Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35

Author Topic: Folstag University of Magic (Between Light and Shadow)  (Read 53884 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Folstag University of Magic (Fire Hazard)
« Reply #435 on: October 11, 2016, 06:29:24 am »

Find a bucket, and then try to get as much of the ash as possible into it.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 11, 2016, 08:13:02 am »

"Interesting."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 11, 2016, 05:03:48 pm »

You are a soul? Show me your spirit and earn the right to speak. Raioyris articulates as best he can to the presence in the sword.

Raioyris probes the voice with his Me.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 11, 2016, 08:31:00 pm »

Update 25

Find a bucket, and then try to get as much of the ash as possible into it.

[-][/abbr=] It will take forever. The ash is not very thick, and it's dispersing as you go. Eventually it settles, and it's a trivial task to scoop it up with your hands... but not as flashy.

Gained Ash Bucket

Quote from: Quoted requirements to save scrolling
Objectives:
A letter burned into a block of wood (you have the wood block)
A glass vase
An ingot of steel (you have some iron-rich ore)

Current Spells:
Vukanosha (Creates ash) - Haven't used
Firaburzsha (Emits a burst of fire) - Haven't used
Firaburzsha (Emits a burst of fire) - Haven't used
Jetsha (Directs wayward energy into a jet) - Haven't used
Basic Fusion (Fuse objects into an elemental conglomerate) - Haven't used

You are a soul? Show me your spirit and earn the right to speak. Raioyris articulates as best he can to the presence in the sword.

Raioyris probes the voice with his Me.

The voice can hear your thought-speech. You can hear it's--through either Me or Sha. It doesn't seem to matter.

"This... this is my job. You have no part in this." An... answer, at least? "My spirit belongs to myself alone. Don't get the wrong idea."

The ingot you've made seems to be trembling. You spot changes in the shape, angular protrusions crystallizing along its surface.

"Interesting."

"Indeed."

Re-anchor the root, then try to bridge the gap between petal section and Kahigan with my Sa Re. If that doesn't work, try pushing the petal section against the Kahigan instead.

You feel along the length of the genes and locate the part to disconnect, then reset the gene from your own memory. You then try the bridge trick: it doesn't have much of an effect on the flower itself. The metals on the body start to flake off, but it's not clear whether this is due to your handling or due to a direct effect of the genetic modification. You could probably hazard a guess.

What works, however, is pushing the petal section against the Anchor Kahigan. Like the root, they attract like lodestones and nails. Excited, you remove your Kahigan and watch as the petal restores itself!

After documenting your results, however, you notice that the whole plant is starting to die off at an increased pace. You check the Kahigan and find that the whole gene has fused to the Anchor, though not permanently. You peel it off, but the withering plant stays like it is. It seems positively dead.

"...but I didn't hear you claiming it being impossible."

Ready to proceed on guided tour.

"Perhaps not. It is a worthy field of study."

You proceed through the marble garden, and almost get stepped on by a giant golem, meters tall, appearing out of nowhere from crouching inside a juniper tree. The lumbering giant, stupid as it may be, seems like it has half the galaxy of printed knowledge on it. The surface is inscribed with literally thousands of characters, and you hear a rumbling from within, almost as if its entire insides are flowing like molten blood.

"Ah, a great place to start! These golems are caretakers. Much cheaper than gardeners. They are made of marble, which actually shares some genes with human bone, and so it became possible to decode its genetics about 30 years ago. You'll find much older models around campus, probably hundreds of years old, but this one is much more advanced. Much more. The body is explicitly designed for motion, and so it's less clumsy than an old golem of equivalent size. The old ones would always shatter after too much use."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 11, 2016, 10:45:23 pm »

Sigh... Can you just be a sword?

I have no intention of offending another well-spirited soul. You see, some murderous vagrants intend to sever my soul from my flesh. My spirit implores me to resist such ends.

Continue to form a sword out of the ingot.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 11, 2016, 10:54:36 pm »

"...So...Er, what were we doing again?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 11, 2016, 11:11:06 pm »

"So, we're back to square one then, only this time the governments have the power to halt the threat of mages, but still want to limit their power, while not letting the populous use the same tools to protect themselves from mages. Business as usual it seems."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 11, 2016, 11:17:54 pm »

Sigh... Can you just be a sword?

I have no intention of offending another well-spirited soul. You see, some murderous vagrants intend to sever my soul from my flesh. My spirit implores me to resist such ends.

"You're in no position to dictate what I am."

