Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Roll to be a magic cat, an RTD "on rails." Now with 50% more rails.  (Read 3575 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome to the world of Mystica. Every century, divine beasts are set to guard the people from the annihilatory evils of The Shadow. A master summoner may gate a single one of the appointed divine beasts to the realm as the culmination of years or decades of effort.

Unfortunately for Mystica, this is The Century Of The Cat.

Please describe yourselves if you are interested in leaving your home plane for Mystica.

Name:
Skills: (Pick 1 primary and 2 secondary skills, abilities, or traits. These start fairly powerful, such as reviving a dead mortal under battlefield conditions, and may grow stronger over time. With enough effort, you may gain weaker skills later.)
Description: (Physical and mental. You will be a [particularly sturdy] flesh-and-blood feline, but may have special attributes, like wings made of fire. These will serve limited purpose unless you spend a skill point on one. Please remain mostly feline.
Mentally, consider that you're a fairly powerful spirit cat from another dimension.)
Sacrifice used to summon you: (Not technically needed, but .. you're a cat.)

Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Skills:[/b]

[b]Description:[/b]

[b]Sacrifice used to summon you:[/b]

You're being summoned. The summoners have some idea of who they're getting, and I'll be choosing sheets accordingly. Expect 4-5 people to get in. Try to get sheets up within 48 hours.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:24:41 pm by Nirur Torir »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a magic cat, an RTD on rails.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 05:00:09 pm »

PTW

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 05:06:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 04:40:59 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 05:35:14 pm »

Spoiler: Honk: (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 07:45:39 pm »

Dustan Hache: Paralyzing glare is good, but I'm not really sure your other skills are strong enough.

Kevak: Blink and Shadowstep are pretty similar. You're obviously powerful enough that blink isn't a silly little "randomly teleport within 30 meters."
After creative re-interpretation, I shall assume the horn used to summon Honk is a horn that "[hasn't] been." An excellent choice, no doubt requiring a fascinating quest to acquire.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 07:50:57 pm »

Dustan Hache: Paralyzing glare is good, but I'm not really sure your other skills are strong enough.

Kevak: Blink and Shadowstep are pretty similar. You're obviously powerful enough that blink isn't a silly little "randomly teleport within 30 meters."
After creative re-interpretation, I shall assume the horn used to summon Honk is a horn that "[hasn't] been." An excellent choice, no doubt requiring a fascinating quest to acquire.
you said to quote unquote "guard the people." You never said how many people there were, how good they were at fighting, or what exact hardships they were likely to face.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 07:53:43 pm »

Blink is more of a close range teleport. Shadowstep is more of a longrange fast travel option.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 08:02:23 pm »

Spoiler: Knix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 08:00:06 am »

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 08:42:43 am »

I'm interested in this. I might be in too many games though, and I'm not exactly great on the rp front. (Funny how the first truly proper attempt at rp I'll be doing on these forums is as a cat. Truly we live in interesting times.) Anyway this is probably too strong, but one of the listed abilities you have as an example is "Resurrect the dead", so I've gone a bit overboard rather than being conservative.

Edit: Good to hear it isn't too strong. Have made a couple small changes in personality section, mostly grammar fixes really. In a way, that section was inspired by the personality pages of dwarves we like so much. Thought I'd add that in case it helps anyone with their own.

You know, I wasn't sure what sort of character I was making and when I wasn't looking it all quickly evolved into a sort of paladin like character as I adding more things. At least that sort of fits the setting? Also not entirely sure whether he'll be able to use powers at night time, given the element I've picked. It'd probably be stronger during the day (if only mildly) but I can only assume we have internal power as well.

Spoiler: Archimedes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 01:51:53 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 10:17:12 am »

Name: tick

Skills: Travel back in time 1 minute every day, slow down time in my immediate area for 1 minute every hour, react unnaturally fast.

Description: a small kitten with Golden fur. He is very focused, but what his focus is may change every hour or so, he always tells the truth,and fears the misuse of time manipulation powers.

Sacrifice used to summon you: a golden pocket watch.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:20:44 pm by HugeNerdAndProudOfIt »
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a magic cat, an RTD debatably on rails.
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 04:03:27 pm »

Anyway this is probably too strong
No, that's about right.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a magic cat, an RTD "on rails."
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 06:10:38 pm »

Are there still spots available?

« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:20:04 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2016, 01:51:11 am »

First post seems to indicate it not being first come first served. They'll be picking 4 to 5. So yes, there are potentially spots if they like a newer sheet better than someone else's.

Also just a quick question, can we speak the language of the people we're guarding? Is it a telepathy sort of deal? Are we all weird sailor moon-esque cats in a way that literally open and close our mouths to speak despite probably not having the right vocal cords? Are we running on basically just body language and communicating within the cat species? (I'm getting way too existential here.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2016, 08:44:33 am »

Spoiler: That Bloody Cat (click to show/hide)
((HAHAHAH MURDER ALL THE THINGS HAHA- catnip?))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 05:54:41 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: [1] 2 3