Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll to be a magic cat, an RTD "on rails." Now with 50% more rails.  (Read 3575 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a magic cat, an RTD "on rails."
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 04:01:15 pm »

NRDL, Ziizo, and Person are in.

Mental description is a requirement, and I don't want to write about murder-circuses or brutal murder cat.

Sign-ups are extended 24 hours.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 04:38:25 pm »

Edited to be a bit more powerful, but my statement still stands.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 08:10:20 pm »

Spoiler: The Eternal Watcher (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 01:29:40 am by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 09:20:34 pm »

Retconned post.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 05:45:37 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 09:21:24 pm »

Recon with mental description added.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2016, 12:04:23 am »

Name: Aric

Skills:
Primary: Geomancy: Aric can control most "earthy" substances through simple will. This works best on sand, but can extend (with increasing difficulty) to dirt, rock, clay, and with extreme effort and willpower, metal.

Secondary: Flesh to Sand: Touching most beings' bare flesh allows Aric to turn them into a pile of sand. Although it is very soft and fine, the end result is quite mundane. It is, of course controllable through geomancy (and in fact, he often uses the new sand to manipulate the equipment of those he has transformed).

Secondary: Desert's Heart: The ground beneath Aric's feet is always hot and sandy, returning to normal only once he moves away. Sand can be pulled freely from this "shadow," but removing large quantities tends to be extremely draining.

Description: A large, reddish cat which stays almost unnaturally close to the ground. A trickle of sand constantly pours from his fur, and the echo of some great heat can be felt in his presence.

Aric is a secretive, sly creature, fond of hiding despite the occasional flashiness of his powers. Curiosity and general craftiness both play a part, but it is obvious that he takes pleasure in the simple act of slipping through the cracks.

Sacrifice used to summon you: A small vial of sand, warm from centuries spent under the desert sun.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2016, 12:24:25 pm »

Let's try a slightly less insane cat.

Spoiler: Silence (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2016, 04:21:01 pm »

In a cavernous room, lit by countless candles, four distinct groups of robed summoners chant barely pronounceable words. An exhausted-looking master summoner leads each, standing in front of their own complicated circular diagram, while their lesser summoners frequently switch out, to be quickly replaced by a fresh mage.

No sudden event heralds their success. From one moment to the next, divine housecats appear where their sacrifices had just been, in the middle of each circle. The chants slowly quiet down, and three of the masters drop to their knees in relief. A cheer echoes through the room.

A similarly divine yet old and tired-looking ferret with fox-like markings quickly scampers into the center of the room and speaks up. "That took long enough! I am Palm, one of the last from the last group. You are the first of this group. Our powers are draining, and soon you will need to stand without us to guard the people here.

A lich is channeling The Shadow, out on the edge of this kingdom. We should go put an end to it, and it should be an easy first test to get you used to fighting on this plane.
We're under the capital now. The Shadow has a slight presence here. It's not a real threat yet, and they can stop it on their own, but you could hunt it and get to know the people you'll be defending before we leave."

Spoiler: NRDL/Knix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ziizo/Marquis (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Person/Archimedes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whisperling/Aric (click to show/hide)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2016, 06:57:58 pm »

"I would prefer going to the border now staying here sounds like a waste of time, but I will have to work with them so I will hear their opinions"

(I will take the Red color for when Marquis speaks)
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2016, 07:03:09 pm »

"And waste the opportunity for a hunt?  Please.  Let's stretch out these limbs first, what have we got to lose."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2016, 08:15:52 pm »

"While this lich may not be the most deadly of threats, I believe it would be prudent to stop them. Even discounting the possibility of their becoming more problematic later, it is a prime opportunity to learn about our enemy and become more accustomed to this world."
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 12:06:00 am by Whisperling »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2016, 11:22:34 pm »

"It seems best to make our way to the lich. The longer we wait, the closer they get to their goal. We can learn as we make our way there, as it sounds like quite the journey."

(I guess I'll take blue? Not really any good default yellow/brown colors that don't burn the eyes or make reading annoying.)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 01:02:35 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2016, 12:03:34 am »

(I guess I'll take blue? Not really any good default yellow/brown colors that don't burn the eyes or make reading annoying.)

((How about this? Not exactly default, but "darkgoldenrod" isn't a huge hassle to type out.))

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2016, 01:02:12 am »

(That looks pretty good actually, thanks.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2016, 08:23:11 pm »

"Let's go then!" He zips out a large arch leading to a staircase spiraling up, jumping up and bouncing between a few walls as he goes. "Don't worry so much about trying to clean everywhere of all of The Shadow anyway. There's always more since it's in everywhere like that, and the people we protect can deal with smaller problems themselves anyway .. Ah, it's good to be out in the sunlight again. That fortress has 600 years of history but I don't like spending 37 hours underground, and spending too long next to such a strong leynode gives me a headache.

Oh! They'll give help if you ask, too! Their magic items are hard to carry and aren't nearly as powerful as you anyway, but a group of soldiers or transport can be helpful! Ooh, and raisins. You need to try those! And now here we are at the train station that will take us north! When a train gets here anyway, I thought one would be here. You could just run, but their trains are cool! In the past we had to run everywhere, (except Stacy's squad, since she was so good in wind magic) but then a clever human figured out how to use bound fire elementals to make house-like things move, it's great! Ah, I think I hear the train coming now. It will be here soon!"

Palm is now standing on railroad tracks, chattering on. (Since you're all magically powerful entities, you can easily sense his trail and can still clearly see and hear him as though holding a conversation through an open doorway. He seems to be significantly more magically faded than your group. It's your choice whether you could be bothered keeping up with him or not.)

Spoiler: NRDL/Knix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ziizo/Marquis (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Person/Archimedes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whisperling/Aric (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3