Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 158

Author Topic: Tech News. Automation, Engineering, Environment Etc  (Read 266121 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Tech News. Automation, Engineering, Environment Etc
« Reply #1740 on: February 28, 2019, 10:52:56 am »

So... I was sensibly chuckling over the self-aware comment about it all being confusing.

Then I get to the next page, scroll down and under a sample of Trumpian nonsense I read:

FADE In

GOAT DICK IN THE BOY T-HAULUS

GOAT DICK IN THE BOY T-HULUS

I could barely read further because I was in full on convulsive laughter already, and it just got worse as I scrolled down to the repetitions of GOAT-GOAT-GOAT-etc.

The first few sample text images didn't really catch me, though the civil war one was a chuckleworthy start.

Then I noticed the line about "I am not sure if it matters which of the two rings we accept this day" and I'm picturing Bilbo explaining this shit like "supposedly one of them is like fucking mega evil and turns you into a creepy puppet of this fire eye god who lives by a volcano and makes you invisible or something, so if you pick that one, don't put it on... though I can't tell which one is the evil one because they both look exactly the same... not even sure if these are the right rings, also this is a letter apparently" and I've folded over in painful paroxysms of violent wheezing coughing laughter.

It took a while to calm down and then I see shit about an estimated 400,000 people die from tranfusions every year... I mean, we aren't like totally sure exactly how many, but as far as guesses go, this is one.

I was able to chill just long enough to see "over-fatal events such as heart attacks, stroke or stroke-related strokes" and I couldn't even laugh properly anymore, there was just this weird sound like someone strangling a small child who inhaled a lot of helium and started coughing... I got dizzy because I couldn't breathe properly, and apparently the moisture landing on my knees was not all tears like I thought, as at some point my nose began running uncontrollably before I was even able to look at the screen long enough to try and read it out loud for the missus, which turned me back into a wheezing dripping drooling mess again.

My shoulder and neck are sore and I think I bit my cheek.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: February 28, 2019, 11:23:08 am »

Quote from: The Most Advanced Human-Like Text Generator Ever Developed
GREAT-GOAT-GOAT-GOAT-GOAT-GOAT-GOAT-GOAT-GOAT-GOAT-GOAT-GOAT-GOAT-GOAT- GOAT

Looks good to me, boss!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: February 28, 2019, 11:33:51 am »

The text generator sounds like my brain's raw and unfiltered datastream, in that case. Utterly incoherent, but by repeatedly processing it, there's a hint of a coherent message within it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: March 03, 2019, 06:13:03 am »

It's always tricky to decide if something belongs here or in the science thread, but anyways...

20/4 Smoke yeast erry day.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: March 03, 2019, 06:29:26 am »

So, get CBD/THC yeast, bake bread with it, and... hmm.
Yeah that sounds great. Friendship ended with hemp, yeast is our best friend now.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: March 03, 2019, 07:12:40 am »

So, get CBD/THC yeast, bake bread with it, and... hmm.
Yeah that sounds great. Friendship ended with hemp, yeast is our best friend now.
That sounds like one of those things that wouldn't be fatal, but you'd definitely die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: March 03, 2019, 07:48:07 am »

Well yeah, that's true of everything.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: March 03, 2019, 07:57:10 am »

But to what degree is it true? Rather, how long does it take for a thing to kill you on average?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: March 03, 2019, 09:51:46 am »

Toast bread erry day.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: March 03, 2019, 10:11:59 am »

Toast bread erry day.
Absolutely TOASTED.

Was thinking more of the non-lethality combined with an overwhelming and imminent sense of "oh fuck I'm dying".

But to what degree is it true? Rather, how long does it take for a thing to kill you on average?
As long as it takes...

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: March 03, 2019, 10:20:16 am »

As long as it takes...
Life can be decently long, 70 years, 80, 90. Hell, some even reach 120 years.
Torture is intended to be long and drawn out.
Does this mean that life is torture? /s

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: March 03, 2019, 10:23:34 am »

Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: March 03, 2019, 10:31:32 am »

Sure, but I thought the point was that you're not supposed to get too hung up on that. That, or I'm gonna wake up in the morning and just regret every single word in the previous sentence as I feel years of regret just pile on me. Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: March 03, 2019, 05:20:42 pm »

Except rolling a save vs Death which we're getting closer to doing nowadays, making Star Trek that much more horrific. "Well sorry, we've got the technology to accidentally turn you into a child after dismantling you at a fucking subatomic level or some bullshit, we can just produce shit from energy and information, including solid light, but you're getting to be around 200 years old so there's just nothing else we can do but watch you degenerate mentally and physically until you can't even perform your useless job making you worthless because we're somehow retaining protestant work ethics despite having the makings of a post-scarcity anarchist utopia on our hands, so once you're done suffering go ahead and keel over before we chuck your meat into space because we're dicks like that."
Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.
TO THE PAIN!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: March 04, 2019, 03:08:58 am »

Can't degenerate physically if we have proper replaceable parts, which we'd probably need in order to live forever anyway. Mental degeneration can probably be circumvented, though probably with diminishing returns past a certain point. There's always just deleting most of your memories to stabilize things though.

Protestant work ethic is going to run up against what's actually economically efficient and probably lose. Companies / societies that waste resources giving people pointless work to do will be outcompeted by those which don't.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 158