Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 132728 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #870 on: December 19, 2016, 04:03:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Go back to cutting a hole in that fence
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 19, 2016, 05:27:39 pm »

Spoiler: CW004 'K' (click to show/hide)

"OH GOD DAMNIT THAT HURTS WHY DID THEY INCLUDE SO MANY PAIN RECEPTORS AND WHY DID THEY NOT TELL ME ABOUT THE LOADING"
Fire loaded missile at artillery while in a moving vehicle. Not a bad idea, honest.
"...so if someone could please remind me to requisition a welder next time, that'd be great. Ow."
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 19, 2016, 05:33:08 pm »

Ah dammint, fucking arty, let's see if I can get this old hovercraft to move a bit faster.
Fiddle with the engines to see if I can make the airboat faster and more able to dodge the artillery.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 06:23:12 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 19, 2016, 06:08:58 pm »

Stand on airboot. Be heavy.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 19, 2016, 06:46:48 pm »

Ignore pain, join my comrades.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: December 19, 2016, 07:27:45 pm »

Hobble to cover and start crawling my way closer.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 19, 2016, 07:32:54 pm »

DRIVE MY STEED INTO THE ENEMY BASE BURNING ANYONE WHO SHOOTS AT ME. FOR GLORY
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 20, 2016, 12:16:55 am »

mark your wound as [treated] (1) an you suffer a seizure, falling to the ground and foaming at the mouth. Gonna require a roll each round to come out of it.(5) next round, yo uwill be unable to act. but after that you will come out of the seizure. I'd still appreciate a post to say you are there, though

Foam at the mouth, think bad thoughts in the general direction of the enemy.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 20, 2016, 03:01:16 pm »

Looks like one of those autoguns could use a grenade. Try hurling a frag at the nearest one.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 20, 2016, 04:50:10 pm »

Get (forwards!) out of the fire and hit one of the autoguns with an EMP grenade.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 20, 2016, 10:36:19 pm »

mark your wound as [treated] (1) an you suffer a seizure, falling to the ground and foaming at the mouth. Gonna require a roll each round to come out of it.(5) next round, yo uwill be unable to act. but after that you will come out of the seizure. I'd still appreciate a post to say you are there, though

If you roll a six I really hope you suddenly develop latent psychic powers
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 21, 2016, 03:43:49 pm »

Battle 3: Round 7

Brick 1

Ignore pain, join my comrades.
(1)Shit, that hurts. Your arm's off! Holy shit, yo, is this war? Wow. Oh god, you  feel like you are dying. You were already caught up with your comrades, so you get a lot of insults hurled your way for being a cryhatchling. A sergeant pats you on the back, points at The Other GuysTM and tells you to take it out on them.

Hobble to cover and start crawling my way closer.
'cover' he says. (2) you attempt to pull a bush up by the roots, to use as camo, but it is firmly attached to this boggy mire. And thorny, so you got that going too. You shrug, lay one your belly, and begin hup hup hupping toward doom. At least you present a smaller target area all down on the ground like that.

DRIVE MY STEED INTO THE ENEMY BASE BURNING ANYONE WHO SHOOTS AT ME. FOR GLORY
(2) you drive your steed around in the swamp for a while. "Left, you stupid bird, turn LEFT!"

Alright, you foam and froth and rage against the machine. Finally, your seizure passes and you are ready to go again.

Looks like one of those autoguns could use a grenade. Try hurling a frag at the nearest one.
(2) you chuck one into the compound, but it falls short of the autogun.

Brick 1 Death Rolls
SN003 gets a serious wound as he crawls toward teh pyramid,
KHH008 is maimed again. Now, you have two options how you want to handle this maiming. You can lose a limb as per standard, or you can be knocked off your Noble Steed, with a mild [concussion] Choose wisely.

Brick 3

Make Calculated, precision shots at the Other Guys.
((I don't have that. Yet.))

Continue QuikScoping the Newbs
You have a serious wound from last round. pay attention to the death rolls, yo. Also, you are on the ground and out of sight of the noobs, you nugget. gotta climb another tree or something.

