field.

Oh, sorry. I don't quite understand the "one enhancement" part, though. So for now I'll just stick with what I already had and I'll edit my post and action as needed once I have more information.
Spoiler: CW005 'K' (click to show/hide)

Find a window high up on the ziggurat that I can reach, smash it open, throw in 2 regular grenades, and retreat after memorizing the location of the smashed window.
Wonder what I need to do to requisition a grappling hook.

For this character, just play it as full cyborg. next character and forward, choose any one cybernetic enhancement - whether a powered arm or a targetting computer or an integrated snorkel or whatever. Your choice. those characters will be standard clones besides their one enhancement.

(3) you Hop up onto the Ziggurat and toss a grenade into a gunport. return fire keeps you from dropping the second or jumping back down. the grenade goes off inside, though, and the gun port goes silent. it's too small for you to climb through. (4) "Hey sarge!" You shout. "Can I get a grapple hook up here?" Next round, the sarge will chuck the grapple end of a rope up to you.

Brick 4 Death Rolls
(6)(1)(6)Hiding under a boat and killing all your enemies is a pretty good way not to get killed. Dug suddenly sits on the floor of the guard tower, dizzy and nauseous. He will need a will roll to act again, each round until he comes out of it.

Instructions for next round
Newcomers will arrive at the edge of the clearing closest to their platoons: 1 to northeast, 3 to east, 4 to southeast.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 03, 2017, 03:08:02 am »

Ignore the bat-monkeys and jump towards the last working autogun
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 03, 2017, 03:27:12 am »

(so the name from earlier do I get that at the end of the mission or now same with the class)

Laughing a bit from the excitement I pull myself up onto the ledge. Noticing my missing leg and the amount of blood being lost I pull off my mask and eat my gum before trying to stop the bleeding. If it works or not lay back and have a little rest.

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 03, 2017, 03:41:01 am »

"That's right, boys. Just stick with me."

Totally ignore the fact that both of my legs are broken and run full speed toward the enemy compound. Shoot at a door or whatever until it ceases to be a door or whatever and becomes an access point.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 03, 2017, 09:26:28 am »

Spoiler: Re002 (click to show/hide)

fuckfuckfuckfuckholyfuckingshitfuck

I brace myself for anti-brick fire if I land in a new brick. If I start with my platoon already, retry the whole suppressing fire gig.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 03, 2017, 02:40:18 pm »

"Dammit."
Now that my cover's been spoiled, charge that tower and throw in my incendiary.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 03, 2017, 03:55:10 pm »

Hole is open. Doors are open. Inside doors are bad guys. Bad guys make noises.

Therefore, shoot the noise.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 06:18:09 pm by Yottawhat »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 03, 2017, 04:36:21 pm »

Stay down and fire at the Other GuysTM
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 70