Despite its words, it sprouts spikes around what looks like a hilt, creating a wrist guard. It's still hot, so you're holding it with your Go. Your Sha is needed to keep it heated. And your Me is being used to communicate with the sword.

Using up all of this energy to heat the metal seems tiring, though. You start seeing stars.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 12, 2016, 03:56:15 am »

Feel the golem with Me.

"Now that's something I can call artistic."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 12, 2016, 07:02:07 pm »

Ugh. I have no time for this endless tergiversation!

Raioyris reaches into another student's soul with his Me and brings his spirit to bear on the student forcing the student to supply fire into the sword with their Sha while Raioyris continues to shape the sword.

If a will cannot be channeled through a Me then try to connect to their Me or force theirs to connect to Raioyris'. If sheer force of will is ineffective than supply terrifying imagery from Raioyris' past accompanied by the thought that they can only spare themselves by forfeiting the energy of their Sha.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:04:25 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 15, 2016, 04:28:06 am »

(So weekdays are getting busy for me. I'll probably do the bulk of the updates during the weekends from now on, as I haven't had a single free weekday this week.)

Feel the golem with Me.

"Now that's something I can call artistic."

The golem... has a soul! Your Me gets blocked by the stone. But searching around, it seems you can't reach all the way to the soul's location. You might have to climb up.

Ugh. I have no time for this endless tergiversation!

Raioyris reaches into another student's soul with his Me and brings his spirit to bear on the student forcing the student to supply fire into the sword with their Sha while Raioyris continues to shape the sword.

If a will cannot be channeled through a Me then try to connect to their Me or force theirs to connect to Raioyris'. If sheer force of will is ineffective than supply terrifying imagery from Raioyris' past accompanied by the thought that they can only spare themselves by forfeiting the energy of their Sha.

You find a guy that's shorter than you. Seems innocent enough. You invade his mind (will check: Your 3 vs target's 2), and owing to the weakness of his own willpower, you seem to be able to override his own soul's commands given to his body. But his Kahigan seem immune to the effect. Given that they emit from the soul, it seems natural. You move on to the second option.

[-] The student shoves you away and [-] you are caught off-guard in thought. You fall over, and the student starts backing off slowly.

"So, we're back to square one then, only this time the governments have the power to halt the threat of mages, but still want to limit their power, while not letting the populous use the same tools to protect themselves from mages. Business as usual it seems."

"Populace," corrects the teacher. It seems he pronounces the word differently. Has it always been pronounced that way?

"Yes, the trend is getting to that way. But, we ought to move on to another subject. Specifically the International Council of 237. It had eight signatories, including the state of Folstag and the major cities around the Great Lake area. Several prominent noble families established a convention that remains to this day: Noble Families, by their honor, do not require magic to secure their place. Noble families who hire magicials or perhaps train up loyal members in the arts, are disqualified from many of their privileges, including the inheritance of thrones. However, the treaty made provisions for the establishment of a safe haven for magicians to practice their arts and make contributions to the good of society. This is when the University was formed,"

Spoiler: Map for reference (click to show/hide)

"...So...Er, what were we doing again?"

Completely lost, you find that you've been spacing out. It appears everyone is... gearing up for some sort of... tournament? There's a field in the middle of the class that wasn't there before, with a formation of glass balls each filled with one of the six basic elements on each side. The teacher raises it, and it hangs in air, with no support (you checked!).

"Studies have shown that pnemonic devices such as games and rhymes improve student performance twofold. And most students have trouble remembering the diagram. So, in honor of that, I've designed a competetive game for you all. The idea is to pick six balls and place them in a formation, and then launch them with this stick..." It's a billiards rod.
"Which you then use to eliminate the enemy balls, either by knocking them into the edge of the board, or if they don't, by correctly guessing what they combine into. First to shout it gets to keep the new ball."

You get a vague feeling this game is pretty dangerous. You may have heard of it somewhere.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 15, 2016, 12:28:32 pm »

"I guess this one's soul was made from souls other beings?"

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 15, 2016, 12:49:09 pm »

"This seems rather dangerous."
((Also, *mnemonic.))
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 04:53:27 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 15, 2016, 04:40:22 pm »

Grab a new sample and try again, but babysit it this time, preventing the whole thing from sticking and pulling the petal section loose once it's healed.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 16, 2016, 01:02:45 pm »

Find an ingot-shaped mold. Then, put the iron ore in that and attempt to melt it, using Jetsha to heat it.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35