Go back to cutting a hole in that fence
(2) you get about two links clipped this round. Hurry the hell up! The Other GuysTM aren't gonna shoot themselves!

Get (forwards!) out of the fire and hit one of the autoguns with an EMP grenade.
(5) you lob a grenade into a graceful spiral. You even remember to arm the detonator first. Just before it hits, you turn away and cover your eyes. the White flash is visible anyway and the concussion carries the sound of electronics frying with it. A truly satisfying sound to your bleeding ears. You grin as you stumble a little from blood loss.

Brick 3 Death Rolls.
mmm. bad round for you guys. Zii009 and Hat008 are both incinerated by one of the surviving autoguns. Good news is, that completed Zii's task of cutting a hole in the fence!
Since there is one surviving member of this platoon, you can choose to reenter attached to one of the other platoons, or continue as platoon 3.

Brick 4

"Wait. Unfriendly artillery! Floor it!"

Put the petal to the metal! I'll make a speed demon of you if it kills me, which would not be surprising.

ooh, adding some personal risk to the roll fr a speed bonus eh? I like it. Lemme thik a minute about how this will work.Ah, I got it. a second roll for the added powah nd possible self destruction. (3) you floor it, and it putters to life, getting up a few mphs. Not fast enough, damn it! Why, you can practically *thump* ... almost dodge the trees! (4) you hammer on the engine, choke the throttle, swear a bit, and pump the pedal and she picks up a few more mphs. Now we're talking! You bounce off a few more trees and burst into the clearing at a respectable, though not earpiercing, speed. that fence doesn't stand a chance.

Spoiler: CW004 'K' (click to show/hide)

"OH GOD DAMNIT THAT HURTS WHY DID THEY INCLUDE SO MANY PAIN RECEPTORS AND WHY DID THEY NOT TELL ME ABOUT THE LOADING"
Fire loaded missile at artillery while in a moving vehicle. Not a bad idea, honest.
"...so if someone could please remind me to requisition a welder next time, that'd be great. Ow."
as you burst forth from the obscuring foliage and the temple complex comes into view, you take aim with your guided missile (1) which fails to locate the target and aborts launch. Where the hell did they put the artillery position?

Ah dammint, fucking arty, let's see if I can get this old hovercraft to move a bit faster.
Fiddle with the engines to see if I can make the airboat faster and more able to dodge the artillery.
More personal risk for dangerous rewards eh? alright let's roll it. (6) hah! the boat lurches forward, and you topple out. the boat crashes throug hteh fence in a shower of sparks, leaving you behind on the muddy ground. At this rate, they'll run right up the side of the ziggurat and launch comically into the sky.

Stand on airboot. Be heavy.
(3) you fall on your ass when the airboat gains a sudden spike of powah! This is probably for the better, as the airboat crashes through the electrified fence, sending sparks everywhere. that ziggurat looms massive in front of you though. "turn left?" You suggest, helpfully.

Brick 4 Death Rolls
Comically, you all get through this round unharmed, though Jag005 gets left behind as your boat lurches into the compound, through the fence and everything.

Instructions for next round
Brick One: You are on the northeast corner of the base. Two of the autoguns can target you, as well as 5 of the 8 guard towers. Not all of them will at any given point though.
Brick Three: You are along the east side of the base. One autoguns and three guard towers can target you. the one in the middle of the fence facing you is having batmonkey problems though.
Brick Four: You are on the southeast corner of the base. Two of the autoguns can target you, as well as 5 of the 8 guard towers. Not all of them will at any given point though. Oh, and you are careening toward the ziggurat itself at unreasonable speeds. CW:  I suggest using those smart missiles again. They'll get a +1 to attack roll next round.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 21, 2016, 03:58:48 pm »

Take initiative. Fire at who else but The Other GuysTM.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 21, 2016, 04:22:56 pm »

Spoiler: HC006 (click to show/hide)
Realize that I was spacing out and that all my brick mates are now dead. I must AVENGE them! Charge! Use the bat!
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 21, 2016, 06:01:13 pm »

Inject serum, run towards enemy
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 70